Would You Wear a "Cremation Pendant?"

I looked into this a while back, not because I was interested in doing it but because I was curious about the process. My research left me thinking that these companies are more scam than anything else.

This is a link to a Pricescope discussion about memorial diamonds. The last post on the first page, a copy and paste of an article titled "Dead Dad's a Diamond!" is pretty informative.

http://www.pricescope.com/forum/lab...cremains-anyone-do-this-need-info-t87521.html
I've read pricescope for many years. Lots of very helpful info. The threads about ashes to diamonds often are closed, but not before some discussion. It sure looks to me like you really don't know what happens...ashes in, and they give you "something" back. Buyer beware. Seriously. There are reputable posters there that are pretty upfront about this, and have been for years.
Me? I'd either choose a niche or spread the ashes over time.
This way you don't run the risk of trading pop's ashes for some diamond that's been sitting around the shop awhile, and paying a lot of money for the experience.

Yeah, I don't know about that cremation pendant. When my husband died, the funeral home had a gold necklace made with a small circular pendant that had DH's fingerprint on it. I gave it to my adult daughter, and she loves to wear it. It reminds her of good times with dad. If it's ever lost, I can have a new one made from info on file.

suprised no else has said it, but i've told my wife she is gonna have to sneak my ashes into Epcot and dump me in the world showcase lagoon.:rolleyes1

I wore one with my late husband's ashes full time for about a year and on-and-off for the next three years. You can only put a small pinch of ashes in one, so you have the rest to do with as you wish. When I started dating again, I felt a little strange taking him along on the dates, so I stopped wearing it.

suprised no else has said it, but i've told my wife she is gonna have to sneak my ashes into Epcot and dump me in the world showcase lagoon.:rolleyes1

I've said for years that Disney is missing out on having a 'cremation garden' onsite somewhere, LOL. I've joked about having my cremains put into a flower bed somewhere onsite.

OT, but when my dad was cremated, he (unfortunately) was not the most beloved person on earth (think abusive alcoholic). My SIL & I joked about having his cremains sold in a garage sale as a "mystery box". (Yes, we're going to heck for that...)

For my parents or grandparents? No. For my husband or kids? Maybe. I can understand the comfort of a part of their physical body always being near.

Yeah, I don't know about that cremation pendant. When my husband died, the funeral home had a gold necklace made with a small circular pendant that had DH's fingerprint on it. I gave it to my adult daughter, and she loves to wear it. It reminds her of good times with dad. If it's ever lost, I can have a new one made from info on file.

This is lovely and I can absolutely see wearing something like this.

Memorial jewellery has been around for centuries. The Victorians were big into hair jewellery fashioned from their dead loved ones. My grandmother had a locket containing a lock of hair from one of her children who died as an infant. Creepy? Not to me, but its not something I would do, either. My mother was always on my back while she was alive. I don't want her hanging around my neck now that she's dead. Her cremains are in a niche in the cemetery. My step fathers ashes will join her when he dies.

We've already stipulated our wishes in our wills. DH wants his ashes scattered at sea. I want mine to be planted with a tree.

I recently had "Guardian Angel" cremation urn key rings made for me, my sister and all the grandchildren filled with my mom's ashes

Yes. I have my dad's ashes in a cross pendant. I wore it a lot at first. But now it stays safely in my jewelry box. I like having it

I work in a funeral home and cremation jewelry is very popular. We fill them for all of the families who order them. I personally love the fingerprint necklaces. I wish they were around when my dad passed. I definitely would have gotten one.

My dd was just talking about the planting them with a tree thing the other day. I told her I want mine enclosed in one of those shells you throw into the ocean. I think dh would like the space thing. We already have plans to be cremated, might as well do something cool with the ashes.

I love the idea of planting a tree along with a loved ones cremains.

I don't think it's a whole lot different than making the fingerprint necklace from your deceased love one or a lock of hair in a locket. I don't think any of those things are a choice I would make but its comforting to some and I think that's just fine for them.

I'd never heard of the pendant necklace with fingerprint, what a wonderful idea. That is something I would definitely like to have, and would wear, if the info is on file and a new one could be made if the original was lost.

I work in a funeral home and cremation jewelry is very popular. We fill them for all of the families who order them. I personally love the fingerprint necklaces. I wish they were around when my dad passed. I definitely would have gotten one.

I would love to have a fingerprint necklace from my Dad too.

I'd never heard of the pendant necklace with fingerprint, what a wonderful idea. That is something I would definitely like to have, and would wear, if the info is on file and a new one could be made if the original was lost.
You can order different things. First, it's a gold pendant (or you can order silver) with fingerprint. It's the size of a penny, and you can engrave something on the other side, like initials and date of death. The optional chain has a selection of length and weight (thickness). Or just order the pendant. I chose the pendant-only in silver, that I have in a drawer with some special things. DD has the necklace in gold. I think they are lovely memory pieces.

I do not see anything wrong with a cremation pendant if you want one. DH and I are not going to be cremated so we will not have ashes.

I don't find it creepy at all but I wouldn't wear one because I'd just be worried about it losing it all the time. My uncle passed and was buried (not cremated) and at the funeral home, the funeral director pinned a butterfly pin on my uncle's suit coat and gave a matching pin to my aunt. He was buried with the pin on, so my aunt always has something connected to him now. She wore it for a while right after he died, but now keeps it safe at home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter