Would you wait or go??

Missyma919

Mouseketeer
If you had the option to go in one year and stay at a value for free dining OR
save for an additional year and go in 2 years to a deluxe what would you do? I have always wanted to stay at the Poly but I also hate waiting 2 years to go again lol. We live a long ways away so plane tickets are alot. If we could drive we could go every year no problemo :rotfl:

I'd stay at a value. I go every two years, AND we stay at values. But I guess it depends on the people you are. We choose not to spend much time except for sleeping at our hotel and enjoy the parks. So for us, its an easy choice.

I would save and stay deluxe. I, personally, do not care for the values and moderates for many reasons.

I go to Values so I can go more often. We have been going each year now since 2006 and we still don't seem to want to tay much at the resort. I love being in the parks or even DTD in the evening.

Definitely sooner than later. We stay at values or off-property so we can go more often and/or stay longer. We would rather do parks all day long. It really depends on what you want your Disney vacation to be. We aren't at the resort for more than a bagel in the a.m., maybe an hour in the pool to cool off, and to sleep, so we don't care if there's a lot of fine dining options and other amenities at our resort. But that's just us.

If you've always dreamed of the Poly, I'd say save up and go for it. I faced the same decision a few years back, only it was for the CR. Anyways, I did it and it was one of the most enjoyable, memorable vacations I've taken. Even if you spend most of your time in the parks, you'll get the warm fuzzy everytime you head back to your room, or see the resort across the lagoon from the MK. At least I know I did, so much so that I bought into the BLT this past fall. Now I can go every year and stay at the CR :goodvibes.

I would wait and not go during free dining. I have always wanted to stay at the Poly or Wilderness Lodge.

We always stay at a value during FDP. We spend so much time at the Parks & the restaurants that the value works out fine for us. However, you need to do what is right for you. If the Poly is your dream then maybe you should wait. For us we love going every year, so value it is. :goodvibes

For me, I would wait and stay at the Poly. But that is because I spend a lot of time at the resort and having a balcony is a deal breaker for me. However, if you don't plan on spending much time at your resort or in your room go next year and don't waste the extra time and money. Either way you'll be at Disney and will still be able to enjoy the same things outside of the resort (parks, DTD, restaurants...etc.).

Another thing to consider - will this be your last trip to Disney for a while? In the next 5 years, do you think you'll be able to make more than one trip or will this be your only visit? If it is your only visit I would suggest saving and staying at the Poly and really making the most of it.

Happy Planning!

I would wait and stay at the Poly. I stayed there this past June and it is well worth the wait!

If it's your dream to stay at a deluxe then wait the extra year & do it, Disney World will still be there & you'll be even more excited having waited longer. I say go for the Poly & revel in every second of your stay!!:yay:

As others have written, it really depends on what type of vacation you desire. Values are fine if you're going commando; deluxes are more relaxing. Polynesian does have the monorail, but I cannot imagine that saving more than an hour a day over taking buses (unless one has a very complicated itinerary with multiple parks and resort ADRs daily).

fwiw, I would quite happily stay at a Value in order to stay longer or go more frequently. We have stayed at Pop and it was not a hardship by any means. You are surrounded by mostly happy people having a great time ... kind of like the parks.

Perhaps you should consider a split stay in which you stay most nights at a value while visiting the parks, then move to the Poly for the last couple of nights to enjoy the pool, the monorail for quick trips to the MK, and fireworks from the beach ...

That's the same debate we're having. We had our first trip last June and loved it. I think we are going to wait and take a vacation closer to home and stay at the bay lake towers in 2011. Of course if they come out w/deals not to pass up for summer plans may change. But our family is a little big for values anyway.

We could easily afford a 3-night cruise on the Wonder but I'm holding out and saving for the 7-night Western. It's not like the 3-night is that inexpensive and I'd rather save what we'd spend for what I really want.

So, if going to a value, spending on airfare and passes, etc. will deplete your vacation fund, I say wait for the Poly. Otherwise, I don't think there's anything wrong with the Values and don't really like the Poly.

I would definitely wait the extra year and save for the Poly. That is what we do. We generally go every other year and we stay deluxe. I save for the trip. We have been many times, so commando park touring is no longer our style. We enjoy the amenities of the resort too. This is what works for our family
Good Luck in your decision.

Well if comfort is important, how about Coronado Springs Resort.

They have queen beds, all other mods and values have full size beds. Unless it's just two people then you get your own bed.

For us it's either go value or don't go. We're all about the theme parks and water parks. We feel deluxes are not a smart use of funds.

I would wait a 1 and 1/2 and go with a MOD.
Love POR. Sometimes there are deals that it only
cost $100.00 more for the whole week to stay at a Mod
over a Value. I've saved since April for a Deluxe stay
only need $700.00 more. I've been shooting for $300.00 per month
but a few months I made more. We're wanting to stay a AKL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter