Would you stay at BWV or S/D if price diferences was $200?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by MermaidMommy, Feb 3, 2013.

1. blackacex2

blackacex2 Mouseketeer

Did you see my tip about the Starwood American Express card? Free nights at swalphin my friend... FREE

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. magicaddict

magicaddict Mouseketeer

While I've never stayed at BWV, I have stayed at both S/D and I never felt like I was suffering by staying there. We personally didn't like the Dolphin, due mostly to it's size, but we love the Swan and have stayed there multiple times. You can't find a better bed on site plus you get Starbucks coffee in the room. I've got an upcoming trip for four nights in May that's going to cost about $250 due to a couple free nights and a couple cash and points nights. If I didn't have the rental car it would be under $200. I don't know any deluxe, let alone in the Epcot area where you can get such a deal.

4. Robbi

Robbi DIS Veteran

There are 17 restaurants at the S/D including:
    Shula's
    Il Mulino
    Blue Zoo
    Kimonos
    Garden Grove
    Picbu
    Fresh,etc.

OP, the BWV standard studios are basically a hotel room. If you're renting points, you won't get housekeeping. We are DVC members at BWV and we love it BUT I would not trade a room at the Dolphin for a standard BWV studio.
    Save your $200. We stay at either the Swan or Dolphin often and they are very nice.
    I had to laugh at the asylum comment because my husband said the other day that the Contemporary makes him think of the movie, Coma. OP, I promise the S/D are not asylum-like. Also, there are conventions at many of the deluxe Disney resorts- CR, GF, YC, BW and the moderate, CSR.

5. patty57

patty57 DIS Veteran

OP, I think you will be very happy with your decision. I've stayed in BW & BC, both the hotels and villas, at least ten times. I stayed at the Swan in June because I couldn't commit to renting points, and didn't want to spend the money for two rooms at either. I'm going back to the Swan/Dolphin in May. This time to the Dolphin. They are lovely resorts, and you will most likely be very happy.

6. DisneyFansInLINY

DisneyFansInLINY DIS Veteran

I love the Dolphin. We stayed there in May 2012 then again for 7 nights for Christmas 2012/New Year's Eve. And are booked there again for our July 4th and DD's 6th birthday trip. Their customer service is great. And the hotel is lovely. There are lots of restaurants and dining options, shops including a candy store and a Disney store, a spa, a gorgeous pool with a playground for kids, a kid's club, boat transportation to Epcot and HS, or you could walk to either, and buses to the other parks and downtown Disney. And you get the extra magic hours park benefit as well. No, you do not get DME or a dining plan but some of the Dolphin and Swan restaurants give AAA members 20% off and some restaurants accept the TIW card. Mears, Alamo and National are located inside the hotel for your transportation needs. Airport transportation isn't complimentary but in comparison to Disney's hotel costs, you are still saving money using Mears or other taxi services and using Alamo or National is super convenient. I do not understand how anyone could say there is no Disney feel to this hotel as you are on Disney property; literally walking distance to Epcot. Save the $200 for spending money on your trip.