would you skip epcot with 5 year old

I wouldn't ..Epcot was my daughters favorite park after MK at that age and still is at age 9

One of my boys declared it his favorite park about that age. The other one, now six says it is his least favorite but he LOVES soaring, and likes everything in the Living Sea, Living with the Land boat ride, The boat ride in Mexico, Space Ship Earth and many other things. We would never skip Epcot but we do find that several shorter time frames work better for us. Lots of fun places to eat with kids too. Garden Grill, Coral Reef, and the Mexico Restaurant are kid favorites in our family.

My girls love Epcot. They love walking around coloring Duffy at the Kid Cots. They love Test Track and Soaring and Nemo. My DH really likes Mission Space. So, we wouldn't skip it. We don't need a whole day there, but there really is a lot to do for the little ones.

My DD is now 4 and we've been to Epcot at age 18 mos, 2 1/2 yrs and 3 1/2 years and she's loved it every single time! I wouldn't recommend skipping it.

No. Epcot was both of my kids' favorite park from the time they were 3-4, until they were tall enough to ride RnRC and ToT. Now it is HS first and Epcot second.

I would never skip Epcot!
My 3 year old daughter and 6 year old son declared it their favourite park on their first trip.

No way! Epcot has been DD's (7) favorite park other than MK since she was 2. We spend 2 full days there on our trips.

Another vote for making time for EP! It has always been our kids' favorite, even at age 5. Test track, Soarin, Mission Space, Innoventions, Living with the Land, Nemo, rides in Mexico and Norway, street entertainers in WS. Eat at the Biergarten for a fun show, Via Napoli for pizza, bakeries in France and Norway, Akershus for a princess meal. Definitely don't skip EP!

My family can easily spend 2 days at Epcot. Between the stops at the kid cot locations, characters at the different countries in World Showcase, and then the attractions in Future World.

Epcot is more "kid friendly" than many people think it is.

Another vote for No - Don't miss Epcot !!

My dd's have Loved Epcot since at least that age and there is even more for preschoolers/younger kids to do in now!

Rides - Soarin and Test Track (if she is 40"), finding nemo and lots to explore in the living seas, the boat rides in Mexico and Norway as well as engaging activities in the Innoventions pavilions. My kids loved rides but in Epcot they could "do things" put out a fire, play games, build things and there are lots of playgrounds and interactive things at Epcot. Live entertainment at world showcase (real people LOL) and they loved the Kim Possible, now Phineus & Ferb missions. The kidcot stations are nice because they can color a teddy bear or a mask and meet the CM's from all the countries.

The food offerings at WS are terrific - both TS and CS have great options and Illuminations is probably our favorite fireworks show. In the evening my kids could chill in the stroller and take in the sights of the WS while DH and I had a "beverage" - great memories :)

It is a different experience; I feel like you can relax a little at Epcot and I think my kids feel the same.

NO don't skip Epcot! when my DD was almost 5 we spent lots of time going through all the countries! she loved learning things about them and we purchased a small, inexpensive souvenir from each country so she could do a show and tell back at school!

No way! My 16 year old has more memories of Epcot than of anything else - outside of the Buzz Lightyear ride that he rode about 20 times. He was last at Disney at age 7. He can't wait to visit that particular park again on our next trip. He has lots of things he wants to show his 6 year old sister.

I personally love Epcot, anyway, and it's my vacation, too!

We love Epcot--my son included. The Nemo ride & the Gran Fiesta boat ride were some of his favorites last visit. I think we rode each a dozen times. Plus, I just really like the really laid back pace & the food/drinks.

If I were to skip a park for that age, I'd opt for DHS (unless he's Jedi-crazed, then it's up for grabs).

I would NEVER skip Epcot! My kids have always loved Epcot and they have been at every age imaginable between the three of them. There is so much to do there and I cannot understand why Epcot has the strange stigma of being only for adults or older kids. Plenty of things to explore for every age. One year, we had an extra day at the end of our trip and we asked the kids which park they wanted to go back to. All three of them picked Epcot. Lots of good food, tons of live entertainment, great night time show, etc, -tons of fun!

If I HAD to pick a park to skip with a 5 year old (I'd hate to skip any, but if I really had to) it would be Hollywood studios. My kids are older now and wouldn't want to miss TOT and RnR but at 5 yrs, that is the park they would have missed the least.

Everybody pretty much said this already, but- no! My kids loved Epcot at 2 and 4. Even if they didn't like it, I'd drag them along because I like it. Did I just say that? Yes. :)

Even when my 2 year old couldn't ride some of the rides, there was plenty for us to do and see while waiting for his big brother, like the splash pad they have. I was prepared with extra clothes, so I let him run wild.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter