Would you rather have free dining or stay club level?

wdwfan

My heart belongs to Disney!
This is my dilema! :confused3 :sad2: I can't decide. I like the free dining, but I also enjoy club level and I know we can't do both for financial reasons and too much food consumption. They're both about the same price. What would you do?

Hello! I have the same dilema!

Originally, we had reservations at the Polynesian GV Concierge for an after Thanksgiving trip. When the free dining came out, I switched to Free Dining thinking it was a better deal (basically the price was the same). But now I'm thinking that I am going to miss Concierge level service and lounge!!

At this point, I'm going to keep Free Dining but I'm not sure either!! :confused3

I would choose CL. My kids are picky eaters and we generally like to play it by ear for a lot of our meals. The food offered in the mornings was always plenty for us for breakfast and the kids did love the snacks and deserts at night. And we loved the drinks at night too.

I just wrestled with the same thing but are you sure the price is the same? I was able to upgade to CL for 31.00 a day at the YC and actually CL at AKL for 207 a night....We are a family of 3 and while I think the DDP is a lot of food (we did CL and DDP in June but for Dec I have CL now and no DDP) it is so nice just to not be tied to an ADR. I would most certainly do CL b/c if there is a special ADR you really want, CL can secure it for you - I can only imagine how tough it will be getting ADRs during free dining and if you change your mind and want to switch days - might be tough, ADRs are gone and you are under the gun to use a TS or waste it. Right now I am CL 6 nights and plan to have OOP TS for 3 nights and then just use CS...Put it to you this way, if I did DDP I MIGHT MIGHT save 40 for the week but boy if I missed a TS, etc. I would lose money...So would rather OOP this trip and just hit the old favorites for TS.

I would choose CL. My kids are picky eaters and we generally like to play it by ear for a lot of our meals. The food offered in the mornings was always plenty for us for breakfast and the kids did love the snacks and deserts at night. And we loved the drinks at night too.

I agree, we always do CL. I do not like to have such a rigid schedule. We usually grab a quick bite for breakfast at the hotel, and play it by ear too depending on how we feel. I also do enjoy some wine and or cordials at night so it ends up being a good deal for us!

I think it depends on your family's Disney habits. We did Poly CL last time along with dining. We enjoyed CL but because we are up and out early in the morning and don't return until after dinner we really didn't use the lounge. We did eat our breakfasts there - a danish and OJ/coffee is all we need. From time to time DH would grab a beer at night on our way back to our room. But, that's about it.

If your family returns for a mid day break you could grab some sodas and snacks to refuel. If you return early enough in the evening you could make a light dinner out of the evening offerings. And of course you could relax in the lounge - something else we never did since we are at the parks all day.

I don't think anything, other than breakfast, in the CL would replace a meal however.

So, from someone who didn't really use the lounge FD works better for us. I think it's just going to be a personal decision - no right or wrong answer - and a great dilemma to have :)

We chose FD this year and a "regular" room at the WL.

We have gotten use out of the lounge when we have stayed previously. We always do breakfast, we buy lunch, and then we go back to the resort until about 6pm or so. We usually have the wine and appetizers along with cheese and crackers. Then I tell my family it's time to go eat since I secured an ADR. They feel full and I'm dragging them out to dinner or we just cancel our ADR entirely. I'm leaning toward club level. I'll let you know when I decide for sure. :)

We have gotten use out of the lounge when we have stayed previously. We always do breakfast, we buy lunch, and then we go back to the resort until about 6pm or so. We usually have the wine and appetizers along with cheese and crackers. Then I tell my family it's time to go eat since I secured an ADR. They feel full and I'm dragging them out to dinner or we just cancel our ADR entirely. I'm leaning toward club level. I'll let you know when I decide for sure. :)

Then it sounds like CL is right for you!

When I evaluate the dining plan objectively, it never comes out to be a good deal. I find when I do the actual math, not just looking at the bottom line prices, but figuring out my OOP costs and the extra cost for room and tickets v. buying discounted tickets and using a discount room only code, that free dining is a downright rip-off for our family—and we’re not even frugal eaters! So, in general, I'd go with CL. However, cheapskate that I am, I really am for just whatever saves me the most money.

I decided to go with Boardwalk Inn Club Level. :cool1: :woohoo: I'm excited and I'm happy with my decision. BWI is one of my favorites and I love their concierge. :lovestruc Since I decided to return to WDW this Nov., I first booked back in April, I have changed my resort 5 times! But this is it. :thumbsup2 I took advantage of the NBH code and got 4 nights with 5 day basic tickets for $2,354.32

I had no problem choosing. We had the Disney Visa free dining. When I saw the deal on the Yacht Club Lagoon View CL I jumped on it. We would NEVER be able to afford to stay CL without this deal. Plus, it was cheaper! We were already staying at the Yacht Club in a water view. I have always wanted to stay there! It is awesome! I can't wait. :thumbsup2

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

That's easy, CL all the way.:banana::banana:

The convenience of having a place to go for breakfast, late night snack and drinks are great.
We didn't eat dinner much as we ate out.
I like have another place to relax while everyone can still be in their room. I'm a early riser so I'd have the lounges to myself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter