Would you have reported this guy to a mall manager?

CR Resort Fan 4 Life

DIS Veteran
On a previous vacation to WDW my family & I were shopping at the Prime Outlet Mall (formally known as the Belz Outlet Mall on International Drive). Every time we go there we like to take a copy of the I Heart Orlando magazine at the discounted ticket both with all the other free brochures, because we like them as a souviner & for coupons to the Golden Coral. Anyway if you have ever seen this magazine before at the Prime Outlets or other stores along 192 with discounted ticket boths you should know that even though there is a price of $3.95, the people working there don't mind that you take them. I remember one time asking if these were for free & the person said yes they were take as many as you want. Anyway while we were at the Prime Outlets I had noticed them sitting behind the clerk which were still in plastic because they were un open. So I said to him very nicley could I please have the I Heart Orlando Magazine? He then tells that will be $4.00, I then tell him $4.00 they are free. All of the sudden he looks at me & in a very rude voice says free, where does it say free? Myself & my parents wanted to tell this guy why are you trying to rip me off, but we had walked away. Later on I said to my parents, god I wish I had reported the guy to the manager of the mall or to someone who is high ranking. Now here comes the best part. 2 Days later we go back the Prime Outlets & what do I see? Well I see about 30 I Heart Orlando magazines on the table free for the taking & the same person working there. So on purpose I took one along with my Mom & Dad. So tell me that the guy was not trying to rip me off? I hope nobody flames me on this & says to me well the guy was right because there is a price on the magazine so he was just doing his job. Well then how do you explain these magazines always being free at every ticket outlet in Orlando & the same guy putting them out on the counter for mall shoppers? Anway if you were in this situation would you have reported him, or said I don't want this to ruin my familes vacation?

Honestly, no, I have better things to do with my time on vacation. Every vacation destination I have ever been to is full of weirdos and scam artists, that's why I like to stay on Disney property when I can! :)

Here in DC, hobos try to sell the free maps that you can pick up inside the Smithsonian museums (which are all free to the public). I would have just walked away and checked again before I left the mall to see if he was still there.

Because they were still in the plastic and not opened yet he was probably having a bad day being a j*rk and didn't feel like opening them. I would have said something when i went back the second time...but probably would have regretted getting myself upset later....Its really not worth it especially when on vacation :sunny:

Nope lifes to short move on. Then again on vacation Dh and Ds wouldnt be caught dead at a mall. :)

maybe he wasn't aware they were free until after you were in there.

I am the type of person that would be mad too, but I wouldn't say anything about it and stress myself out.

When i worked at home depot they taught us not to except checks that did not have the current date. Well a man came to pay his CC bill and gave me a check outdated(a few days). I did not except the check. He was yelling and going on about how he always did it but i said no. Long story short a manager had to come over and he took the check. After that day I learned that we except checks with past dates (a few days or so), but only for CC payments.

When doing a job you dont always learn/know everthing right away sometimes you learn as you go. I think this is true for every position. You cannot always assume the worst, you may have ruined your day as well as his.
Maybe he was told to sell and he saw a price on the book so assumed it was for sale (which is logical) unlike the other free stuff which are usually clearly marked Free.

I definitely agree that he probably thought they were 4 bucks and was informed otherwise later. Sorry that he frustrated you though

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter