Would you do this? Road trip advice

Discussion in 'Community Board' started by JaxJags08, Jun 3, 2009.

1. JaxJags08

JaxJags08 DIS Veteran

In a few weeks we'll be visiting my sis who is in VA for the summer. It is a 10 hour drive from FL - about 6 hours longer than the longest car ride DD2 has ever taken. Due to work/school issues we'll only be going for 4 days/3 nights, but I'd love to visit DC because I've never been. So right now, our schedule with driving time looks like this:

Day 1 - FL to VA (10 hrs)
    Day 2 - VA to DC (3 hrs)
    Day 3 - DC to VA (3 hrs)
    Day 4 - VA to FL (10 hrs)

Are we crazy to think of doing this with a 2 1/2 year old? Should we just spend days 2 and 3 around VA Beach/Williamsburg? In DC we plan on doing one of the hop on/off bus tours, but it will probably still be a lot of walking.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. The Mystery Machine

The Mystery Machine Sunrise at my house. :+)

So when are you actually vacationing? It looks like you are mostly driving. Just go and hang with your sis on a beach.

4. JaxJags08

JaxJags08 DIS Veteran

This will be a long weekend in July. I'm just not too interested in going to a beach. We're from FL, so I don't want to drive to VA to go to a beach. Granted it would be with my sister, but I'd still like to visit something different.

5. The Mystery Machine

The "beach" was a figure of speech. Go and hang with your sister was the message since that is the reason you are going there.

If you are only going to see her for 1 day, I would skip VA altogether and just go to DC.

It really sounds like you want to hit DC, and I can't say I don't blame you. I want to go as well.;)

6. The Mystery Machine

Or maybe you could reverse the trip and hit DC first.:thumbsup2