Would you Accept an Upgrade?

Yes, take the upgrade. They are trying to move you away from the construction. I was moved to an entirely different resort one time (BWI to GF) and believe it or not, I hesitated! For all of one minute. My friends were at teh BWI, and I wanted to be there as well, but I hate construction disruption, and they were moving me away. Best thing I did was agree!

I'd take it. YC rooms need a little renovating and your walk to DHS is increased by literally two minutes. Considering the amount of walking at Disney, that wouldn't come close to a factor for me.

I declined an upgrade over the summer at the Beach Club. They called a few days before to ask if we would switch from CL Lagoon/Pool view to a One Bedroom Suite. After carefully questioning the CM that there was truly only one bed and might or might not be a daybed and that they could not provide a rollaway bed, I declined. I was wrapping up a week of sharing a bed with my 8 year old at the Beach and was tired of being kicked. It was worth it to me to make sure we had TWO beds.

And then I emailed my travel agent in a panic that I was an idiot for declining. She talked me down.

I do wonder though--we had some serious issues with CM attitude/behavior/treatment of us during our stay and I couldn't help if we were "those difficult people who refused an upgrade" and that filtered through.

Still staying again this summer!

As others have said, they're moving you due to renovations. I'm staying there in march and have already decided that if I get the call, im going to accept. I have already stayed CL at the beach club and I'd stay there again if I weren't on a quest to stay in all the resorts at least once.

If offered on this trip (4rms), I would try to transfer it to my parents to use & keep our booked room type.

That's sort of my gut feeling. If they are calling ahead of time, my gut says there is a reason and they are trying to avoid some kind of issue when you are actually there. Based on that gut feeling, I'd be inclined to say yes just to avoid spending part of my vacation dealing with whatever the issue is when it could have been taken care of ahead of time.

People have posted that when there is an impacting reason they get told. Overbooking they probably wouldn't say anything.. It might be something like a large wedding group that wants more club level rooms.. Instead of speculating, get some ease of mind and be up front with why your considering saying no and ask if there is any specific reason your being offered this. Maybe that have another upgrade option that fits your walking distance need.

The boat isn't that much further and if they offered me an upgrade in a resort I hadn't tried yet I'd jump on it, so yeah I would take it..

I would change if there is a chance it is because of the refurbishment. BC is done. Plus you get to try a new Resort :)

We're checking in tomorrow at YC CL standard view. I have yet to receive a call about switching and when I booked (just earlier this week - spur of the moment trip) there was nothing said to me about renovations and Disney's website warned only about parking lot construction. I'm a little apprehensive about what we'll be dealing with now.

Also she is not sure we will like BC club level as much as YC.
I'd take the switch. Right now the YC lounge is operating in a temporary location while they make some changes. The temporary lounge is just fine though. However, we got a chance to try out the BC lounge and it was far better than the temporary YC version. I'm guessing that once the permanent YC location is complete it will be pretty much the same as the BC.

At the least the BC lounge is as good as what you are used to at the YC.

It was my understanding the YC lounge reopened a little less than a month ago (per the YC/BC official thread). Did they close it again?

It was my understanding the YC lounge reopened a little less than a month ago (per the YC/BC official thread). Did they close it again?

The lounge itself was completed a couple weeks ago. Now they are starting on the rooms.

We have stayed at both. I will say that our Lagoon View was beautiful at YC. If you like YC, just stick with it.

But, I have never understood why people make such a big deal about distance to X from BC vs. YC. It's a very negligible distance, IMO.

Also, for the people talking about losing a balcony. I know, for a fact, that there is at least one YC CL standard room with NO balcony at all...not even one of those standing ones...there's always the chance of getting that!

Coming back from Epcot at the end of the night, we definitely noticed the difference. I would take it, but we prefer the Beach Club to Yacht Club.

Yes!!! Don't think twice. Take the upgrade. Standard views can be truly awful. BC CL is very nice and all the rooms and CL have been refurbed.
And a lagoon room! Yes! I would be sure they will give you a full balcony. Not all BC rooms have full balcony.

As for the distance to boat dock, we're talking a 3 min difference. It's not that far.

Better view, new updated room and lounge, ya wouldn't have to ask me twice!

I am arriving February 5th and staying YC CL. I have not received a call yet about switching over to BC CL. I would make the change, if offered. Should I ask my TA to call and see if they think they will still be working on the rooms (it is only 3 weeks away, so I am sure they will be)? Or do you need to wait until they offer it to you?

The WDW deluxe resorts are all very nice. Try something different, it could become a new favorite.:earsboy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter