Would love your thoughts and pictures from some resort counter service locations

What's your favorite? why? what? and pictures :) (you can pick more than one)

• Pepper Market at Coronado Springs

• Riverside Mill at Port Orleans Riverside

• Roaring Forks at Wilderness Lodge

• Contempo Cafe at The Contemporary

• Captain Cooks at The Polynesian

• Another favorite not listed here---let me know the what, where and why

Results are only viewable after voting.

SPOERLX3

DIS Veteran
We had already booked our trip to Disney, taking our 3- 11 yr old grandkids, then our DD22 boyfriend proposed! So now we are paying for a wedding! :scared1: Sooooo happy but had to do some juggling with the finances. After weighing all of our options, when the FD came out, we decided instead of canceling the trip all together, we would just scale down our visit. We will be there Dec 16-23 at POP with free QSDP. This will be our first visit on the QSDP instead of the DDP and we are wanting to eat at some of the resort counter service locations so we can enjoy some of the resort Christmas decorations. Since we will be there in December, the parks close earlier than normal and we thought we would visit the resorts for dinner on our AK night since they close at 5.

I would love everyone's opinion on their favorite counter service locations, particullarly the resort counter service locations.

I have read some great things about Pepper Market and the Riverside Mill at Port Orleans Riverside. Thoughts???

I am also thinking about Roaring forks, Contempo Cafe and Captain Cooks. Any thoughts on these? any pictures?

Thank you all for your help:worship:

We love Captain Cooks for the nice variety and the Dole Whip for dessert. I never tried the noodles so I don't know if they are the same noodles as Ohana. I have heard that the banana stuffed french toast is the same thing that you get at Kona for breakfast.

Capt Cooks has a deluxe grilled cheese that is great, and I hear many many good things about their take on the pulled pork sammy..

I know POR has lots of good things as well from quesidillas to making your own pasta combo..

Hear Cont Cafe has good flatbreads and a grilled fish sandwhich.. Look at allears.net and check out the menus..

Captain cooks for the tonga toast! I know Kona has them. But its nice to get them from Captain Cooks if you dont have time for an ADR.

Also not listed is the POP century food court. I LOVE their beef/brocoli with rice. Sooooooo good. Their lo-mein noodles are tasty too!

The Contempo is hands down our favorite QS. It is fast, easy to get to, and they have items you can't find at other places. Their menu includes pastas for dinner, but we've never tried. Their flatbreads are good. It's not at a resort, but if Wolfgang Puck Express at Downtown Disney is still on the dining plan, it's the best quick service meal you'll have!

The Contempo is hands down our favorite QS. It is fast, easy to get to, and they have items you can't find at other places. Their menu includes pastas for dinner, but we've never tried. Their flatbreads are good. It's not at a resort, but if Wolfgang Puck Express at Downtown Disney is still on the dining plan, it's the best quick service meal you'll have!

I agree! Wolfgang Puck is our very favorite CS in Disney!:lovestruc

Captain cooks for the tonga toast! I know Kona has them. But its nice to get them from Captain Cooks if you dont have time for an ADR.

Also not listed is the POP century food court. I LOVE their beef/brocoli with rice. Sooooooo good. Their lo-mein noodles are tasty too!

We will be staying at POP and I can't wait to eat some of my favorites there!

I haven't been to all of these locations, but of the ones I have been to, POR Riverside Mill is my favorite.:thumbsup2

I love the pasta station where you can pick your own ingredients. There's always a lot of great options.

I haven't been to all of these locations, but of the ones I have been to, POR Riverside Mill is my favorite.:thumbsup2

I love the pasta station where you can pick your own ingredients. There's always a lot of great options.

My daughter is soooo excited about the pasta station at POR! I believe this one will definitely be on our list:lovestruc

It's not in a resort, but the Columbia Harbor House in MK seems to get rave reviews.

We have been eating at Columbia Harbour House since we took our first trip to Disney in 1991. We LOVE CHH and always have at least one meal there every trip:thumbsup2

The POR FC is our favorite- the made to order pasta and salad are a big hit.
AND... the magic cookie bar from the bakery for dessert is phenomenal!!

Congrats on your trip and (soon-to-be) addition to the family!

Well since you are staying at POP I said that food curt is awesome! one of the best!
Love CHH , WPE at DTD.
:hippie:

Also I would eat at Gasparilla Grill at Grand Floridian just to tour the Christmas decor .

The POR FC is our favorite- the made to order pasta and salad are a big hit.
AND... the magic cookie bar from the bakery for dessert is phenomenal!!

Congrats on your trip and (soon-to-be) addition to the family!

awwwww thank you canjunmomof3. We are blessed and soooo excited

Our two favorites are Captain Cooks (Tonga Toast for breakfast and the adult grilled cheese and dole whip for lunch!) and Roaring Forks (Great sandwiches, baked goods, flatbreads and DH loves the burgers)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter