Would Love Your Opinion

jiminy1

Mouseketeer
Just found out that my sis is giving my entire family a short trip to WDW for Christmas! (Hooray!) However, my DH & I want to add a day at the beginning of the trip for just us. I'm now struggling over which resort to choose: pay over $500 for one night at the WL, or pay a little under $300 by staying at a Moderate. I need your opinion!

Factors:
1.) DH & I have tix to MVMCP for that first night, so staying somewhere near MK would be an advantage.
2.) We've never stayed at WL and would love to give it a try.
3.) Over $500 for one night at a hotel seems pretty insane to me. At the same time, "YOLO" keeps popping into my head.
4.) Staying at CBR or another Moderate means saving $200, which is pretty substantial. We've stayed at CBR many times and love it.

That being said, what would you do? Thanks for the input!

Just found out that my sis is giving my entire family a short trip to WDW for Christmas! (Hooray!) However, my DH & I want to add a day at the beginning of the trip for just us. I'm now struggling over which resort to choose: pay over $500 for one night at the WL, or pay a little under $300 by staying at a Moderate. I need your opinion!

Factors:
1.) DH & I have tix to MVMCP for that first night, so staying somewhere near MK would be an advantage.
2.) We've never stayed at WL and would love to give it a try.
3.) Over $500 for one night at a hotel seems pretty insane to me. At the same time, "YOLO" keeps popping into my head.
4.) Staying at CBR or another Moderate means saving $200, which is pretty substantial. We've stayed at CBR many times and love it.

That being said, what would you do? Thanks for the input!

While I absolutely LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the WL....I can't imagine paying $500/ night for any hotel room...but that's just me.

It would be convenient though....I would actually suggest a value if its just for one night and you're going to be in the parks anyways...I really dislike CBR though.

While I absolutely LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the WL....I can't imagine paying $500/ night for any hotel room...but that's just me.

It would be convenient though....I would actually suggest a value if its just for one night and you're going to be in the parks anyways...I really dislike CBR though.

I've always been afraid that the Value resorts would be a serious let-down. Don't get me wrong--I'm not usually a "ritzy"/"resort" kinda gal. But when I'm at Disney, I want the magic. Do the Value resorts feel magical for adults? I've always wondered...

if you are going for free, for the rest of your trip, you could splurge, but is it worth it?!
i personally would not pay that much, essentially all you get is a room,granted a nice one but still. :confused3

do whatever you feel is right, and have a great time. :goodvibes

I've always been afraid that the Value resorts would be a serious let-down. Don't get me wrong--I'm not usually a "ritzy"/"resort" kinda gal. But when I'm at Disney, I want the magic. Do the Value resorts feel magical for adults? I've always wondered...

I honestly do.....I have felt more "at Disney" than I ever did at CBR. Yes, the values offer you a more "in your face" Disney experience...it's kind of like staying at a Disney store...:rotfl2:

You definitely won't get "ritzy", but you will get clean and comfortable. You like CBR so you obviously don't mind the double beds.

DH and I stayed exclusively at values before kids (even our Disneymoon was at All Star Sports)...our kids have only stayed at one value, POP and then we've stayed mods/deluxe since that trip...but our value trips were certainly magical. :goodvibes

I agee with previous post about the values resorts are like staying at a Disney store, but that is why you are there at DISNEY!!! Yes i have stayed a both Pop and Sports and truely Loved them. I consider POP as my favorite. I would also recomend staying at PORFQ, the resort is very nice and a nice stroll with the hubby down the street of the FQ is very romantic. The boat ride to DTD and the walk up to POR is also lovely.

IMPHO, i would pick FORFQ or POP.

If you were going to spend most of the day and evening at the resort, then I'd say YOLO, go and enjoy it. But you will be spending the entire evening in the park. You'll sleep in the room for a few hours and then check out. I'd rather save a few $$$ and sleep elsewhere.

No matter what you decide, I hope you all have a magical Christmas trip :tinker:

How about checking out the Swan or Dolphin. It will be cheaper than WL, probably about the same price (possibly cheaper) than a mod and MUCH nicer than a mod IMHO.

While I love WL, Im not sure it's worth $500 for a night, and esp it you're not going to be there enjoying the resort amenities.

I'd go with a moderate, POR is wonderful, and not that far from MK. You could leave early and hop on the WL boat from MK to look around, the Christmas Decorations are beautiful.

Have you checked the Disney web site under Special Offers to see if there are any room discounts available ?

I vote for a POR Royal room or POFQ. Love the feel of these resorts. Are you going to a park first thing the next morning? If not, you could take the boat from POR/POFQ to DTD.

I say try a room at the new Art of Animation! And splurge on a cab back to the resort if you don't want to deal with the bus!

WL is one of my favorites and very romantic. However, without a room discount I wouldn't spend $500. I would see if there is a room discount offered (even call and see if there is a discount attached to your name). If now then I would choose a moderate resort. I also love CBR and would stay there again. I haven't stayed at POR or POFQ but they are next on my list of moderates. I think they are both romantic and you would be able to get to MK fairly easy.

Personally, I would avoid the values if it were just you and your husband. They are much larger and busier, no sit down restaurant. I would definitely chose a moderate or discount at the WL. Good luck choosing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter