Would love your opinion on resort!

Which would you choose?

• A moderate resort (rack rate)

• Studio at BWV or BCV (renting pts.)

• One bedroom villa at OKW (renting pts.)

• Swan

• Dolphin

• Two adjoining rooms at a Value (probably PC)

• Another idea you might have....

Results are only viewable after voting.

TigrLvsPooh

Travel Channel's Ultimate Disney Fan
Just in case there aren't any ap rates or codes coming out for late April and early May we need a back-up plan. We are a family of 4, children ages 2 and 4. Please tell us which you would choose and why? :)

Sorry Erika...I'm no help at all. :crazy: They all sound great to me as long as you're getting to go to WDW. :)

I voted for a moderate - Port Orleans French Quarter. It's reopening in March, fully refurbished. ;) If AP rates don't come out for our dates, I do plan on connecting rooms at POFQ.

If there are discounts, I'd probably try for the Contemporary, wing room if you want. Or, maybe Wilderness Lodge or the Beach Club. :)

I voted for one bedroom OKW. I have never stayed there, but I've heard nothing but fabulous things about it. I chose this over the BCV because it's a one bedroom and it gives you a little privacy from the dear children at the end of the day:D If those were my choices, OKW is what I'd pick! Have fun!

Having done the family of 4 in a single room (DDs were 22mos and 4.5yrs), I voted for the adjoining rooms at a Value. We managed everyone in one room without much of a problem since the girls were so tired they fell asleep quickly and soundly. But I defnitely mentioned to DH that next time we will do 2 rooms at a Value!

Love the one bedrooms at OKW...but be warned once you have stayed in the one bedroom you will only want to stay at DVC. ::yes::

I voted for a studio at BCV or BWV! Because, it would be larger than a moderate room and you get a fridge, microwave, toaster, coffee maker, huge closets, balcony/patio, free washer/dryer use, and a much better location than any of the other options! Plus at BCV, you have access to stormalong bay! Also, you will have so many dining options!:bounce:

I voted for the Swan...Heavenly beds, great location, and great transportation. My kids loved the pool there.
I wasnt sure how we would like it being "non Disney", but we were very impressed. :D

I would say PC or POFQ if no AP rates come out. PC is new and I have heard great things about it so far. POFQ should be nice and fresh. We are deluxe hotel people but I have been waiting for POFQ to reopen because my whole family wants to stay there.

My 2nd choice would be BWV or BCV studio. Very convenient.

If AP rates come out I would do AKL or WL Concierge. Why not splurge if you are able to get a great rate. :D

I picked another idea.

First off, stay with Disney. We stayed in a one bedroom at OKW and loved it. But our youngest wasnt even one and was in a crib. our 6 yr old slept in the bed with us because he didnt want to sleep in the living room alone. SO that could be a problem for you.

Me, if I were you, I'd stay in a FW cabin. You get a bed room with a double and a set of bunk beds, so you wont be over crowded into a king bed. plus you get the benefit of the bedroom door which you can close on sleeping kids and a full kitchen.

AAA offers a 25% discount which actually puts it in the moderate price range.

Thanks for all the comments and help everyone! :)

Cali-D... Let's hope there are some codes! :) I'd really like to do the WL concierge again, or maybe the Poly again. DH would like to try the CR... we've never stayed there. :) POFQ is definitely a good possibility, we've never stayed there either... but enjoyed the boat to DTD when we stayed at Dixie Landings. Guess we'll just have to see what happens.

Tinks... We've stayed in a two bedroom villa at OKW three times (with inlaws) and have always loved it. :) We've thought that it could be a problem having the kids sleeping in the living room... we're afraid they might start emptying drawers in the kitchen or getting into trouble in the middle of the night! :eek: I'm not sure I can trust them out there alone.

jwsqrdplus2.... Two adjoining rooms at a value would give us a lot of space and two bathrooms. So that could be really nice. :) We enjoyed our stay at PC last month... so that's probably what we'd shoot for.

MAGICinMYHEART...... We love the 2 bedroom villas at OKW, so I'm sure the one bedrooms are really great too. :) Plus they are way less points than any of the others. ;)

jacksmom....... We enjoyed our stay in a studio at BCV's last spring... but I'm not sure we'd do it again. I really missed having a nice clean room when we came back at night. And it's sort of a pain not having the w/d right in the room like we did at the two bedroom villas. So it just seemed like more work.

CamColt....... I agree! We absolutely loved our stay at the Swan last summer. :) If we can get a good rate it would definitely be high on the list. :)

floridafam...... I think if we do a moderate we'll definitely try POFQ. We've never stayed there and it seems really nice. WL concierge is my first choice if a good code comes out. ;)

stacy6552...... Thanks for the idea but I would NEVER do a Wilderness Cabin again. We didn't like the bus situation, it was a pain to switch... also I didn't like walking in the mud to get back to our room and having the whole place wet and damp. It just wasn't my cup of tea. Too much "roughing it". ;)

Ok, I'm SURE more than 28 people have read this poll!!!! ::yes:: Let's get some more votes PLEASE!!! :hyper:

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Hey! I'm here!

I'm with Cali, but wait for those great rates to get the CR or Poly.
Perfect to be on the monorail with little ones...I REMEMBER!;)

And, I have to say, for the price, it's hard to beat the Swan or Dolphin.

Been there many times, taken many a kid, and they've LOVED EM!

:wave:

I vote for the 1 bdrm. We rented points last year for a 2 bdrm at BCV for a family vacation. (my parents, my brother, DH, DD and me) The full kitchen was great for breakfast alone. We also used it at other times. It was also great to be able to put my DD to bed at night or for a nap and still have a place to sit and relax without bothering her.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter