Would love to have YOUR feedback on restaurants and dishes!!

Are you looking for another counter service or table service? DH finds the turkey legs in MK irresistible. I really enoy indulging in the corndog bites at Casey's Corner. If you want to share something, Cosmic Ray's Cafe (counter service) has a very large rib and chicken combo or double cheese burgers that are enormous and definitely enough to share too. Plus, they also have the super-delicious toppings bar there.....Then again, you could always eat ice cream for dinner at the ice cream parlor, lol.

I like the way you think!!

Every year we've gone...we've done the DDP...which I'm sure you know is a LOT of food...and although it's wonderful and a great value...we feel like we eat so much that towards the end of our vacation...we're oozing around like slugs with the food stupids...

so this year we wanted to take a lighter approach to meal times...split a lot of stuff and kinda graze throughout the day...

we LOVE the turkey legs...and mini-corndogs...OMG...there is NO bad there...

I think we'll end up doing exactly that!!

thank you for reminding me of all the little goodies that are around the park!!

by the way...Cosmic Ray's is our favorite CS in MK...the toppings bar is like Mardi Gras for me!!

Dinner: The Wave
--Cinnamon Rubbed Pork Tenderloin Very good, we had this in March 09 (pics in my link) and we loved it!

--Chocolate Mousse with Salted Caramel Sauce, Almond-Pineapple-Raisin "Baklava", Chocolate-Passion Fruit Mousse with Pecan-Olive Had this in March too...it was good but not the best of the ones offered.

Dinner: Sci-Fi Dine In
--Onion Rings AWESOME! Not greasy at all and the portion was huge

Lunch: Beaches & Cream
--No Way Jose My favorite ice cream dessert in all of WDW, if you love peanut butter you will love this!

Lunch: Wolfgang Puck Express
--Pepperoni, mushroom and extra cheese pizza Excellent! They have wonderful pizza here

:banana: thank you!!!! It's so good to get feedback from those in the know!!!

Guys...thank you so much for reading my thread and all of your wonderful and knowledgable suggestions...

I'm sure you all can relate to the anxiety you face when you have to develop a food budget and choose restaurants 3 months in advance!!!...

you want your vacation to be wonderful and the food to be wonderful...and blah blah blah...and it sounds so silly because it's just food...but come on the dining is part of the fun...so making the "right" choices is super important to me...

So again...THANK YOU SO MUCH....you guys are great at instilling confidence in my choices and making me think twice about others...

keep the comments coming...i truly appreciate them all!! :banana:

I know you are going to get a ton of suggestions and different opinions on each restaurant but I wanted to give a :thumbsup2 for the Rose and Crown. We were there is past October and had a great time and the food was amazingly good. We sat inside by the fireplace and we had a great waitress. There wasn't really anything on the menu that I thought I'd like but we couldn't get into the R&C on our last visit so DH wanted to eat there so I made the ressie. He loves all things English and the food and beer. He had the cheese plate which he said was great and I had the potato leek soup that was good as well. For entree, DH had the fish and chips and he said they were some of the best he's ever eaten. A good portion and he said it wasn't greasy at all. I had the marinated chicken breast and it was awesome!

Whatever you decide, hope you have a great trip and happy eating! :)

I know you are going to get a ton of suggestions and different opinions on each restaurant but I wanted to give a :thumbsup2 for the Rose and Crown. We were there is past October and had a great time and the food was amazingly good. We sat inside by the fireplace and we had a great waitress. There wasn't really anything on the menu that I thought I'd like but we couldn't get into the R&C on our last visit so DH wanted to eat there so I made the ressie. He loves all things English and the food and beer. He had the cheese plate which he said was great and I had the potato leek soup that was good as well. For entree, DH had the fish and chips and he said they were some of the best he's ever eaten. A good portion and he said it wasn't greasy at all. I had the marinated chicken breast and it was awesome!

Whatever you decide, hope you have a great trip and happy eating! :)

Thank you! My boyfriend is very excited about the BEER :rolleyes: and I am looking forward to the cheese plate!! Thanks for chiming in!!

The Triasic Tuna from T-Rex is really good. I want one now!!

The Tuna Oscar was amazing at Kona as well. The kitchen was really slow that night but having the Tuna Oscar more then made up for it. I consider it one of the best entrees I've ever had.

Don't miss a milk-shake from Sci-fi too. I didn't order one, but I tried my mom's and my DH's, both were so good (strawberry & chocolate).

Have a great time!

The Triasic Tuna from T-Rex is really good. I want one now!!

The Tuna Oscar was amazing at Kona as well. The kitchen was really slow that night but having the Tuna Oscar more then made up for it. I consider it one of the best entrees I've ever had.

Don't miss a milk-shake from Sci-fi too. I didn't order one, but I tried my mom's and my DH's, both were so good (strawberry & chocolate).

Have a great time!

OMG I'm so glad you weighed in on the Triasic Tuna!!! It sounds awesome and I'm so glad to know someone tried it and liked it...it's one of the things I'm looking forward to most...

and the Tuna Oscar...fried green tomatos and tuna...it's like they were thinking of me when they made it!!! :laughing:

Milk-shake at Sci-fi...I'm on it...I've never had a "bad" milk-shake!!!

Sunday 11.8.09

Lunch: T-REX
--Triassic Tuna

Dinner: Tokyo Dining
--Dynamite roll
--Rainbow roll
--Tempura roll
--Volcano roll

Dinner: California Grill (this is our anniversary dinner)
--Spicy Kazan Roll
--Tuna Three Ways
--Double Crunch Rainbow Roll
--Yoshi Deluxe Sushi Platter
--The Original dessert​

The Triassic Tuna was way better than we expected!

We've had all the rolls at Tokyo Dining and they were good as well!

We had the EXACT same dinner at CG on my birthday trip this past January. It was all I could do to eat any dessert at all. Be warned....that is A LOT of sushi!

The Triassic Tuna was way better than we expected!

We've had all the rolls at Tokyo Dining and they were good as well!

We had the EXACT same dinner at CG on my birthday trip this past January. It was all I could do to eat any dessert at all. Be warned....that is A LOT of sushi!

that Volcano roll at Tokyo Dining is sooooo good!!

Dang it!!...since there are only going to be two of us at CG...I'm guessing we should narrow it down a bit...what would you give up if you had to?

Not to be gross...but sometimes I wish I could travel with an extra stomach just so I could taste EVERYTHING! :scared:

Wow that's disappointing to hear....we ate at Yak & Yeti right when it first opened and really enjoyed the experience...granted we didn't have the dim sum that time...only the pot stickers which were really good...but our server was pleasant and accomodating...so sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your experience...but I truly appreciate the input and the suggestion.

I haven't heard about Picnic in the Park...we're all about trying new places...so I'll have to check it out! :yay:

We've been to Y&Y numerous times, it's one of our favorites and we've always had great service.

You MUST NOT SKIP the green beans. Even if you just pop into the bar for a snack. The steak and shrimp is one of my favorite ever entrees. (I've not had the ribs, and I doubt I will until I get a bad order of the steak, lol.) Ok, it's a tie with the filet at LeCellier and the coconut curry salmon at Boma. What about Boma or Sanaa?

As for the rest, we found the tempura at Tokyo Dining to be good. And I can't imagine going to B&C and NOT getting a burger. Sorry.

Are you going to do CS at Sunshine Seasons? That sounds like something you'd like.

We've been to Y&Y numerous times, it's one of our favorites and we've always had great service.

You MUST NOT SKIP the green beans. Even if you just pop into the bar for a snack. The steak and shrimp is one of my favorite ever entrees. (I've not had the ribs, and I doubt I will until I get a bad order of the steak, lol.) Ok, it's a tie with the filet at LeCellier and the coconut curry salmon at Boma.

As for the rest, we found the tempura at Tokyo Dining to be good. And I can't imagine going to B&C and NOT getting a burger. Sorry.

Are you going to do CS at Sunshine Seasons? That sounds like something you'd like.

Green beans...check! :laughing:

When we did Y&Y everything was really good...boyfriend had steak and shrimp and INHALED it!....I can't stop thinking about the pot stickers with the lime dipping sauce and those dang cheese wontons...again deep frying cheese is just a mark of brilliance!!!

I've seen pics of the B&C burger...that thing does look really really good...gosh it's so hard to choose!!!!

I've never eaten at Sunshine Seasons...but yes you're right, looks like it's right up my alley...

sigh...so many places...so much good food...so little room in the tummy :sad2:

I hate to be the only nay sayer but I didn't like the tuna oscar at Kona. I loved Kona in the past and this dish really did me in. The whole dinner had either no taste or bitter from the green tomatoes. I really thought I would love it but didn't.

I hate to be the only nay sayer but I didn't like the tuna oscar at Kona. I loved Kona in the past and this dish really did me in. The whole dinner had either no taste or bitter from the green tomatoes. I really thought I would love it but didn't.

oh no say it ain't so!! ;)

I appreciate your review...like I said I want to hear it all...the good and the bad!

At Tutto Italia, we loved Loved LOVED their lasagne, eggplant parm and cannoli. For MK day, the Plaza is a nice spot to share a burger and enjoy a couple of milkshakes. Instead of T-Rex at DTD is Paradiso 37 -- lots of great stuff to share there.

I can give you a :thumbsup2 for the colony salad at the LTT. I have been craving that salad for our trip in August. :goodvibes Our other favorite lunch spots in the MK are the Columbia Harbor House for great sandwiches and Crystal Palace for a yummy buffet. Enjoy your trip!

We shared the Dim sum Basket & it was VERY small. It was only about 4-5 mini bite-sized pieces. (We love Dim Sum, so DH really wanted to try it. We thought they would at least be normal dim sum size, and we were suprised by the itty bitty pieces.) I strongly suggest that you go elsewhere instead (maybe try the new "Picnic in the Park" at $8/person for each to get a sandwich or chicken, large dessert, bottled water, and share a side) b/c the service at Yak & Yeti was also pitiful- truly the worst I've ever had at any restaurant, ever.

Really? I hate to hear that because we had such excellent service when we went both times on our last trip.

Great! All this talk about the green beans at Y&Y makes me add them to the list. It's a darn good thing we've got such a large group this time. We now have pot stickers, lettuce cups and green beans as apps. :scared1: Order a wheelbarrow for me now!

At Tutto Italia, we loved Loved LOVED their lasagne, eggplant parm and cannoli. For MK day, the Plaza is a nice spot to share a burger and enjoy a couple of milkshakes. Instead of T-Rex at DTD is Paradiso 37 -- lots of great stuff to share there.

ooooohhhhh eggplant parm...that's one of my favorites!!!

Great! All this talk about the green beans at Y&Y makes me add them to the list. It's a darn good thing we've got such a large group this time. We now have pot stickers, lettuce cups and green beans as apps. :scared1: Order a wheelbarrow for me now!

Those dang pot stickers RULE!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter