Would cargo shorts provide enough storage?

So, what exactly are the rules with these lockers/rides?

Is it just that you cannot bring loose bags/items on the ride?

Someone earlier in the thread said something about using a fanny pack. Are these allowed on the rides.

I am going with my Family next week. We can fit everything in our pockets with the exception of our video camera, which would easily fit in a fanny pack, or maybe cargo pants.

Yes, you can use a small fanny pack that doesn't obstruct the restraints.

Yes, you can use a small fanny pack that doesn't obstruct the restraints.

How small is "small"? I'd hate to get to the front of the line at FJ after a 90-minute wait and have a team member tell me my pack was too big (or would I be stopped before entering the queue?). Does anyone have a photo and/or description of a pack that they have been allowed to take on the rides?

How small is "small"? I'd hate to get to the front of the line at FJ after a 90-minute wait and have a team member tell me my pack was too big (or would I be stopped before entering the queue?). Does anyone have a photo and/or description of a pack that they have been allowed to take on the rides?

It needs to be something that can be pushed to the side so that when restraints come down, it can be moved out of the way.

The bag i use is pretty much flat to the body. It never gets more than the thickness of a small digital camera.

One thing they have stated is that it should have a 3 prong fastening system. I guess these are the most secure.

TMs do watch at the beginning of the ride and all through the ride to try and spot people who have bags. However, they can miss things. If you are unsure, ask the attendant at the very front of the ride before you enter the queue.

This is a great thread, as I have been thinking about the cargo shorts "plan" as well. My son (17) and husband will be wearing them to have our essentials; small camera, money, room key, sunscreen (husband burns easy). However my problem lies with our video camera, it is small and small enough to fit in a side pocket of a cargo shorts, however I am not sure that is where I would want it to be while riding for many reasons including damange and possible loss. However I know that we are going to want to video tape so not sure how to go about this. Can I store it in a locker as soon as we get in and then go back for it when we are done with the rides? We are staying on site, should I leave it in the room then come back for it later? What is the best way to go about this?

TIA ! :goodvibes

This is a great thread, as I have been thinking about the cargo shorts "plan" as well. My son (17) and husband will be wearing them to have our essentials; small camera, money, room key, sunscreen (husband burns easy). However my problem lies with our video camera, it is small and small enough to fit in a side pocket of a cargo shorts, however I am not sure that is where I would want it to be while riding for many reasons including damange and possible loss. However I know that we are going to want to video tape so not sure how to go about this. Can I store it in a locker as soon as we get in and then go back for it when we are done with the rides? We are staying on site, should I leave it in the room then come back for it later? What is the best way to go about this?

TIA ! :goodvibes

There are lockers at the front of both parks that go for about $10/day, I think. That gets you unlimited access for the day. Certainly you could leave it in your room as well, but that's a bit longer of a trip. The question then is how much is the convenience worth to you? ;)

There are also free lockers near the entrances to all rides that do not allow bags, but of course the point of this thread is to discuss strategies to avoid them. These locker lines can be long and confusing. Additionally, they are free only for a time tied to the projected wait time of the ride.

There are lockers at the front of both parks that go for about $10/day, I think. That gets you unlimited access for the day. Certainly you could leave it in your room as well, but that's a bit longer of a trip. The question then is how much is the convenience worth to you? ;)

Thanks that sounds perfect, I think we will do that and for $10 or so a day isnt' that bad.

Do you know if this are still available in the afternoon? We won' be arriving on the first day till noon and dont' want to bring it along if I won't have a locker to put it in.

Thanks! :)

Thanks that sounds perfect, I think we will do that and for $10 or so a day isnt' that bad.

Do you know if this are still available in the afternoon? We won' be arriving on the first day till noon and dont' want to bring it along if I won't have a locker to put it in.

Thanks! :)

I don't know for sure, but I've never heard of these lockers selling out. You should be fine.

I don't know for sure, but I've never heard of these lockers selling out. You should be fine.

Well I will take my chances then and go for the locker! Thanks so much to both you and Badger, you have really helped me out and I know it will make a big difference in the enjoyment of our Universal Experience and I appreciate it very much!! :thumbsup2

I've always worn cargos, but never take too much. Wallet, phone, water bottle, and key is all I take.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter