Worth going to Boardwalk at Night?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by skater, Sep 11, 2013.

1. skater

skater <font color=blue>Change sometimes stinks.. doesn't

If I were looking for something fun to do between 8 and 11 p.m., would it be worth going to the Boardwalk resort?

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. nkereina

nkereina Last chance to lose your keys.

I'm interested in the responses you get too. I'm thinking there is more to do at DTD. We have done the boardwalk but it was in the afternoon so it was dead. I've read that its more lively at night, but the main place - Jellyrolls - doesn't get off the ground until after 9pm. Aside from the bars, not sure what else goes on...

4. nalajms

nalajms DIS Veteran

Yes, worth it. There are performers on the boardwalk near the Flying Fish to the Screen door. There are also carnival type game booths (basketball shoot, etc). And there are food stands spread through out.

Plus you can watch the Epcot fireworks there. There's also the bike rentals there. Lots of people eat outside the pizza, bakery, ice cream stores if the weather's nice.

I've never been to Jellyrolls, but DH did when he was younger. There's also a dueling piano bar across from Jellyrolls.

5. jimmysmom74

jimmysmom74 DIS Veteran

Worth it, great restaurants, fun bars, great for sports fan, and street performances. I think better than DTD.

6. mm1971

mm1971 DIS Veteran

Depends on what you are looking for. There are several restaurants and places to grad something to eat or a cocktail. You can walk along the lake and there is a small park area. The only "entertainment" is the few Midway games there and just enjoying the weather and atmosphere. We usually go for dinner there one night and then take a short walk. Not much else (of course there is an ice cream parlor that we tend to visit).

My suggestion to you with a 3 hour chunk of time is to head to DTD and enjoy the shops and activities there.

7. Siriusblack

Siriusblack Mouseketeer

I adore the Boardwalk, we have stayed there many times, but I don't think I would make a special trip there unless I had dinner reservations nearby. DTD offers much more activity.

8. ArwenMarie

ArwenMarie DIS Veteran

I agree. Not worth a separate trip. If you are staying around there or have a dinner reservation, it is pretty to see at night.

9. OKW Lover

OKW Lover Retired and living 2 miles from The Castle. DIS Lifetime Sponsor

Depends on what you want to do.

If your evening includes dining then Boardwalk is a good choice because of all the different restaurants there or at the nearby hotels like the Swan/Dolphin and YC/BC.

If you're just looking for an evening's entertainment, then you'll be sorely disappointed. IMHO, after about 30 minutes you'll have seen all there is and will then be wondering where to go next.

10. mickeynut1

mickeynut1 DIS Veteran

As pp's have said, the boardwalk is nice to visit as it's very pretty at night and there are performers that are fun to watch and it's nice to visit and explore the resort, as well as visit the BC and YC. I think DTD is better as far as more things to see and do (just my opinion), but the boardwalk is nice if you just want to stroll around and check things out.

11. Deb & Bill

Deb & Bill DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

The problem with going to the BW in the evening could be transportation. There is no direct transportation from the resort to the BW. So you have to drive or take a cab or a bus to and from DTD to get to the BW and your resort.

12. spiceycat

spiceycat <font color=blue>Own at BWV, VWL and BLT<br><font

definitely.

where are you staying?

if closer to DD would go with it

13. jimandami

jimandami DIS Veteran

Jellyrolls is the dueling piano bar.

OP: there is definitely more to do at DTD. We love the BW area, but DTD has more to offer.

14. pepe of ohio

pepe of ohio DIS Veteran

Been there, done that, stayed across the pond at Y&B.... really not much as others have stated... Jellyrolls cover charge us enough to turn us away plus the price of drinks...

Given the choice and curiosity, I'd visit on an EPCOT evening, countries get a little boring, just mostly shops and exit out the gateway, stroll around the lake doing the resorts and head back into EPCOT to finish...

Personally, we find DTD more appeasing, interesting and more fun to be had...