Worst wedding presents ever....

Discussion in 'Community Board' started by Jaya, Jun 8, 2013.

1. PizzieDuster

PizzieDuster DIS Veteran

:banana::banana::banana:
    :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: no words, just :rotfl: paper plates, used spices, a bobble head, a MIL ~worst gift ever! I'm loving this thread :)

I was going to just post a quesadilla maker. LOL

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Nennie

Nennie Insert funny comment here!

I still wonder if this gift was a joke!

My former coworker and his wife gave me a very generous cash gift. In a addition to the cash, they also gave me this strange vase. It was a plain glass vase that had paper doilies glued to it with some kind of lacquer over it, with a twine bow. It looked like a 2nd grader made it in art class or at camp.

He was a funny guy though, so I thought maybe the vase was a joke. I sent a thank you for the cash and beautiful vase, and waited for him to fess up that the vase was a joke. He never mentioned it. I don't work with him anymore, so I guess I'll never know!

4. BKMETV

BKMETV DIS Veteran

My BF received a large bright blue/yellow ceramic fish...it had a lid which consisted of an island with Palm Tree as a handle. Ugliest thing you ever saw...but the biggest problem was 'what is it???' She was attempting to write a thank you to her aunt and we were stumped. I think we came up with some vague 'thanks for the fish'!?!?

Found out several years later that it was a soup tureen and had been bought at a fancy arty store...although I can't imagine ever putting something that ugly on the table! :eek:

5. SLP958

SLP958 DIS Veteran

A set of pillow cases with the words His and Hers written in what looked like a blue sharpie.

Also got some used kitchen towels.

Both were from elderly women. We did genuinely appreciate the thought.

6. AllieKG

AllieKG Earning My Ears

My husband and I had two mutual friends who were married three months before our wedding. We gave them $100 as a wedding gift. Their wedding gift to us was $45. We found that kind of odd. LOL.

7. Jenn

Jenn DIS Veteran

A wooden cutting board in the shape of a whale. The handle was the whale's tail. No idea why or who gave us that.

8. leebee

leebee DIS Veteran

Did the co-worker have a child in 1st-3rd grade? Maybe the kid wanted to send you a present, too. Kinda sweet, if you look at it that way.

My oddest wedding present was actually something quite expensive: A sterling silver vegetable dish, just like the traditional shower/wedding gifts of the 1950s. Question was, who'd ever use such a thing? Our idea of entertaining is pot luck, BBQs, etc.; we live a casual lifestyle. It stayed in its gift box for years. When packing to move, a friend "admired" it with just the appropriate amount of confusion/horror/sarcasm, so guess what he got when HE got married? Yup, re-gifted. I guess he's since re-gifted it and it's making its way across the country (usually with the story of its history- and a nice check- included). Of course, with the price of silver right now, I kinda wish I still had it :laughing:

9. Kitty 34

Kitty 34 Hums in her sleep

A tiny little drawing of the head of a ram drawn by the giver ( a professor friend of my Dad's) . Not sure why the ram?:confused3

10. Owlpost23

Owlpost23 Mouseketeer

You win.:eek:

11. dbogen

dbogen Your wish is my command!

My cousin (a Dr) and his wife gave us a set of green twin sheets. Not sure why, since our bedroom color was blue and our bed was queen. :confused3 We just thanked them for the sheets.

12. tcufrog

tcufrog DIS Veteran

Nothing from a wealthy friend of ours.

13. lizabu

lizabu Disney Maniac

Haha...you win.

We just got money. I don't remember much else.

14. Acklander

Acklander DIS Veteran

I married the first time in he 70's. We were young, and lived a casual, hippyish type life style. . DH's sweet grandmother gave us a Lovely silver platter. I'm sure it would have been a great gift for someone else, but it really wasn't us. We used it to clean our pot on.

15. chiefmickeymouse

chiefmickeymouse Sarcastic, silly and socially awkward

I got three deviled-egg plates. I guess we should have registered! I don't even like deviled eggs!:)

16. okeydokey

okeydokey <font color=green>Frosty the Snowman scared me as

The two bounced checks that my husbands two cousins wrote. It cost us money in fees.

17. anniemae

anniemae Either she is eating a delicious

DH elderly uncle have us $6.00. We cracked up laughing when we opened the card and a $5 bill and a $1 bill fell out. He was a nice man, but I don't think he got out much and probably hadn't been to a wedding in years!

18. ptlohmysoul

ptlohmysoul Mouseketeer

I had several gifts like that - no name/card attached. And how can you ask someone - uh, did you get me this gift? when, maybe they didn't get you anything at all? or maybe, it even was part of another gift?

19. ptlohmysoul

ptlohmysoul Mouseketeer

That was a hint to have kids ;).

20. ptlohmysoul

ptlohmysoul Mouseketeer

Did you not get a honeymoon? That was your "Welcome to the Family" gift, not your wedding gift. Major difference. But, yes, I agree you win.

21. Disney  Doll

Disney Doll DIS Security Matron

That's when you write "It's such an interesting piece and the colors are so vibrant, I just love it!!!!".