Worst WDW Food Experience

I have a dining reservation for Le Cellier in a few weeks and am really looking forward to it. I have read various reviews and there are many people that did not enjoy it due to crowded tables, poor service, and food quality. But I have also read a lot of reviews where people thought it was fantastic and worth the price. It's difficult to know what to expect with so many different reviews. I am therefore going in with medium expectations, and hope I come out of there pleased with both the food and service.

That's always the tough things about other peoples' restaurant opinions. What might be a superb feast for one person could be mediocre, overpriced slop for another. I think it comes down to what one has available at home. We live between DC and Baltimore and have a ton of fantastic restaurants close by. So we don't get real excited about WDW dining. But if you liver where I grew up in rural PA, then WDW places will seem like 3 Star Michelin dining.

Over the years we have had many good meals at WDW but there were also several bad ones.

-BOG: Lunch was completely inedible. Food was barely warm and all dried out. I suspect things were pre made and just sitting around waiting for someone to order them. I told the server I wasn't paying for food I couldn't eat.
- Bakery in France: My husband got food poisoning from a chicken pesto sandwich here
- Chef de France: I am recently on a low sodium diet. Chef came out to speak with me about what they could make with reduced sodium. We decided on poached salmon with a side of broccoli. This would have been great if the salmon was actually cooked in the center and not still raw. Last thing I need is worms if it wasn't sushi grade salmon.
-Columbia Harbor House: Inedible tuna sandwich. Stale bread, tuna that was lukewarm and only slightly cool in the center of the sandwich. Old, hard french fries. SO gross! Sent that back as well.

A few years back the husband and I decided we aren't going to settle for crap food at restaurants anymore. It is too expensive to go out to eat and accept badly prepared food. I send it back and tell the manager.

A few years back the husband and I decided we aren't going to settle for crap food at restaurants anymore. It is too expensive to go out to eat and accept badly prepared food. I send it back and tell the manager.

That's what we do too. There's no excuse for bad food. I never understood the people that suffer in silence. One thing I have learned is to look at a menu and then decide if the restaurant is actually capable of competently preparing the dish. If the menu has more than a 2-3 pages then be careful.

Hollywood and Vine. When DD was little I thought it was okay, but going back with her as a teen and it was just too gross. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy some of the character buffets (Tusker House and CP for breakfast), and we love Boma. But something about H&V makes me feel like there are little kid boogers everywhere.

Sci-Fi. I LOVE a good theme and was adored the place when we walked in. But I don't like the car tables at all. It was very awkward with a party of 3, the little ledge where your plate goes is barely wide enough for your plate. It is SO dark that I had to shine the flashlight on my phone onto my plate to see it. And the burger was burnt. Not overcooked, but the burnt taste. Haven't been back and doubt I ever will.

The Asian selections at Sunshine Seasons are just straight gross. :crazy2:

Exactly. If I want a bad meal, I'll eat at home for 1/10th the price. You might think this is an insult to my wife, but I do the cooking. Seriously, if you are nice about it, most restaurants - if they actually care - want to know if something is not right.

Tortuga Tavern at Magic Kingdom. We had planned on Pecos Bill but it was closed so they were sending everyone around the corner to Tortuga. The food wasn't horrible, but it wasn't great either. The main problem was the staff at the counter. That's the one and only time a Disney cast member has been outright rude to us. I don't think they were prepared for the Pecos Bill crowd to be sent their way.

Biergarten, and hamburger at Electric Umbrella - both years ago and never repeated. Other than those two, we have had mostly positive experiences, with food and service - actually we have no problems with the ABC Commissary as many do.

Kona Cafe. DD and I have been to Kona several times so we were excited to have DH with us on our last trip, so he could try it out. DH had the chicken and DD and I had scallops. The food was SO overcooked. The scallops were very firm, but the sauce was good (and DD likes her scallops more cooked than I do) so we didn't say anything. However, the chicken was inedible. DH put a bite into his mouth and it immediately turned to cotton when he started to chew it. He ordered the scallops as a replacement and they were impossible to eat, they were so overcooked and hard. The waitress confided that there was a "new chef" who was having adjustment problems. She recommended some replacement dishes, brought us a round of drinks, and comped us the entire meal. I SO hope that it was just an off night, but at the cost of Disney food, I am not sure we want to risk returning.

When was this? DBF and I used to love Kona and there was a "new chef" who was quite arrogant when it came to allergy issues back in 2014 and the food was gross and made us ill.

The both times I have been to the Coral Reef the food has just been bad. I did like the Living Seas tank as a wall in the dining room, but the food was just bland to gross.

BOG - there is nothing that special about this place to justify the jam packed reservations. We went for lunch and it was just a turkey sandwich. I could have made the same at home (probably better). Super crowded and LOUD. CM sent us directly behind another couple in one line and while they took a half hour to decide what they wanted other lines just kept moving. We finally moved ourselves. The whole check in just seemed very disorganized. I love reading this thread though, we don't make a ton of ADR and never do the DDP and I no longer have to feel like we are "missing out" on the dining.

We got the free dining plan and figured that we would take this opportunity to do a bunch of character dinings for our kids, but now I'm getting a little nervous after reading all these reviews! ahh!!
Breakfast at Akershus, Dinner at Hollywood & Vine, Dinner at 1900 Park Fare, Dinner at Chef Mickey's, Breakfast at Hollywood & Vine. Also booked at Coral Reef.

Hollywood&Vine breakfast. Only did it because of the Disney Junior characters. Loud (that was to be expected given its full of preschoolers) dirty and the food was on par with Golden Corral. Plus such a ripoff. Over $115 for four of us to have breakfast!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter