Worst Room View Pics Thread

I can only speak for us personally, but at the time we paid for the water view - or what we thought was a water view! - it was because our twins were still very young and we knew they'd take a solid 2 to 2 1/2 hour nap each afternoon and we knew they'd pass out early each night!

We wanted a nice balcony with a view to relax while they were napping/falling asleep.

With the view we had, we just pretended we were in the Amazon jungle instead! :laughing:

Who has time to enjoy a view at WDW resorts? :confused3 We are so busy, our room is a place to nap, shower, change, and lay our heads down at night after a busy day at the parks!! ;) As long as my room is clean, the water runs hot and cold, and the toilet works, I have never concerned myself with the view. I guess I have never even thought about the view. This is why we don't spend the money on deluxe resorts, it would just seem so pointless to spend the extra money....:grouphug:

Different strokes for different folks. Wonderful that WDW has rooms to suit each desire.

Love this thread....am fortunate, cause I have no pics to share, and I hope I never do!
For us, view is important, adds to the whole resort stay experience...however, I wouldnt pay hundreds more for a water view, always book "garden" (or something equivalent depending on resort) and hope for an upgrade.

When we first started going, we also didn't care about views since we were in the parks almost all of the time. Now we take breaks in the afternoon more and really try to enjoy the resort for a non park rest day in the middle of our trip. Also I love to sit on the balcony with my morning coffee and take in the view while the boys and DH are getting ready. So a great view is very important to me now. I definitely would have asked to be moved if I had gotten one of those really bad views, like of roofs or service areas. I know someone has to have them, but they should not expect people to pay top dollar for them. Views that bad should be offered at a great discount due to the total lack of view. They should be given a new view catagory-NO VIEW!:scared1:

Who has time to enjoy a view at WDW resorts? :confused3 We are so busy, our room is a place to nap, shower, change, and lay our heads down at night after a busy day at the parks!! ;) As long as my room is clean, the water runs hot and cold, and the toilet works, I have never concerned myself with the view. I guess I have never even thought about the view. This is why we don't spend the money on deluxe resorts, it would just seem so pointless to spend the extra money....:grouphug:
We have paid more for deluxe rooms so we could have a place to relax while our young kids were napping or going to bed before us. Having a nice view with a glass of wine and a minute or two of adult conversation is worth the $$!

This last trip we stayed at Pop century and actually had a nice view but no way to enjoy it. That room was so cheap (value season with a discount) that it was totally worth it, but we miss have a balcony.

AKL has some bad views, but that swan room is awful!

I did get a "shrubbery" view at AKL but had only paid for standard. Much better than the roof or service area views.

Normally we really don't care. We are usually just so happy to be there, we note it and move on. :goodvibes

That being said, I have decided that I will not be going back unless my parents (in their 60's and never been :scared1: ) go with us. (They want to go, but they own their own business, so it is a matter of scheduling.) I think the view is going to play a huge part for us because I want the trip to be perfect for them. They could not have been better parents to me and my brother if we had hand picked them personally. :hug:

Those views are terrible! We've had a couple of bad views, but both times requested a room change.

For us, the resort is part of our vacation so we enjoy the view - standard garden view is fine, but a bunch of bushes blocking any light does not make a garden view for me.

We did have a "water view" once at POR, but the only water was the river behind the trees, - which could not be seen unless it was windy and the tree moved - then we could catch a silver of water - if we looked really hard.

That stay we did call and speak with a manager who told us the views had changed as the foliage matured and changed our rate to standared view. Very nice.

That view of the trucks has got to be the worst view ever!!

I'm the OP with the awful Dolphin view of trucks, the dumpsters & construction! I'll have to admit I got 3 nights free of that stay with Starwood points, and it was booked as a standard view room, so you get what you pay (or don't pay) for. Since I only paid for 1 night I wasn't going to complain. I was so happy to have 3 nights free I would have slept in the broom closet! Now had I been paying $250 a night I most likely would have requested a room change - not so much for the view, but the construction trucks & noise at 6am every day did not sit well with me. We're not early risers, we sleep until we get up & then start the day. For us on this trip (it was just myself & DS7) the view was a non-issue, we were only there 5 days & weren't in the room much at all. Past trips we've paid for better views if we were there a longer period of time, or knew we wanted to relax on the balcony. Like someone else said, different strokes for different folks! On a side note, the service at The Dolphin this trip was the best we've ever gotten from Swan/Dolphin or any Disney Resort!

I'm the OP with the awful Dolphin view of trucks, the dumpsters & construction! I'll have to admit I got 3 nights free of that stay with Starwood points, and it was booked as a standard view room, so you get what you pay (or don't pay) for. Since I only paid for 1 night I wasn't going to complain. I was so happy to have 3 nights free I would have slept in the broom closet! Now had I been paying $250 a night I most likely would have requested a room change - not so much for the view, but the construction trucks & noise at 6am every day did not sit well with me. We're not early risers, we sleep until we get up & then start the day. For us on this trip (it was just myself & DS7) the view was a non-issue, we were only there 5 days & weren't in the room much at all. Past trips we've paid for better views if we were there a longer period of time, or knew we wanted to relax on the balcony. Like someone else said, different strokes for different folks! On a side note, the service at The Dolphin this trip was the best we've ever gotten from Swan/Dolphin or any Disney Resort!
Oh, Tara that has me so scared. I am going in May and will most likely have enough points for at least 3 or 4 free nights. I will freak if I get stuck with a view like that. Did you complain at all or just deal with it. Do you think they would have moved you if you had asked? I am hoping that my SPG Gold status will help us get a free upgrade to a better view and hopefully a balcony too. Do you have any other pics that show other parts of the view- like over towards Epcot could you see anything better?

I don't have any other view pics, sorry. If you looked sharp to the left or right it was just another part of the building that we saw, nothing beyond that. There was no balcony, just a huge window. Absolutely no view of Epcot. The room, however, was spacious & very nice, it must have been a newly remodeled one. The staff was wonderful. We only ate breakfast at Picabu, but it was great every time, and the staff in Picabu was also exceptional. I didn't ask for a room change for a few reasons - first I just didn't care, like I said it was a short trip & I was happy to be staying there 4 nights for the price of one; second I assumed the hotel was booked to capacity, I had called 2 days prior to arriving to see if I could check in a day early & there was no availability; and third I just didn't want to waste any time changing rooms - we dropped our things & headed straight to MK. I'm sure if I had put up a fuss they would have tried to move me if they could have. I'm sure your room will be fine when you go!

Oh, Tara that has me so scared. I am going in May and will most likely have enough points for at least 3 or 4 free nights. I will freak if I get stuck with a view like that. Did you complain at all or just deal with it. Do you think they would have moved you if you had asked? I am hoping that my SPG Gold status will help us get a free upgrade to a better view and hopefully a balcony too. Do you have any other pics that show other parts of the view- like over towards Epcot could you see anything better?
Hey CK! If you do get a crappy room, make sure you post the pics! But I'm hoping you don't.

We only spend about 5 hours a day in the parks, so the view is important to us.

I paid extra for waterview at CBR last year and our waterview ended up being a view of a quiet pool that was 95% blocked by shrubs (we were on the first floor). I called and asked to be moved to a true waterview room and they promptly moved us to a corner room with a view of the beach out the front and side windows!! =)

Staying at WL for the first time in Feb....hope I get a decent standard view!;)

I didn't get a picture, but we had a really bad view from our first allocated 'savanah view' room at AKL in 2003 - it was right at the end of the savanah over looking the pool hot tub! You could just about see a bit of the savanah if you leaned out over the balcony to your left.

When were moved to a better view when we complained :)

(although I'm sure we would have seen some interesting animal behaviour in the hot tub ;) ).

Staying at WL for the first time in Feb....hope I get a decent standard view!;)
FYI ~ We paid for a woods view room back in 2005 and when I looked out our balcony it was of the roof and the parking lot. When I called the front desk, they said if you can see trees, then it's a woods view. I told them that I am not paying extra for this view and I demanded a woods view or an adjustment in price. They upgraded me to Villas pool view for free.

Some standard rooms at the WL overlook the service area. From what I hear, the higher up your room, the less you notice it.

FYI ~ We paid for a woods view room back in 2005 and when I looked out our balcony it was of the roof and the parking lot. When I called the front desk, they said if you can see trees, then it's a woods view. I told them that I am not paying extra for this view and I demanded a woods view or an adjustment in price. They upgraded me to Villas pool view for free.

Some standard rooms at the WL overlook the service area. From what I hear, the higher up your room, the less you notice it.

With WL charging more for a woods view, that makes me worry about what the standard views look like. Are they really that bad? Are there that many roof and parking lot views at WL?

With WL charging more for a woods view, that makes me worry about what the standard views look like. Are they really that bad? Are there that many roof and parking lot views at WL?

I wouldn't say the view was "bad" just not what I expected for paying extra. Just so you know, the room was above the check-in desk and I still think that should be a standard room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter