Worst Room View Pics Thread

Momof2Disneyboys, that's awful. Our next trip is booked at the YC, with a standard view. I'm hoping for the roof at this point.

It was awful. We just got back last night. We've never seen anything like it before!! :sad2: I can't believe they sell rooms like that.

Good luck at the YC. Last time we stayed there we were booked standard and got upgraded to water view! :thumbsup2

It was awful. We just got back last night. We've never seen anything like it before!! :sad2: I can't believe they sell rooms like that.

Good luck at the YC. Last time we stayed there we were booked standard and got upgraded to water view! :thumbsup2

That is really a bad view!
We were on the same level, room 6118. Also the last but one room - but on the south-side of the hotel. We also booked standard view and I requested to be on the north side. I knew about the view of the delivery entrance, but I did not want to have a view of the roof peaks (like no view). But when I see your pictures I am so glad they upgraded us to a woods view instead of looking against roof peaks or on the things you had to imagine being a "view".

Did not realize before that the standard view may be so bad on the north side. Is this the otter pond down right everyone is raving about? It looks like a bacterial polluted sewage.

I hope you had a nice stay at WDW anyway. I would never book standard view at WL again.

That is really a bad view!
We were on the same level, room 6118. Also the last but one room - but on the south-side of the hotel. We also booked standard view and I requested to be on the north side. I knew about the view of the delivery entrance, but I did not want to have a view of the roof peaks (like no view). But when I see your pictures I am so glad they upgraded us to a woods view instead of looking against roof peaks or on the things you had to imagine being a "view".

Did not realize before that the standard view may be so bad on the north side. Is this the otter pond down right everyone is raving about? It looks like a bacterial polluted sewage.

I hope you had a nice stay at WDW anyway. I would never book standard view at WL again.

It was pretty bad. The ugliest thing I've ever seen at WDW, that's for sure. :sad2:

I don't know what that water/mud mess was down there. If it wan't raining it was just bubbling mud. :confused3 It would fill up with water if it rained.

We did have a nice trip, thanks! :) Not a very restful trip though, with being woke up every morning at 5:30am from the beeping of trucks backing up. :faint:

It was pretty bad. The ugliest thing I've ever seen at WDW, that's for sure. :sad2:

I don't know what that water/mud mess was down there. If it wan't raining it was just bubbling mud. :confused3 It would fill up with water if it rained.

We did have a nice trip, thanks! :) Not a very restful trip though, with being woke up every morning at 5:30am from the beeping of trucks backing up. :faint:

I hadn't really looked at that pool before, focusing more on the dumpster. I now imagine hands reaching out of it to grab unsuspecting passersby.

And when I booked our bounceback, I had the option of getting a deluxe room, but it was a pretty good bit more than the standard view. I'm now wondering if I should just go for it - knowing that the extra room would always be appreciated. We're a party of five, so the only rooms that would accommodate us (other than a suite) would be standard or deluxe (I think deluxe only works at the Beach Club).

Standard views scare me, so I always pay an upcharge for a view....but that is why I rarely get to stay deluxe...because deluxe +a view is out of my comfort price point :( Needless to say, we book a lot of mods with water views. LOL

Beware of 5238 at the Yacht Club (Club level)

20140204_074024.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

20140204_074024.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Good lord, that's awful. None of the club level rooms are described as overlooking service areas (the standard CL rooms say rooftops or parking lots).

not so great at quoting but the yc cl i'm assuming std view (haha). where is that located? is it near the lounge?

I've been scrutinizing the YC map to figure out how to request a room without that view. Other than to request anything BUT 5238 and its brethren. I'm thinking that's the service area near the convention center. So maybe close to the quiet pool will work.

I've been scrutinizing the YC map to figure out how to request a room without that view. Other than to request anything BUT 5238 and its brethren. I'm thinking that's the service area near the convention center. So maybe close to the quiet pool will work.

I've been doing the same and we requested close to the lounge. I think that may help.

This thread motivated me to book garden views at POR and YC later this year! I'll be staying at CSR in 2 weeks in a standard view, I'm hoping I won't have photos to post on this thread! Some of these photos are unreal, I can't believe they're at WDW!

Oooohhh....we had that lovely :crazy2: view at the YC once. It was our first time staying club level and we were so excited to check in. Our only request was "celebrating 15th wedding anniversary, pleasant view please." And that was what we got. To make a long story short...

I cried, my DH threw himself at the mercy of the CL check-in staff, and they changed our room. I seriously couldn't believe that any CL room would have a view like that.

Here is an old map showing the layout at the YC. These lovely rooms are way down at the end of the hall, pretty far away from the lounge:

Not sure I would ever book YC standard view again after being put in that room.

CT Disney, thank you so much for the map. I wasn't sure where exactly the lounge was located. I can't believe you got that room when your only request was a pleasant view. I would think they know which rooms have the dodgier views.

jcjen519, I'll likely request the same thing - close to the lounge. Let us know how it works out for you!

If i remember, I'll post the first view we had from the YC. It was room 5232. Not much better than 5238. They were able to move us the next morning, which is good. Because the noise from service vehicles backing up at 5 a.m. would have made me completely psychotic by the end of the week.

ETA photo. Looking at 5238 again, it's not as bad. But still bad for a CL room, I think.

Our first ever trip to Disney World DH and I stayed at wilderness lodge standard room. Our direct view was the service area with construction equip. and early starts to the day. I was rather disappointed but knew I paid standard so got what I paid for. That night while relaxing on the balcony all of a sudden the MK fireworks lit up the sky all said, so worth the lousy daytime view.

I am thoroughly enjoying this thread...that's awful, right?? Most of our stays are in values or moderates, and i agree with the statement that the view costs are not worth it there. How much time do you look at the view? Pretty much only when you walk out your door to leave your room.

But each time we've stayed at Deluxe, the view has been pretty good. Best one we ever had was BC water view. Lovely. :flower3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter