Worst Places to Eat

For us:

1) Chef Mickey's
2) Akershus (for lunch or dinner - Breakfast was fine)
3) Captains Grille
4) Hollywood & Vine

Wasn't happy with the Coral Reef at EPCOT, but loved Rose and Crown. Biergarten was OK but enjoyed the entertainment so that was good for me. I did enjoy Cape May's buffett. I have to agree with a previous post, I think its all based on what your family likes. I am months away from making ADRs (not going until Oct 2016), but already looking at menus. This thread caught my eye. My DH is a very picky eater. I know not to book at China or Japan (unless they have General Tsao's forget it). I am looking at the Moroccan restaurant and EPCOT and I would like to try Chef Mickey's.

Interesting, I was taking to a few friends of mine that constantly go to Disney and stay either onsite or off. Both were commenting on how good the food was onsite compared to restaurants on the strip (International Drive). They said those restaurants just don't care. Bon Appetit

Tony's is the only place I refuse to go back to. The last time was in 1998. It may have changed, but I'm just not willing to give it another try. Yuck to the food and service.

It's funny though, some of the restaurants being names are some of my families favorites. LOVE Marrakesh and Coral Reef!

I would avoid Minnie's Holiday and Dine but only if you were planning to go the week of Christmas. I heard from someone that the food that week isn't good and you should avoid making a reservation for it but if you do make one, make it for 4 people and transfer to a dog because they like eating anything.

Yep thats my suggestion.

After many tries, at both breakfast and dinner, Chef Mickey's is a never ever ever ever again for us. It's gone downhill. We find it loud, dirty and the food quality isn't so great. We do however LOVE Tusker House (especially at breakfast) so we meet Mickey there now!

Hollywood and Vine was a once and done. We found it to be worse than CM. The kids mac and cheese was cold, like still frozen. And my daughter got sick after eating here. Not sure if it was related to the restaurant, but was enough to make sure we don't ever go back.

Rose and Crown was disappointing, but we would totally give it a try again. We don't really write off a place after one time (Except H&V) as they can all have their bad days.

Pizza Planet at DHS is probably my least favorite

Every other place I love!

We had a horrible experience at ABC Commissary in DHS, over 45 minutes from order time to get our cold food. The pace was messy, service was horrible and so was the food.

I get that folks are looking for guidance on where to eat. The food is expensive and your time in WDW is limited so everyone wants to make the best decision possible. However, when it comes to food its such a personal opinion that I would never base my decision on what a complete stranger told me. My advice, look at the menus and decide what sounds good to you and go for it. You'll most likely love some, be meh about others and dislike still others.

Tusker House is a FAV for breakfast, but a big NOPE for Dinner ... Depressing and messy. Chef Mickey's is a close second on my never again list, for the same reasons. I am not a huge fan of 50's Prime Time Cafe. The food is decent, but the schtick with the servers makes me edgy and the general atmosphere is too chaotic. Last time we ate at 'Ohana, I felt like I was on the conveyor belt in a factory ... have loved them in the past, so will try again. Wanted to love Teppan Edo in the Japan Pavillion. Service was excellent, but the food was bland, even to my 6 year old! On the other hand, we've had luck at a few that often get panned here. We love San Angel Inn and have had a decent meal at Tony's two years ago.

I had a stomach bug when my family ate their last year, so I didn't try it, but the others were NOT fans of Starring Roles.

as we all know ..this can be a touchy subject for some...I am pleased with everyone being very thoughtful of other peoples likes and dislikes.

Based on my own experiences and personal tastes these (not in any order) are my never again... And as we all can see, someone's hates are someone else's loves. :goodvibes

1.) LeCellier- Loud, dark, cramped, rushed service, average quality meat, heavy sodium and mushroom risotto that tasted like Minute Rice with Campbells mushroom soup on it. LC for me is just an overall average at best experience. Can you tell this is not a favorite of mine. :sick: I should say this place is not terrible, it's just that I expect so much more than this from a signature restaurant.

2.) ABC Commissary- Went there the first time several years ago and it was so bad I threw it away and the waste can spit it back out at me. :rotfl2: The second time, just as miserable. I've heard some say it is better but I'm not about to get burned a third time.

3. Pizzafari & Pizza Planet & and any other CS Pizza place in WDW - They are all your typical Digiorno or tombstone frozen pizza. Pick your poison, they are all the same. One and done for me.

4. Chef Mickey- Not even average buffet quality food, loud, messy, buffet table poorly replenished and terrible service. Characters were fine but they couldn't save this place. I hear you can't mess up breakfast... Well they sure did for us. :eek:

5. Cape May (dinner)- Below average buffet quality food, loud, anorexic and stringy crab legs, average service. The local Chinese buffet restaurant near me has the same quality crab legs. The rest of the buffet is Golden Coral quality.

6. 1900 PF (dinner) Below average buffet quality food, average service, poorly replenished, underwhelming selection. I fail to get all the rave for the strawberry soup. However Prince Charming, Cinderella, Lady Tremaine, Anastasia and Drizella were absolutely the most entertaining and hilarious characters I have encountered anywhere. They almost make up for the horrible food.

***NOTE***

I am pretty tough on my reviews of buffet restaurants. I really don't care much for them at all. They are usually mass produced food made for large quantities of people. It's more about quantity rather than quality. A couple of exceptions too this rule in my opinion are Boma (all meals), Biergarten (lunch/dinner) and the Wave (breakfast)... Those that fall into average buffets: Crystal Palace (breakfast) and Tusker House (breakfast).

If I am totally honest....I feel there has been a definite decline in quality and service at ALL restaurants on property over the past 10 years or so. At least for us, gone are the days when we debate over which one or two signature restaurants we should dine during our trip because, at least in our opinion, there really hasn't been much of anything that sets them apart from any table service restaurant for several years now. IMO...can't help but feel the "generic menus" that came along with "free dining" several times a year had a lot to do with the general decline in restaurant quality. I do understand people FEEL they are getting a fantastic deal with free dining but......I also believe at some point the powers that be at Disney may realize the damage that has been done by continuing to make menus throughout property so generic. We do still dine out during our trips ....which usually average two trips a year......but, rarely make an ADR....if one restaurant has no availability...we go somewhere else.... and usually decide where we're eating based on where we're at on any given day.......and that could be on property or off property. We also tend to eat in more frequently (DVC members and always get a full kitchen) than we have in the past while at WDW, since we live in an area where we have many excellent restaurants, many of which are family owned/operated and have been in business for many years and we know we will have an excellent meal there.....with quality ingredients and great service......so we can save our fine dining out during the times we're home.

We are in the minority here because it gets rave reviews (that's why we booked it) but the worst meal we ever had was at Raglan Road, bland food, undercooked potatoes, runny disgusting lemon tart --bleh!! It's true food is so subjective.

We didn't like Boatwrights. That is the one restaurant on property I will absolutely not be returning to. However, other people love it.

I like BOG and T-Rex. To each their own.

Coral Reef is iffy. I'll go back eventually, but it isn't a must-do by any means. Food was mediocre and our server seemed very antsy.

We didn't like Boatwrights. That is the one restaurant on property I will absolutely not be returning to. However, other people love it.

I like BOG and T-Rex. To each their own.

Coral Reef is iffy. I'll go back eventually, but it isn't a must-do by any means. Food was mediocre and our server seemed very antsy.

I just don't get Coral Reef. For my family, this is one hit or miss place. Yesterday the place was amazing, great food, stellar service, and lovely atmosphere. TOday...a cluster. We don't take chances there anymore. I get a bad day, but our experiences are so up and down that we choose other restaurnats wn dining in Epcot.

Okay, booking my meals but always want to try something new in WDW. But want to avoid the places that are terrible. What are some of your experiences with the worst places? Table or Counter Service. I heard Tony's is not that great, nor the food in China in Epcot.

Okay so I do agree food is subjective, and everyone will love/hate somewhere but I will tell you that I like the food at the Tangierine Cafe in Epcot for CS. I also agree most buffets are average, but worth the experience if you like character dining. I also like Coral Reef in Epcot but that could just be the awesome atmosphere lol. MK I've never eaten anywhere where I've been blown away but I do enjoy those sweet cream pretzels at the Launching Pad. The burgers at Pecos Bill aren't too bad. I do love Kona for breakfast and have always wanted to try Ohana since people usually rave. I'm in the minority with Le Cellier. Didn't think it was all that. Chefs De France left me a little disappointed as well. The Mac N Cheese repeated on me all day. :(

Living in North Florida, I visit Disney often. I've eat at a ton of places there and while there is always the chance for a really terrible meal, I can't think of one that I've had that was bad enough to turn me off from the restaraunt completely. That said, I go and eat with the understanding that I am getting Theme Park food. I don't expect it to be the best I've ever had or to change my life. It's Theme Park food.

I am looking at the Moroccan restaurant and EPCOT

If you are thinking about Restaurant Marrakesh in Epcot, then I think its worthwhile & I have had a number of good dining experiences there. From what I can tell from both reviews & other diners eating nearby, I would avoid the kebabs as sadly those are what most first-timers often go for because other entrees sound too exotic. I get the sense that they are small portions, overcooked, tough & kept under warming lamps until served. If you can find an entree on the menu (other than kebab) that interests you, it should work out fine. I have really enjoyed the Roast Lamb Meshoui (lamb shank) and also the Couscous M'Rouzia Fassi (braised beef) and found both entrees to be consistently good and tender. The desserts I could take or leave. If you go, be sure to get the mint tea service. I also just go for lunch if paying OOP as I find they offer many of the same dinner entrees but at a noticeably lower price.

Eating at lunch (rather than dinner) is also a good tip for Biergarten when paying OOP if you can handle a large meal in the middle of the day.

Coral Reef is best done at the earliest lunch or earliest dinner sitting possible when they first open because the place can't seem to keep up and ADRs are consistently seated later and later as the day goes on. I like the mahi mahi but would certainly agree that for a seafood restaurant, the offerings aren't that wonderful. I go for that one entree and the turtle cheesecake. If it was dropped from the menu, I probably wouldn't be back anytime soon.

I have had hit and miss experiences at Cape May Buffet. I once had terrible, stringy, barely there crab legs. Another evening, I had wonderful crab legs. I have found other offerings on the buffet that I really enjoyed so for me that acted as a buffer to the inconsistent crab leg thing. Sadly, this is one of the more $ buffets on property so the crab legs should be consistently good every night. Boma can produce excellent food every night. Cape May should be able to do the same particularly at that price point.

O'Hana was my worst dining experience in terms of food.The food just wasn't good on the evening I went. Everything tasted of teriyaki. I don't have a problem with teriyaki but I don't want every part of my meal to taste like it. Tough meat not tender. Dessert was good but not good enough to make up for the meal. O'Hana gets rave reviews and is a staple for so many guests that I wonder if I may have just hit a really bad night. However, given that all parts of the meal except dessert were sub par, I think maybe it may just be my tastes. Given that there are other, easier ADRs out there to score, its probably a once and done for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter