Worst Ending to a Disney Trip EVER! (and other things that happened) - UPDATE 6/22!

Yay! And now I don't feel so bad that I ate fries.

Yes! You may now resume your regular fry eating activities...

I like the pineapple and mango one. You think they'd know better and listen to someone who is always right :p

You'd think. I said a couple of things last night when I was over at my parents' with my sister. I wonder if sometimes I speak very softly or the rest of my family is just really loud.

We just rode that for the first time last time.

Yay! What did you think?

That's why you got the gas story at the Haunted Mansion he was insistent about that one.

:rotfl2:

And gross to underwear guy.

AND in a signature restaurant. My parents were pretty appalled. We were going to say something to our server the next time she came by but they left before she did.

You look like you're trying to be proper and have had it with the hooligans behind you:rotfl:

After underwear guy, we were done with ruffians! :lmao:

Aren't DisMeets awesome?? I had a quick one a couple years ago and then this past Aug. watched the Jungle Book show with another Dis friend and her family. Hoping to have a couple more "meets" next month! My stepson thinks it's creepy meeting up with people you only know from online, but he just doesn't know us Disney freaks :P

Haha. It is not creepy! Totally fun. It would be creepy if you were meeting in a back alley somewhere to meet up with a "boyfriend" you met on the internet.

Haven't been to Le Cellier in years. I really want to go back for the cheese soup but most reviews aren't that positive. Glad overall you enjoyed it! Oh and you should seriously go to the Territory Lounge at WL on your next trip. They serve a burger with the BEST truffle fries I've ever had ::yes::

WHAAA??? I had NO IDEA! Thank you so much for this information! @Raeven! Put it on the list!

Hello again. I’m just catching up after a few weeks away from the boards.

Welcome back! How did you survive without the DIS??? :rotfl2:

I am now determined to sit in the camper some day.

We did it our trip before this. It was pretty cool. Highly recommend it! If you go when they first start serving lunch, you should be able to get a seat in the camper.

I think I read that even if an old poncho tears, if you're in WDW you can show it to a CM and they will give you a new one. Although I may be wrong on that.

Hmmmm....that's interesting. Well, if one tears there's no harm in asking!

Behind the Seeds has been on my Disney bucket list for a while. I’ve been obsessed with Living with the Land since I was 9 years old when I first rode it. I have no idea why. I’m not much of a gardener but I’ve always enjoyed it.

If you are obsessed, then you HAVE to do it. You can call ahead and reserve if you want, or you can just see if there's room in the next tour when you're there. DO IT!!!!! #peerpressure

Awesome! Glad that you were able to meet Molly. I read her TR’s too.

She's so cool!

I never know where any of the ride cameras are. I always see people doing great poses for the cameras, and I’m clueless. I suppose there is a thread with ride camera locations somewhere that I should study.

There must be some sort of thread somewhere. I'll have to look...

I see so many similarities with our families :rotfl2: #GrumpyPants

Haha. I call my dad and DH "Grumpy Gills" sometimes too!

What is theis ICEWINE that you speak of???? Sounds amazing!!!!!!!! :jumping3:

This particular icewine was Canadian and it's produced from grapes that have frozen on the wine so it's a lot sweeter than regular wines. I think it was an Inniskillin (??) wine. Now you have to go out and find some ice wines! I know that different countries also make them. They're in a smaller bottle than other wines.

This makes me smile so much. I recently had the same experience with Kevin, and he wanted in on the action which is why he is now posting from his perspective on my trip report. Maybe your dad and mom should write a post too!!! :jumping1:

It's so fun to have your husband on board! I'm not sure how my parents would feel about it. I should ask my mom. She might want to do it.

Ohhhh the kittyyyy. He needs to meet Obi and Penny :lovestruc

That would be awesome. Though Sirius would probably run away and hide. :sad2: I was showing Blair pics of your kitties on Saturday night while we were at the restaurant. They're so cute, I just want to hug 'em!

I liked it! We couldn't find it last time we were there :laughing:

Seriously?? Hahaha. :rotfl2: Glad you finally found it! Isn't it funny that after all the times one has been there and all the researching on the DIS that there are still things we miss!

Haha I was thinking if trying it in May. I read about it in her dining TR!

I will allow you to go in May as long as you will take one for the team and go again in Sept. If you can stand that kind of sacrifice...

Seriously?? Hahaha. :rotfl2: Glad you finally found it! Isn't it funny that after all the times one has been there and all the researching on the DIS that there are still things we miss!

We didn't look really hard haha, but we found it easily this time!

I will allow you to go in May as long as you will take one for the team and go again in Sept. If you can stand that kind of sacrifice...

Of course!

OR I could make him take me to the fancy place, sit at the bar, have my truffle aoili fries AND a nice cocktail!

Blair and I went to a fancy restaurant near us and sat in the bar and had drinks and ate lots of house french fries with truffle aioli. Mmmmmmm.

Yay!!!! So glad that happened! All is right with the world.

Love your update. So funny about your Dismeet at Le Cellier. I find that so amusing that your parents didn't know about it and all of a sudden this person shows up that you "know" out of nowhere lol. People who aren't on the DIS find it strange I'm sure, but you do start to feel like you know these people. Sorry your dinner wasn't perfect...though it did look pretty good. I love the atmosphere in there too...though I've never seen anything like it actually "IN" Canada lol.

Yay!!!! So glad that happened! All is right with the world.

Love your update. So funny about your Dismeet at Le Cellier. I find that so amusing that your parents didn't know about it and all of a sudden this person shows up that you "know" out of nowhere lol. People who aren't on the DIS find it strange I'm sure, but you do start to feel like you know these people. Sorry your dinner wasn't perfect...though it did look pretty good. I love the atmosphere in there too...though I've never seen anything like it actually "IN" Canada lol.

All IS right in the world - finally!!

It is crazy how much you really feel like you know all these people and have sort of "met" them - even though you haven't!

Overall, our dinner was good - just the steak was a little drier than it should have been. When I think Canada, I don't think steakhouse. I think Kinder Surprises. Or maple syrup. Or Mounties.

Glad you finally got your fries! One time we went by McDonalds to get some for our daughter and they were out! Yes, McD's out of fries!! :scared1:

How did you like LeCellier? Apart from weird guy. I honestly had higher expectations, my son was realy happy with his steak, but I got the fillet and thought it was kinda tough and I didn't realize they forgot to put the sauce on it that it was supposed to have until I was almost done :confused3.. Oh well, the atmosphere was cool, but yes tables very close together!

You know, I tell my girls that peer pressure is wrong, but I think DIS peer pressure is perfectly acceptable :rotfl:

Haha. Absolutely!

Glad you finally got your fries! One time we went by McDonalds to get some for our daughter and they were out! Yes, McD's out of fries!! :scared1:

How did you like LeCellier? Apart from weird guy. I honestly had higher expectations, my son was realy happy with his steak, but I got the fillet and thought it was kinda tough and I didn't realize they forgot to put the sauce on it that it was supposed to have until I was almost done :confused3.. Oh well, the atmosphere was cool, but yes tables very close together!

Whaaa?? McDonald's out of fries?? That is SOOO wrong. That's like the apocalypse.

I liked Le Cellier okay. It's decent. I'm not sure about price-wise if it's a good value. I'd rather spend my money at California Grill. I loved the service but I was expecting more from my steak. It was on the dry side. And that, to me, is unacceptable at a steakhouse especially since I ordered it medium rare. But like you, I liked the atmosphere. And, again, our server was awesome.

Girl, it was SO NICE meeting you!! I was seriously so excited to finally have a DISmeet, you were my first one ever as well :hug: Like your parents, my mom was also intrigued by the DIS and kept asking me about it the whole trip! I think she was shocked that I wasn't the only one out there with a mega Disney obsession!! :rotfl:

Loving your TR so far, can't wait to read more!! :bounce:

Girl, it was SO NICE meeting you!! I was seriously so excited to finally have a DISmeet, you were my first one ever as well :hug: Like your parents, my mom was also intrigued by the DIS and kept asking me about it the whole trip! I think she was shocked that I wasn't the only one out there with a mega Disney obsession!! :rotfl:

Loving your TR so far, can't wait to read more!! :bounce:

Haha! How could there possibly be more of us??? Inconceivable!

Day 4 Part 1 – Ahhhhh….that’s better

We were a little late leaving our room. I’m not sure why – that’s what I wrote: “A little bit late leaving.” Probably because we were tired and moving a little slower this morning.

I wore my Mickey hat today. It was way more comfortable than the tiger print Mickey headband that I got years and years ago. I was also Disney bounding in my Tink colors.

We took the car to the TTC and got out and I think we walked instead of taking the tram. But I can’t remember. I do remember that we, once again, forgot to take note of our parking space. You’d think this would be the last time we did this but you would be wrong…:sad2:

The monorail was closed for some reason and we had the option of the boat or busses. We chose the boat. We always choose the boat. The monorail is always closed in the mornings on the way in to MK. Is this normal or is it coincidence? I remember taking the monorail in to MK in the morning several times in the past.

There was a ferry already there so it was pretty packed. We were worried that we wouldn’t get on but we made it. And…Pro Tip…if there is time, go up the stairs all the way across and back down the stairs and stand with the crowd there. There is usually a large gap right at the end of the stairs even if there are people crowded on the sides. Then you are ready to get off when you dock!

On the way over we could see that the welcome show had already started. Boo. Spoiler alert: we never did get to see the show this trip. :sad:

It always seems like it takes forever to dock. Normally, I love the boat ride but I was rarin’ to go! We were one of the first people to get off just to be stopped dead by bag check. Of course. And, as usual, it was SLOW. :headache:

Mini-rant: People, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEEEEEAASE do not take bags with many many pockets. They will go through EVERY SINGLE ONE of those pockets. And if you have a large pocketbook, they will ask you to open that all up as well. It is so frustrating to be behind someone with multiple bags with multiple pockets. What have you got in there?!?! I’ve seen people with small children who have less stuff than you! I, an admittedly overpacker, have less stuff in my 41 lbs suitcase than you have in your bag right now!!

tumblr_lv6j3abjpa1r3saxeo1_500.gif

Okay. I’m done. Thanks for letting me get that off my chest. I know that bag checks are necessary, they really try my patience. Kind of like buses. I hate stuff that is out of my control that stops me from moving forward.

Moving on, (see what I did there??) we did not have to go through the metal detector this time – yay. The time was 8:55am as we were walking down Main Street so they opened the park early that day.

I was feeling pretty good. It was hot out but somehow it seemed pretty bearable. The castle looked amazing and we were walking down Main Street, USA. A lot of my uneasiness and agitation was gone. Today was going to be a GREAT day. I could feel it!

upload_2016-10-26_13-10-24.png
(And the crane is back! Have you seen the crane's twitter feed? @WDW_Crane Hilarious.)

upload_2016-10-26_13-11-42.png

We went directly to SM and walked on then went to Buzz and walked on. As we got onto Buzz, I told my parents, “Winner buys lunch!” I was pretty confident that I was going to win.

We got stopped right before unloading.

upload_2016-10-26_13-12-31.png

I asked my parents their score. They could see mine from their car and MIRACULOUSLY, their scores were higher! <cough> BS <cough>

We were stopped a LONG time, enough time to memorize Buzz and Zurg’s parting words and gestures. It’s actually kind of clever, I hadn’t really paid attention at the end, I was always focused on my score. (I’m a little competitive.) Finally, we were able to get off.

upload_2016-10-26_13-13-7.png

upload_2016-10-26_13-13-19.png

Everyone was really focused, as you can see.

The line was long now from the forced stop so we lucked out there! Dad wanted some coffee and something to eat so we went to Gaston’s Tavern so he could do that and I could get my LeFou Brew! SO delicious. SO wonderful. SO so sweet, but I don’t care!

upload_2016-10-26_13-14-24.png
I <3 Beauty and the Beast!!!!!

Dad got a chocolate croissant and I got the LeFou Brew with the passion fruit whip on top. Of course, Mom couldn’t have either of those things. Oops. She said she was okay with it but she made a funny face and I could kind of tell she was bummed. But she wouldn’t let us go back and get something for her. She does this sometimes, kind of pulls the martyr card. Ugh.

upload_2016-10-26_13-15-37.png

Oh well, nothing to be done. Except go to 7DMT to use our first FP! We all had a great time on this ride! No lingering angst anymore!

We walked over to HM and looked at the line. It was really long. But we kind of shrugged and said, “What else are we going to do?” The line actually wasn’t that long, they were doing construction on most of the line so it just looked bad because you weren’t going through the actual queue.

Mom and I were getting hungry and we thought we would wait but then we thought that was crazy to wait when we were hungry. It was only going to get worse. I would only get hangry later.

So Dad suggested we go to the Sea Tavern.

Hahaha. :rotfl:

Um, Columbia Harbour House??

Yup, that’s what he meant. Of course, we could not let him forget that for the rest of the trip! Haha. It’s actually a pretty accurate name.

We love the dining atmosphere and how it is supposed to symbolize the ocean journey from the old world (Fantasyland) to the new world (Liberty Square). Our favorite place is to eat up above the walkway and people watch.

Mom just got fries because she didn’t really see anything that she wanted that was GF and DF. I got the chicken strips. (We should have totally checked the book to see if the chicken strips had tapioca in them because they were different than the ones from Restaurantosaurus.) Dad got the tuna sandwich with chowder.

Instead of waiting by the counter for our allergy order, they gave us a pager. So we went to get our seats which, unfortunately, were NOT in the little walkway area. Everyone was sitting in there and there weren’t any seats left.

Our food came not too long after we sat down. Probably our quickest allergy order of the trip.

upload_2016-10-26_13-18-32.jpeg

It was good. The disappointment for me was the honey mustard cups. At Restaurantosaurus it’s in a dispenser and tastes WAAAY better than the Heinz honey mustard cups. Mom agreed with me.

And as you can see, there were A LOT of chicken strips. I could have easily shared them. It was too hot out to eat too much.

Mom really wanted to do the Hall of the Presidents so we went over and found out it was going to be another 15min-ish before the next show so we shopped in the little Christmas shop. We didn’t really find anything but I enjoyed the Halloween stuff. We also checked out the Momento Mori shop which had some cool things but nothing I wanted to actually buy. Well, I did want to buy stuff but of course, it all was out of my price range.

The Hall of the Presidents was like it always is – presidential. Dad fell asleep and started to snore. Hehe. :rotfl2: I do not think that Barack Obama looks like himself. But he does sound like himself. :laughing:

Up next…

Day 4 Part 2 – Is that me???

Last edited:
(And the crane is back! Have you seen the crane's twitter feed? @WDW_Crane Hilarious.)
:D I had no idea the crane had a twitter handle. Seems like it hasn't been tweeting this fall though.

We love the dining atmosphere and how it is supposed to symbolize the ocean journey from the old world (Fantasyland) to the new world (Liberty Square).
Something else I learned today. I had no idea of the symbolism behind CHH. I have to confess I have never been here. DW and DD's don't like seafood and they just assume they won't like it because of the nautical theme. I need to remind them there is chicken too.

The Sea Tavern :P Love it! We also love sitting upstairs.
It has to be so hard traveling (and living) with an allergy. I feel bad for your mom although I get the martyr thing, my MIL likes to do that sometimes. Maybe it's a mom thing, although I don't do it. Hmm, don't think I do it :scratchin My kids may say otherwise lol!

Momento Mori has so much cool stuff in it!! So much cool, expensive stuff!! Honestly though, I was psyched when it opened, HM deserves its own gift shop :hmghost:

You’d think this would be the last time we did this but you would be wrong…:sad2:

:rotfl: we're going to get hopelessly lost when we go.

And, as usual, it was SLOW. :headache:

Sooo slow :mad:

We walked over to HM and looked at the line. It was really long. But we kind of shrugged and said, “What else are we going to do?” The line actually wasn’t that long, they were doing construction on most of the line so it just looked bad because you weren’t going through the actual queue.

I hate how you can't see the mansion because of the construction.

So Dad suggested we go to the Sea Tavern.

Hahaha. :rotfl:

:laughing: Just like Josh forgetting the name of Gaston's Tavern. We can never let them live it down.

I do not think that Barack Obama looks like himself. But he does sound like himself. :laughing:

I think I read somewhere that Barack Obama's was the first time they've used a new sculptor since the one that did it before got too old and trained the new one, and that recording the voice is one of the first things a new president does.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter