WORST DISNEY DINING EXPERIENCE

Worst service. Cali Grill. We didn't even tip the waiter, the assisant got it all.

Worst food. Really haven't had a bad meal but Coral Reef did not get good reviews from my wife this last trip.

I totally agree, but in this case, to be fair, she was an otherwise excellent and super-attentive server... I think she was just an over-sharer and we engaged a little too much with her, I don't think she was intentionally trying to scam us.

I have little things I call "Magic Killers" - kind of like the "4th wall" in movies and television... when I go to Disney, I don't want to think about the real world at all (including seeing the news or headlines). I know that's probably a completely selfish and irresponsible thing to do to some extent (especially since, 9 times out of 10, I do end up checking in with work at some point). I once complimented a cashier in one of the gift shops on her crystal Mickey earrings. She was super cheerful, but made a comment like, "Wish they were real diamonds... but they're not, not on what they pay me here!" Total Magic Killer!!!!

Yeah, it didn't sound like a scam to me. I feel like that's something that can eventually come up when making conversation with your server. Asking about their day, etc. But we just like to talk anyway. Maybe some people don't like to make conversation with the server, and they'd find it strange.

I have mixed feelings about the magic killer thing. While that's totally not appropriate to say about your employer, I've read what the average CM makes and it does suck. Just the thought kinda kills the magic for me lol.

We will never go back to Tusker House. It was dirty, the characters were rushed around and the service was SLOW. The food wasn't that great either. Thankfully, my kids and DH agree that we don't need to give it another try.

We had terrible service at Coral Reef. But, it might have had something to do with the fact that our waiter was being yelled at constantly by a group of 10 sitting by us. He wasn't doing enough to get them moved closer to the tank and wasn't bringing out their food & drinks fast enough. They were the rudest diners I've ever been around, so that might have skewed my opinion!

Overall, we've had good experiences. I much prefer the disney food than the sit-down meals we had at Universal (save the resorts). There weren't many choices and the quick service wasn't much better than mcdonalds...which we don't eat.

Some tables think they are the servers only table, one of the servers a few days ago told two of his tables that were sitting there talking about him..." I know its hard to believe but your not my only table"...We were slammed and it took a few minutes to get their drinks, but not that long..I guess they left him a big fat tip after being called out...:rolleyes1

Worse food was the Wave a few years back, service was good just the food was lacking..Worst service was at Ohana a few years back, he was nice but just rushed us and was very slow on refills..But we still go back and have awesome service before and after that incident, the food is just that good for us..I think any place can be bad, just depends on the day and what is happening on that day...

Rose and Crown. Indifferent and inattentive server and lousy food

You just reminded me of our last meal there. It was actually our first meal (late lunch) of that trip and man was the service awful. The food was fine, but our server could not have been less attentive. I've found that even at home, I get really poor service at British and Irish establishments...maybe it's a cultural thing?

You just reminded me of our last meal there. It was actually our first meal (late lunch) of that trip and man was the service awful. The food was fine, but our server could not have been less attentive. I've found that even at home, I get really poor service at British and Irish establishments...maybe it's a cultural thing?

I think you might be right about the cultural thing. Most Pubs like that in England, you would order at the bar and then your food is brought to you. So, who knows? I never ate there -I spend most of my time with Carl at the bar....

I have to say that our worst meal was CRT for lunch. We were so excited to eat there and 3 out of the 7 of us had food that was inedible. $400 later and we were still hungry. We also were out of there in less than an hour. Our server wasn't rude - just not magical. He barely came to our table. Never a refill of any drinks. We barely sat, we ordered and the food started coming out. I know you go there for the experience of the castle but with the money you spend we would like to have enjoyed the meal. I hope with the renovations they will change the food.

Worst for me was Mama Melrose. This was over 10 years ago and still won't give it another chance. I ordered some common Italian dish. It tasted strange, off. I couldn't eat it. Don't really know what happened, but I won't go there again. Ever.

Rose and Crown. Got a lovely table outside and was able to watch IllumiNations. That was great. The Scotch Egg was great. Should've stopped there. I ordered a meat, potatoes and veg plate and it seemed to completely lack seasoning. Just so poorly cooked, like it was prepared by the dishwasher instead of a cook line.

Worst food has to be mama melrose. I was there with 13 other people and we all found it to be inedible.

Worst service is coral reef but it isn't the server. It's consistently the wait time and seating arrangement. They made my party wait 45 minutes so they could seat us together. And they tried to seat is separately. They literally sat a family right in the middle of a viable seating arrangement while we were standing there. It made no sense.

Biergarten - my DS and I were seated with two other families who didn't even acknowledge us when we sat down. Not Disney's fault, of course, but it made me really uncomfortable that our table mates couldn't even muster up a "hello". The family next to us seemed completely annoyed that we were even seated there. We then went up to the buffet and came back to the table with our food. As my DS started eating, a sanitation CM started spraying toxic-smelling cleanser and sprinkling "vomit" remover around my DS. That's right, the child seated next to him had thrown up around his seat while we were at the buffet. The staff obviously knew it had happened as they had called the sanitation worker in to clean it up. Apparently they thought it was ok for my son to eat while there was vomit all around his seat. I lost it with the server and manager. This went beyond disgusting, it was actually a health hazard. The manager's response was, "we can't control guest behavior". I reminded her she had absolute control over where we were seated and they should have seated us at another table. She then started apologizing profusely and asked us if there was anything she could do for us. I told her we would not be paying for our horrific experience there and walked out.

Narcoosee's - things were going well until it was time for the entrees to be served. We waited about 30 minutes after we had finished our appetizers and finally flagged our server down who hadn't been to our table to check on us. We asked where our entrees were and she said she would go check. Lo and behold, not a minute later, she comes out with our entrees which were stone cold. They had obviously been sitting for a while and she decided to serve them anyway. We sent them back. There was no way we were going to spend $75 a pop on cold entrees. The manager and chef apologized and re-did our order, which meant waiting even longer. This was our second bad experience here. For the insane prices they are charging, they really need to get their act together. We will never eat there again.

A few days ago my friend and I went to Marrakesh for lunch. She's allergic to mushrooms. We asked our server to bring out a chef to do the allergy check thing, and the server said, and I quote, "we don't have to bother the chef." He told us that only one menu item had mushrooms, so she ordered something else. After a few bites, she noticed mushrooms on the plate. She sent it back and not only did the server take nearly half an hour to bring her a new plate, but we had to ask twice more for the chef to come out. He acted like it was a huge hardship to come out and then LAUGHED AT HER when she told him how sick she felt because of the mushrooms. We went to Guest Services but they couldnt do anything because it wasnt a Disney owned restaraunt. Never again.

Our worst experience was Ohana for breakfast long wait to be seated. Felt as though they were rationing the breakfast meats. We waited over an hour to see Mickey. I finally complained when a family he had already spent 20 minutes with called him back. Our table did have a beautiful view however.

On my first adult trip, the Cafe at GF stuck us with the slowest server ever. It was nearly empty and we sat forever waiting for food while those around us who arrived later had their entrees. We were staying there and it was hit or miss if there'd be a wait or not.

My worst experience was sadly once the site of a best. Le Cellier in late October...they were running late and there was nowhere to wait to be called. The ribs I loved were gone so I got the new pork two ways which arrived cold and was tiny. My server was largely absent. Dessert, the smoking mousse, was the worst food Item I have ever been served. It tasted like char and was hard as a rock. One bite and I was done, but the waiter was awol so I couldn't send it back.

Second worse was recent lunch at BOG. I preordered and it still took a half hour to get my food.

Last week had ressies for Ohana. Booked months ago and only time avail at 920. No prob. Got to hotel early to find moat areas blocked off. They didnt pupe in music for fireworks that night. Went to check in to b told that we ha no ressies and that the system drops them all the time. Not my problem if system drops. Was told no getting in. I was given an email address to complain to. I went to the car to call the Manager and it is a direct line to offsite customer dining. They showed no attempt to get ressies but could find some other place to eat at 945pm. Told them I didnt want to eat anywhere else and I would just complain to the Main offices in Burbank in the morning. The Operator asked if I Knew where I was and why I would contact Burbank. Hmmmmmm its your Home office? He then checked for the 5th time and said "I found your reservation for X day past" That want mine as I was not in Disney at the time. I asked for the ressie # so I could dispute credit charge. Told him I Was going to go since he couldnt help. He said he could help and refunded my $20 no show. I finally went back in where the head chef came out and couldnt believe I had to go through all that for 2 people to eat. He got me right in and I had great service. Unfortunately I was riled up to enjoy. Never again! Disney lossing all there good people to Universal :( It makes me sad

The worst quick service was a meal we had once at the ABC commissary at DHS. I bit into some fish and the hot oil inside splattered my leg! Hurt like crazy.
Worst table service meal was our last trip to Le Cellier. I got the prime rib for dinner--ordered medium-- and it was incredibly dry. I asked for au jus and was told "we only have that at lunch time, but I can bring you some horseradish." Oh yeah, that will help! I choked it down while I envied my son's NY Strip, which looked great.
I can't remember any really terrible service.
Daisyx3

Via Napoli, hands down our worst and really the only TS that was a negative experience out of about the 40 or so TS we have done so far.

The service was quite bad. They were not very friendly at all at the check-in desk, our server herself wasn't horrible, but visibly stressed. The "water boy" was awful and instead of trying to answer a question, would just run away like he was terrified. I think language was part of the issue, but still. I sat and watched what was going on and the floor manager was standing and glaring at all the staff and they all looked like they were next in line to be fired, it was a horrible environment. I knew by watching the manager that there was really no point in saying anything to her, because she was clearly a big part of the problem.

We ordered dessert and then my DS (6 at the time) needed to use the bathroom. It was just the two of us, so I went with him and of course our table was left empty. Our hats were on our chairs though. We come back and the entire table is cleared, including our drinks and the water boy looked mortified when he saw us sit back down. Our server apologized, but never did offer to bring another set of drinks for us, I had to ask. We waited forever for our dessert, which was ice cream, and when it finally came to us, it had already started to melt, so it had clearly been sitting waiting on the server for awhile.

The food itself (we had pizza) was just okay, nothing to rave about and certainly not good enough for me to go back a 2nd time to give it another try, in case the poor service was just a bad day type thing.

Now I will say, that the only thing that made this entire visit worthwhile was my 6 year old son ordering the pistachio ice cream and in his best Mater impersonation, within ear shot of the waitress says "What ever you do, do not order the pistachio ice cream. It has turned"! That poor server had no idea of the context and I thought she was going to have a heart attack. I, on the other hand, found it hysterical!

Bongos. Even though I like the place a lot. It was once so bad it was funny. I was there with a date and another couple. The waitress came over did some small talk. Turned her back to my guest the whole time. Then told me what time she was getting out of work and was I interested in coming back. It was very loud and hard to hear as the band was playing but I could tell that when taking the order of my guest that the waitress told her several times that they were out of that dish. Finally when the food came they brought out for 3 and did not bring the dish out for my date. She noticed that I had what the waitress told her they were out of. When asked, the waitress told her that they had it for him, but none for her. (this is all true) Finally, her dish arrived and it was a dish of off the children's menu lol. It went down hill from there. It was so strange and odd the whole thing that it was funny. We laughed the whole way through.

We really haven't had a "Worst Dining Experience", in our 9 trips to Disney World.

We have had slow service, inattentive service, good service, and excellent service. We have tried many different foods and some of them were not to my liking. I will not order those again.

There have been restaurants that I feel are too expensive but we have decided to only do these for a special occasion or one time per trip. We have found restaurants that are Disney budget friendly and return to those over and over again. We all know Disney dining is expensive that is without question.

We have had a dirty table but it is always quickly cleaned when we point it out but that is far and few between.

I can honestly say, I almost all our dining experiences have been really good and some have been excellent. Disney dining is a part of our vacation and makes it more enjoyable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter