Worst change in the last 10 years...What do you miss most

I miss the previous TTA narration. :sad1:

It broke my heart that it was changed to basically a commercial for Tomorrowland.

I went on it 3 weeks ago for the 1st time since the update (or downgrade, whichever way you want to look at it) and I was :mad::mad::mad: the entire ride!

I miss the old narration w/ Mr. Johnson, Paging Mr Morrow, Rockettower Plaza Station, & Perfect Park Acres! (WAAHHHHH)

Couple of things..........

Tapestry of NATIONS! (not the Dreams version, those kids voices got annoying after the first time). This is the thing I miss MOST!!:sad2:

The narration on TTA..... :sad2: like so many others on here it made me sad to hear they changed it!!

The old E-ticket nights!!! EMH just isn't the same! it makes it way too crowded! when it was E-ticket it was worth the $10 because it would not be crowded at all!!

Worst change is by far the homogenization of merchandise and menus.

It used to be that each store in every park and resort was unique and interesting, all carrying different stuff. Now they are all the same, selling the same "Disney Parks" merchandise that you can find in every store on property and even Disney Land!

I also used to like visiting different resort lounges and trying their specialty drinks... but now every lounge menu is the same.

But I also miss my DD being 7. She still loves Disney but she does not have the sparkle in her eyes and the round mouth everytime she sees a princess. Disney is so special through the eyes of a child.

Lucy

Sniff Sniff. They grow up WaaaaaaaaaaY too fast!! DS is almost 7 and I can hardly stand how fast it's happening! :sad:

I miss the E-Ride nights where you had to pay $10.

I also miss the ORIGINAL Fast Pass where only Disney Resort guests could obtain them. You get little to no benefits/bonuses for staying at the resorts anymore.

I agree with many that have posted here ::yes::

I miss:

1. Journey into the Imagination - Original ride
2. Tapestry of Nations parade (with the BIG drums and Huge puppets)
3. Horizons
4. Resort specific souvenirs
5. Walter Cronkit's narration on Spaceship Earth

But of the new attractions, I LOVE :love:

1. Philharmagic
2. Soarin
3. Test Track
4. Expedition Everest
5. Tower of Terror

Dining Plan and Free Dining.

Now I do love the 180 day window to make reservations -makes my planning stress free.

For me, I miss characters walking around the parks, it was so much fun to just randomly run into them like an old friend on the street.

I miss the Catwalk Bar over the Brown Derby. A great, out of the way, place to relax and unwind with a nice cocktail.

The Dining Plan in general. Since restaurants are only compensated xxx dollars per meal credit, they have been forced to alter menus, go to premade standard desserts, get rid of unique entrees, etc.

Also, it has turned the nicer restaurants into family restaurants so that any attempt to have a quiet, romantic meal with quality food and a nice bottle of wine must now be tried at only those places not on the dining plan.

As always Pakey :worship:
I always agree with you!

#1 worst change was getting rid of the Adventurers Club.

My honorable mentions:

- Free dining
- Hunchback Show
- 180-day reservations (60 should be plenty)
- Wonders of Life Pavilion
- Original Journey into Imagination and Image Works
- Comedy Warehouse

It's absolutely Journey Into Imagination for me. That was my favorite ride when I was a child, and I loved the ImageWorks too. It's such a disappointment now, though it is better than the first new version. My kids did like it though. They all wanted Figment souvenirs!

We all loved the Hunchback show, too. We did tape the entire show when we saw it, so at least we have that.

Without question, the Adventurers Club. It was not in a park so I'm not sure it goes with the question. But I miss it more than I miss anything that has ever been removed from a park. At least Mr. Toad and the original Tiki Room can still be seen at Disneyland.

I seriously dislike the dining plan (I never make dining reservations six months in advance and can always go somewhere I want to go, so I'm not objecting to that), but closing the AC was worse.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter