Worried

Your going to get lots of suggestions here so you will have lots of choices to pick from. I'll throw in my thoughts as well.
I would not take ME back to the airport to get the bus. ME buses stop at other resorts as well so you may have to wait for pick ups at several other places before actually getting on the road to the airport. Its about 45 minutes just to get to the airport and then you need to get on another bus to take you to the port, which is about an hour. You will also have to transport your luggage with you from the resort to the airport to the DCL bus. To me that is way to much work and way to much time.
A car service or car rental would probably get you to the port in good time however you would need to return the rental car and that is another time consumer I did not enjoy. Depending on how many are traveling with you the car service could be cheaper but not always. I have found people don't think about the tip for the service and that brings the cost up so when you price it out don't forget to add that in to your total.
We have tried it all except for the ME to the airport bit, I would never do this for the reasons I have listed. We prefer the bus even though it doesn't get us t o the port early early. I don't understand why people want to get there so early. As has been mentioned earlier you can't board until a certain time, you just float around the port terminal waiting. Our personal preference is to take the bus from the resort. It is much like the ME buses and has a video movie going of what to expect on the ship and different information about it. Your time on the bus really flys by and if it is your first sailing you could get some good information from it. I know others have gotten to the port late however we have done this 7 (I think) times and have always been on the ship by 1. There is no line at check in, there are no crowds of people waiting so you just walk right on. The crowds have dispersed and we are at lunch with a table in no time. I find that there are enough lines during the cruise, if I can avoid the mass crowd before the cruise I start my vacation a lot calmer. Also, once we hand our luggage to the bus driver its gone, I don't have to worry about it at the port. It will find me later.

Again, not everyones choice but I thought I would give my thoughts and reasons. What ever you decide you will have a great cruise with wonderful memories. Enjoy!

We use Southern Elegance and have for years -- selimo.net

When is your PAT? If you arrive at port prior to it you may not be allowed entry.

I don't have a PAT yet. I assume that stands for Port Arrival Time? Don't I do that when I do the online check in?

I assumed Southwest was included since it works at the resorts. So we have to tote around our luggage for breakfast and then take it to DCL bus to the airport??

I assumed Southwest was included since it works at the resorts. So we have to tote around our luggage for breakfast and then take it to DCL bus to the airport??
No, you still leave your bags outside your room onboard the last night. DCL gets it off the ship for you, and you collect it in the terminal, take it through customs and then hand it off to the bus driver for storage underneath the bus. Once at the airport, you get your bags from the driver and check them in.

So --If we would do the ME to Airport and do that route without a plane. How do they assign a pick up time with out the flight departure time. Or do you just make one up. I have heard they open at 9am at the airport. We would want be on one of the first ones on board to get over to try to get Palo Brunch.Also Once you get to the airport how far is it from ME drop off to the Cruise line area. We are first time cruisers also. Really want Palo brunch if offered on 4 Day cruise. Only 2 of us so hopefully not too much luggage to handle. If we get Brunch when online checkin occurs will probably not do this. Thanks for help.

Take the magical express back to the airport and then walk over to DCL transport. We did this and arrived to port by 10 am. Pickup at AOA was not until 12:30. We were in the pools on the boat at that time!!
Take the magical express back to the airport and then walk over to DCL transport. We did this and arrived to port by 10 am. Pickup at AOA was not until 12:30. We were in the pools on the boat at that time!!

So --If we would do the ME to Airport and do that route without a plane. How do they assign a pick up time with out the flight departure time. Or do you just make one up. I have heard they open at 9am at the airport. We would want be on one of the first ones on board to get over to try to get Palo Brunch.Also Once you get to the airport how far is it from ME drop off to the Cruise line area. We are first time cruisers also. Really want Palo brunch if offered on 4 Day cruise. Only 2 of us so hopefully not too much luggage to handle. If we get Brunch when online checkin occurs will probably not do this. Thanks for help.
You have to give them a time you need to be at the airport (what time your "flight" is). Typically, they will pick you up for the trip 3 hours before your "flight" to arrive in time to check bags and such. So, if you want to be there at 9:00, you tell them you have a flight at noon.

You have to give them a time you need to be at the airport (what time your "flight" is). Typically, they will pick you up for the trip 3 hours before your "flight" to arrive in time to check bags and such. So, if you want to be there at 9:00, you tell them you have a flight at noon.
Thanks. I have not used ME for a while but I thought they asked for a specific flight number. Is that not true or do you need to find one that fits.

Thanks. I have not used ME for a while but I thought they asked for a specific flight number. Is that not true or do you need to find one that fits.
I know they at least ask what time you need to be at the airport. Not sure if you have to give them an actual flight number.

Just be sure to have your private company pick you up very early. We used Happy Limo ended up with flat tire. It took them over 2 hours to get a replacement. Was the scariest thing to worry about missing the ship. It was awful. Now we stay at port the night before or only take Disney transfers to port. Disney would hold up the ship if their bus broke down and I am sure it would not take over 2 hours to get a replacement.

I have not tried this yet but I was told you can call 2 days before your departure to get the departure time from the resort to the Port. Not that helpful as you can't cancel at this point. Anyone leaving from Disney resorts can call this number and they will give you your pick up time to go to port on Saturday 1407-566-4040. Best of luck! I will be trying it out this Thursday!

I have not tried this yet but I was told you can call 2 days before your departure to get the departure time from the resort to the Port. Not that helpful as you can't cancel at this point. Anyone leaving from Disney resorts can call this number and they will give you your pick up time to go to port on Saturday 1407-566-4040. Best of luck! I will be trying it out this Thursday!

We had 15 families cruising with us and they tried calling and were told they would find out the night before they left.. Sure enough they got a call around 10 pm saying they were getting picked up at 12 :15 . They got to port around 1:45

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter