Worried about DTD Courtyard!

HAH

Earning My Ears
We have reservations for 4 rooms in December at DTD Courtyard. We are paying $95.24 inc tax per night. I just read a less than comfortable review on Mousesavers that the rooms were worn. We always stay at a Disney resort but at the holiday rates the Courtyard is much more economical! Are we going to be sorely disappointed?

I just read a less than comfortable review on Mousesavers that the rooms were worn.

We stayed there last year and didnt notice worn rooms. Mousesavers tends to promote the lodgings she offers----she also gave the Best Western a less than desirable write up, and we were happy there. The Happy Hour at Courtyard was great and the staff is congenial. Unless you get real unlucky, I think you'll be alright...Good Luck:smooth:

Hi there - I stayed at the Courtyard in May of this year - true, this is not a brand new hotel, but I think it was nice. The staff was nice, the restaurant had good food for dinner (only meal I ate there - I grabbed a muffin from the little store for breakfast), good location. I would/will stay here again.

Think of it this way, too ---- how much time will you actually be in the room?

I stayed there last weekend for one night and tried to be SUPER critical and here is my list.

1. There was a one conor of the room where the wall paper was just a TINY bit away from the wall. This was right beside the sliding door which led to the pool (I had a first floor room) and I am willing to bet that it is a result of mositure from the door being left open.

2. The bathroom is an "older" style. Not much you can do about that. It was clean. Right over the shower head you could tell that they had done a plumbing repair and fixed the ceiling, but it was not too bad just a little different texture.

3. The sink fawcet could have used some work. I had a hard time regulating. Now I have stayed there before and the fawcet was not an issue before so I figure it was just this room and I think that had I called maintenance it was an easy fix. I was only there one night.

I tried to be critical just because I keep reading things like "worn". Personally if I had not been on a quest I probably would have only noticed the fawcett.

My room was huge, the bedsprad, blanket, towels and pillows were in good shape. The carpet was clean. Overall I think for the price you are paying it is A GREAT deal.

My only other complaint is the TV size. Kind of small, but I find that in a lot of hotels.

Just to use a comparision. I spent the night before I went to Disney at Hilton in downtown Atlanta. That room cost over $100 and was in a lot worse shape then my Courtyard room.

We stayed there in May and we're going back in Sept. It's not "new" by any means, but definately clean. You can't beat the location. :D

we stayed on our last trip because of the nightly room rates we agree the resort rooms are worn, but he public areas are nice and the staff very friendly but mostly we just slept in the rooms after a day in the parks our room did smell clean and we enjoy staying in new places on property it adds to the fun

Are you paying $95 per room/night or $95 for all 4 rooms? I'd say the Courtyard DTD is ok but NOT at $95/night/room. There are many other options available at better hotels for that amount of $$. Try calling the Courtyard DTD directly and see if you can get their $20.03 rate for the days you're staying. If not, do some research and get a better room for the $95/night. At a minimum, you should be able to stay at a Disney Value or maybe even a Moderate for that price. Both of which will be better than the Courtyard DTD. Don't forget that the Disney Pop Century will be opening in Dec.

I stayed there for one night last year and was very pleased with the room. We were in the annex and the room was huge and in great shape. We decided to leave for vacation a night earlier than planned because we got the $20 deal last August and I would have been happy to stay a little longer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter