Worm Compost

Discussion in 'Flower & Garden Forum' started by Noah, Mar 10, 2011.

1. Noah

Noah Easy, Direct, and Simple

Hi are there any members involved in Worm composting? I do and I would love to share some ideas with whomever is interested.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. tinkergrumpybuns

tinkergrumpybuns Mouseketeer

I had tried it on small scale in some recycling bins but it got to hot here in Northeast that summer and I lost them all. I had plenty in yard until I had to resort to chemical treatment for grubs. I had tried all of Jerry Bakers stuff with no luck and they were just trashing the place!

4. tinkergrumpybuns

I had tried it on small scale in some recycling bins but it got to hot here in Northeast that summer and I lost them all. I had plenty in yard until I had to resort to chemical treatment for grubs. I had tried all of Jerry Bakers stuff with no luck and they were just trashing the place!

5. Noah

Noah Easy, Direct, and Simple

Hi,
    What does the "Jerry Bakers stuff" mean? Also if you have a garage or a cellar, your bins will thrive there as well, especially when it's hot and dangerous for them with no shades.

Noah

6. tinkergrumpybuns

Jerry Baker is kind of the Euell Gibbons of garden care. HE is into home remedies, no chemicals that are harmful etc. He does have a really good recipe for a green lawn in tough conditions. Involves beer, dawn dish liquid , peroxide etc. as I recall.
    He has books out, check out Amazon maybe? Hope that helps.

7. BernardandMissBianca

BernardandMissBianca <font color=red>I just love a dancing banana!<br>< Moderator

SIL has one, we'd like to get one started too. I need to have her come over and get some advice.