World's Longest Yard Sale reminder

hmcfall711

DIS Veteran
For those in the effected area the world's longest yard sale is next weekend. Also for some of those same states it is tax-free weekend. Here is a link with all the info about the yard sale and it even has a map to help out,

http://www.127sale.com/

ty for the reminder....and not because I will be going but because I need to stay away from my local walmart and dollar tree starting Monday!

May help with my $0 spend days ;)

Boy I would love to do this one year.

Thanks for the reminder!

I live just east of West Unity, Ohio, the northern end of the garage sale!!

Never done this but planning to next year. We would be traveling in a motor home. Will the parking be terrible along the way in the motor home?

I live in Northern KY, and 127 is known as Dixie Highway here. I'm less than 10 minutes away from Dixie.

That said, I've never had good luck when I go. It seems the sellers charge more for their items. I usually walk away empty-handed.

Last year, DH and I drove down 127 for a few miles with no luck. We decided to get off 127 and cruise through some of the neighborhood yard sales with the intention of getting back on 127 about five miles down the road.

We ran out of money before getting back on 127.

We did the segment from Frankfort, KY to Danville, KY a few years ago. It was quite busy and really impossible to stop everywhere along the line.

If I recall, there seemed to be more dealers between Frankfort and Lawrenceburg than south. This would be just south of I64 and North of the Bluegrass Parkway.

Never done this but planning to next year. We would be traveling in a motor home. Will the parking be terrible along the way in the motor home?

At least in my part of KY, 127 is 4 laned. A motor home would not be able to park at many of the sites, but there are plenty of spots where a motor home is no problem.

We did the segment from Frankfort, KY to Danville, KY a few years ago. It was quite busy and really impossible to stop everywhere along the line.

If I recall, there seemed to be more dealers between Frankfort and Lawrenceburg than south. This would be just south of I64 and North of the Bluegrass Parkway.

that part of the route is a mess .. actually, all of it from Owen County to the parkway is bad, traffic wise.

and it's full of dealers. it's more like an overpriced flea market than a yard sale.

that part of the route is a mess .. actually, all of it from Owen County to the parkway is bad, traffic wise.

and it's full of dealers. it's more like an overpriced flea market than a yard sale.

You can say the same thing about the area north of Owen County as well. An overpriced flea market.

That's probably why I'm not enthused about the yard sale, even though it's practically in my backyard.

I live in Northern KY, and 127 is known as Dixie Highway here. I'm less than 10 minutes away from Dixie.

That said, I've never had good luck when I go. It seems the sellers charge more for their items. I usually walk away empty-handed.

Last year, DH and I drove down 127 for a few miles with no luck. We decided to get off 127 and cruise through some of the neighborhood yard sales with the intention of getting back on 127 about five miles down the road.

We ran out of money before getting back on 127.

You did the right thing. ;)

We are antiques dealers and we do not do this sale ever! When it first started it was just regular people selling their stuff now, at least here, it is dealers selling, so really no good deals or very few. Not worth sitting in traffic for hours on end to get.

You can say the same thing about the area north of Owen County as well. An overpriced flea market.

That's probably why I'm not enthused about the yard sale, even though it's practically in my backyard.

I don't think I've ever been to the northernmost part of the sale. we've shopped and sold, and honestly .. I prefer the selling to the shopping. it's been a couple of years since we've done either, though. it was a lot more fun in the earlier days.

So if we go next year, where should we look to spend the night?

I'm not interested in antiques or dealers, I'm more of a kid's clothes, knick knack, paperback books type of shopper.

So if we go next year, where should we look to spend the night?

I'm not interested in antiques or dealers, I'm more of a kid's clothes, knick knack, paperback books type of shopper.

It really would depend of what end of the sale you want to visit. There are numerous hotels from Frankfort, KY to Danville, KY. Both towns have Hamptons, Holiday Inns, etc. Once you are south of Danville. lodging is tough all the way to the TN state line.

They close the schools in the Crossville TN area because traffic is so horrid. We went once on Sunday because we had to be in the area for another reason. A lot of the vendors were already packed up to go home, but we found a few things.

Sheila

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter