World Showcase - how many hours to see?

lisapowers16

Earning My Ears
How long would you allow yourself to tour the World Showcase during moderate crowds?

I have late Le Cellier reservations at 7:40pm, and was planning on starting in Mexcio and ending off in Canada.

What time would YOU start in Mexico? :)

11am- when it opens :)

We could absolutely spend the entire afternoon/evening in WS easily. There is so much to see, do and take in: from the food, shows, entertainment, shopping, to the picture opportunities, etc.

Even with our two little ones, we dedicate a whole day to WS!

11am! ;)

It depends on how thorough you want to be.

We started in Mexico just after 12pm (10:50am breakfast at Akershus) with dinner reservations at Coral Reef for 5pm. Two kids (6 and 11) with us and we felt very rushed! Completely missed United States, Canada and UK.

We could have done another country but the clouds looked like a storm was coming in and I wanted to get to Coral Reef while we were still dry. So we ended up with time to see Nemo. (oh, and it never did rain)

Without the kids, we would have spent more time in each country. And will this time around!

Even if you start at 11, I think you'll have to pick and choose what you explore. This will be my 5th trip to WDW and we always spend 2 days at Epcot, but I feel as if I've never really had time to explore the property. I think a Kim Possible mission would be cool. I'm really going to try to see more of the details this year. We're planning on spending 3 days at Epcot. Have fun!

As soon as they let us in the morning. Seriously, we have spent days just touring WS. Especially once you get talking to CMs.

In all honesty, we spent a full 7 evenings in Epcot in '09 and didn't come close to seeing everything. By that, I mean that we'd start at about 4 and end at 9 or 12 when the park closed and we still left thinking that there was just so much more worth seeing!

So, for one day? Definitely plan on starting at 11 when WS opens.

If you don't mind a timed/planned tour, you can try RideMax. With it you can set the ending time of your tour and location, tell it what shows/rides you want to see, what time you think you want to start and where, and it will either give you a touring plan that fits, or tell you that you need to start earlier. It's fun to play around with it.

You do have to wait until just before your trip to get accurate times. When I used it last August, the World Showcase part of the program was still in Beta testing but it seemed to work fine. I didn't get to give it a really good test though, since our tour was cut short due to the heat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter