World Passport in Ireland?

Discussion in 'Purchasing DVC' started by BCVOwner2002, Sep 10, 2003.

1. BCVOwner2002

BCVOwner2002 <font color=red>I do math problems in my sleep - i

According to the map in our guide book (page 154) there is a dot in Ireland. Does anyone know where this is? Has anyone ever gone to Ireland using DVC? Annmarie

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Official Ticket Center is Orlando’s #1 discount attraction ticket agency, selling millions of Walt Disney tickets around the world.

to hide this adverts.
  3. Dean

Dean DIS Veteran<br><a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis

The "Killarney Country Club" in south Ireland used to be on the list but I don't see it there now. I suspect they forget to remove the dot rather than forgetting to include the listing. II has four resorts in Ireland, none are 5*.

4. BCVOwner2002

Oh! That makes sense. DS had asked me this evening if I'd give him points in 2005 for a trip to Ireland. I guess the answer is sorry but Ireland is not available. Annmarie

5. Dean

Dean DIS Veteran<br><a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis

Ask DVC to be sure and don't forget direct exchanges and independent exchange companies like Dial an Exchange Europe.

6. anniet

anniet DIS Veteran

That's pretty nice of you. My answer would have been "I worked my whole life to get my DVC points. Go to college, get a job, and get your own dang points";) :)

7. BobH

BobH DIS Veteran

I went to Ireland for 3 weeks with my son. I originally searched for the Killarney site for a trade and also found it missing. Just for your information I think a trade to Ireland would not be the best use of points because you can stay at Bed and Breakfasts at such a reasonable price. An exchange to a hotel in Dublin might get you some value and save you money, but you can generally stay at a great Bed & Breakfast for $60 to $80 per night. Here is a website to get information from:

http://www.townandcountry.ie

You can often find links to the bed and breakfasts own websites from the town and country website. For Killarney I would recommend the Ross Castle Lodge. I had a 2 room suite with a large bathroom for $60 per night and it was within walking distance of Ross Castle, downtown Killarney and the National Park is across the street. Good Luck with your plans.

8. BCVOwner2002

Bob - Thanks so much for the information.

Annie - I was thinking "selfishly" awwwww that's too bad I can't use my points! Yeah right! That probably would've meant a year without a trip! I don't know if I could stand that! Maybe I'll just plan on putting away our bonuses for a surprise trip to Ireland. Then I could still have my points! Besides - DS is getting a BCV trip for his graduation!