World of Color Superthread

I just booked online and while they do ask for the ages, I believe that the food offering is the same for children and adults. But I could be wrong.....
I also think that he would just eat off your plate for free but Im not sure how they would handle where he would sit?? He could lap sit on a low chair, but not at a high top. Sorry that's not a very definitive answer!

To be clear DINING PACKAGES DO NOT HAVE SEATS - it is a special viewing area but it is still standing room only.

The DESSERT PARTY has the seats only in reference to the high top and low chairs.

To be clear DINING PACKAGES DO NOT HAVE SEATS - it is a special viewing area but it is still standing room only.

The DESSERT PARTY has the seats only in reference to the high top and low chairs.
OOPS! In my excitement I was thinking he was asking about the DESSERT Party! I will delete my post....

I am confused.... which show is currently playing, where is the map showing the section for the dessert party,and is the current show 'worth' paying for a reserved seat? Thanks for any help!

I am confused.... which show is currently playing, where is the map showing the section for the dessert party,and is the current show 'worth' paying for a reserved seat? Thanks for any help!
The "original" version of World of Color is currently playing, and changing to the new "Season of Light" version on November 10.

The Dessert Party is table service and has a good location, very well done.
I consider it a good "value", and recommend it to friends.
(I personally have not done the Party, having seen WOC many many times)

A Dessert Package map (previously posted in a long thread about the Dessert Party)
(arrangement of tables might be slightly different)
seating_map_web-jpg.159379

The "original" version of World of Color is currently playing, and changing to the new "Season of Light" version on November 10.

The Dessert Party is table service and has a good location, very well done.
I consider it a good "value", and recommend it to friends.
(I personally have not done the Party, having seen WOC many many times)

A Dessert Package map (previously posted in a long thread about the Dessert Party)
(arrangement of tables might be slightly different)
seating_map_web-jpg.159379
Thanks! That's great.... any idea on the newer show, is it 'good'? I realize that's subjective

Is it still possible to see the WOC show without a fastpass? In the past I believe you could stand at the back by the Little Mermaid ride or maybe even along the bridge area to see, if you didn't have a fp.

I'll be going with a friend next year that probably won't want to get down in the crowd to see it but maybe would like to at least walk up and see parts of it. Is this possible? Any suggestions?

Well, we saw it the other day....Saturday the 17th. Busy park.... Idk..... I guess it was fun to try it, but I don't think the the DP was worth it. For one thing,people were standing in the DP line by 7 pm- res. Said 8:15. So we killed some time elsewhere b/c the whole point of paying was to avoid long lines and crowds. By 8:05,we got in line-the whole area to wait for do was full- and didn't look any different than the blue section waiting next to us. The other sections actually entered their area before us! It was SLOW getting in,we stood/shuffled from 8:05 to about 8:35/8:40. Once in, we were seated and served quickly.had a high table,but were behind another high table. I had to squirm about a bit in my seat b/c the two people in front of my table were tall. Desserts were good, and the gf plate was REALLY good. The show was AMAZING- it was also cold this night(38 degrees)- that couldn't be helped. I wouldn't recommend the DP,as I don't feel the value is there. It saved us no standing ur waiting time- the only benefit was sitting during the show. Enjoyed trying it out though! Hope this review helps others make a decision.....

We are thinking of doing the Dinner package for WOC. But I can't seem to make ADR for February. Does anyone know when they will open up the reservations for that time?

WoC Dessert Party and ADR reservations are now open for February (as of now, through 20th February). Y'all get on it!

Last edited:
There's no option to pay using a Disney Gift Card on the website. Does anyone know if I would be able to by phone?

I just realized I posted on the wrong thread - sorry!

Figured I would update with an answer. YES, you can use Disney Gift Cards to pay for the dessert party. But you have to phone Dining Reservations to do so.

Last edited:
Show stopped halfway through last night. A problem with the center front water screen was obvious, and the show still looked good. First stopped or cancelled WOC show I have experienced (~100 shows).

Is the reserved section for Carthay Circle different to Wine and Ariels? Is it a much better view, or just less croweded?

Thanks!

Is the reserved section for Carthay Circle different to Wine and Ariels? Is it a much better view, or just less croweded?

Thanks!
I have not done reserved dining for about 3 years now. If nothing has changed, yes CCR is different from AG and WCT. It is further back. The OP discusses this.

:wizard:

Show stopped halfway through last night. A problem with the center front water screen was obvious, and the show still looked good. First stopped or cancelled WOC show I have experienced (~100 shows).

I wonder if you booked the dessert party, if you would get a refund. I know if they have technical difficulties and cancel beforehand, they refund you...but this is halfway through the show and you've devoured your dessert.

I wonder if you booked the dessert party, if you would get a refund. I know if they have technical difficulties and cancel beforehand, they refund you...but this is halfway through the show and you've devoured your dessert.
At that point, I'd settle for maybe 5-10 'any attraction' fastpasses for the next day.

I did not do the dessert party and so don't know, but certainly hope refunds were given. A Guest Relations CM told me after the show stoppage, they were informed prior to the show it might be cancelled.

I'm way behind on this (no judgments :p) but I have to squeal with excitement ... I didn't realize they brought back the original WOC!! :love: Yes!! We were not fans of the NPH one, yeah that's what we called it. It was still showing last August when we went and I haven't paid any attention to it because I didn't realize it was just for 60th.

I may actually book the dessert party now. We've always done lunch at CC, but it would be nice to sit and watch the show. (Much better than the previous time when my husband hurt is back holding our dd so she could see.)

Yay! I'm so geeked it's the original! :banana::cool1::banana::cool1:

And no one gets my Disney excitement other than my family and they're not accessible right now so I had to come here and share my excitement with you! WOO HOO!!!!:bounce:

That's all. Carry on ...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter