World of Color Superthread

I'm confused - since when do the Fastpass cost money?
You can't just go buy a fastpass for the reserved section, it's included with the meal. I just know what I was told by the server - that my 2 year old could order the same meal for $10 less because she didn't need a fastpass.

I'm really interested in hearing from more people that have done the WOC lunch or dinner package at CC. Has anyone actually used the queue for CC and stood in the CC reserved section? How was it? Is it a good spot? What about for kids? Where is the reserved spot for CC diners on the op map?

I booked CC lunch package and stood in that section last week. It was mid-week, so only one show a night and thus pretty full overall. 2nd show on a 2-show evening is probably a better plan overall, if that works out for your schedule.

Our goal was to arrive plenty early and maybe try to get down to the lower reserved dining area, where we previously saw the show. Instead, we had a good time at Trader Sam's before the show and ended up not making it to WOC super early, but instead maybe 20-30 minutes early. It was all fine. The CC section was definitely NOT as good as the lower reserved dining section, but it was certainly good enough, gave us plenty of breathing/elbow room, and made for a more relaxed evening overall by not having to get there early and fight for spots. I guess it comes down to knowing your priorities for the particular evening--a more leisurely pace and not having to fight for the best spots or wait as long, vs to secure the more perfect viewing area. I've done both and see the advantage of each option.

One thing that was not an option for us was eating at WCT or Ariel's instead of Carthay Circle to more easily secure the best viewing area. Our experiences at the first 2 restaurants haven't been very good, while we've found CC to be fantastic (but of course, that too is highly subjective).

We have reservations at CC for the WOC in a couple weeks. There is only one show scheduled for the day so I'm assuming it will be busy. We have 530 dinner reservations for the 815 show, I assume that's probably fine. I'm a little bummed to hear that CC package is being put in the back and am concerned that my 4 yr old and I (not tall at 5'3) are not going to be able to see after buying an expensive dining package. Now I'm feeling like we should just cancel the dining package if it's not going to get us good seats. I really want my son to be able to see the show, do you think we'll be able to see from the CC section if they don't let us go to the lower section?

I booked CC lunch package and stood in that section last week. It was mid-week, so only one show a night and thus pretty full overall. 2nd show on a 2-show evening is probably a better plan overall, if that works out for your schedule.

Our goal was to arrive plenty early and maybe try to get down to the lower reserved dining area, where we previously saw the show. Instead, we had a good time at Trader Sam's before the show and ended up not making it to WOC super early, but instead maybe 20-30 minutes early. It was all fine. The CC section was definitely NOT as good as the lower reserved dining section, but it was certainly good enough, gave us plenty of breathing/elbow room, and made for a more relaxed evening overall by not having to get there early and fight for spots. I guess it comes down to knowing your priorities for the particular evening--a more leisurely pace and not having to fight for the best spots or wait as long, vs to secure the more perfect viewing area. I've done both and see the advantage of each option.

One thing that was not an option for us was eating at WCT or Ariel's instead of Carthay Circle to more easily secure the best viewing area. Our experiences at the first 2 restaurants haven't been very good, while we've found CC to be fantastic (but of course, that too is highly subjective).

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience! Do you think my 10 & 8 yr old would be able to see from the cc section?

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience! Do you think my 10 & 8 yr old would be able to see from the cc section?

Probably if you're at a railing. With kids, I'd personally get there earlier than we did. To be honest, it's been a while since I've traveled to the parks with a little one, so I'm not sure my perspective on this is the best. I'm guessing you'd be fine in the CC section, but if you really want a sure bet, I'd at least go early for the CC section, go to the 2nd show on a weekend, or else change my dining reservation to one of the other restaurants (Carthay Circle is a "must do" for me, but with kids I may be more inclined to give Ariel's another shot anyway).

I am trying to chose between a Thursday or Friday night in October to view World of Color. Both nights are Halloween Party nights at DL and Thursday only has one show while Friday has two. Will Friday be less crowded because of the two shows or should we just stick to our Thursday plans?

I am trying to chose between a Thursday or Friday night in October to view World of Color. Both nights are Halloween Party nights at DL and Thursday only has one show while Friday has two. Will Friday be less crowded because of the two shows or should we just stick to our Thursday plans?
All WOC shows are crowded. When there are two shows the second show may be a shorter wait. It was for us last month. If seeing the first show there is no difference worth thinking about.

:wizard:

So for Christmas season there will be 2 different WOC's per night. Any idea what time the shows will be at? We are going Thanksgiving week and I want to make my dining reservations. Also, if you have a fastpass for the first show, do you have to leave the area and come back in for the second show?

Do you think Celebrate or Winter Dreams is the better show? We will be at Disneyland the week before Christmas and I am hoping to do the Carthay Circle dining package but can't decide which show we should prioritize if we have the choice. This is our first trip so we have never seen either one and we are somewhat isolated in our popular culture knowledge so I don't have any major opinion about Neil Patrick Harris, don't know who he is :) and none of us have seen Frozen, amazingly enough, so that doesn't really enter into our calculations at this point. Also no little ones so we can do either show without worrying about it getting too late. I apologize if this has already been asked and answered or is the wrong thread.

We viewed WOC last Monday, Oct. 12. I obtained fast passes for the blue section first thing in the morning but knew we didn't want to wait in the main viewing area with the crowds. We decided just to see how it all played out that evening. My son wanted to ride Toy Story Mania again so we committed to the line and had thought about just skipping WOC if it didn't work out. To our surprise, the middle/top of the bridge area had open viewing spots when we walked by. We were able to enter about 20 minutes before the show started and push the kids strollers right up to the rail. It worked out great and the view was fantastic. Easy exit too as it's a narrow roped off section which they drop at the end of the show.

the middle/top of the bridge area had open viewing spots when we walked by. We were able to enter about 20 minutes before the show started and push the kids strollers right up to the rail. It worked out great and the view was fantastic. Easy exit too as it's a narrow roped off section which they drop at the end of the show.

I forgot to mention we were also able to see the Disneyland Halloween Party fireworks from this vantage point which went off right before WOC.

Can someone tell me where the yellow section has been lining up at night?

Just a heads up- we attended WOC last week (I will have to check which day- Wed I think) and I got in the blue line up about an hour before and was near the front. I went right down to the front of blue, right on the edge of the red section of the map on page 1. About 10 minutes before the show (there was only one showing) they opened up that reserved section to the blue, so we got to merge over. Sounds like they have been doing this regularly if that reserved section doesn't get anyone. We got a bit of mist twice but other than that didn't get wet.

does anybody know how the dining FP distribution will work for winter dreams versus celebrate? I have heard that you will be able to request the show you want at your meal, but I've also heard if you want winter dreams (the first show) you need to get a lunch reservation and if you want celebrate you need a dinner reservation. does anyone know for sure? I've got a dinner reservation right now but we want to see winter dreams.

We viewed WOC last Monday, Oct. 12. I obtained fast passes for the blue section first thing in the morning but knew we didn't want to wait in the main viewing area with the crowds. We decided just to see how it all played out that evening. My son wanted to ride Toy Story Mania again so we committed to the line and had thought about just skipping WOC if it didn't work out. To our surprise, the middle/top of the bridge area had open viewing spots when we walked by. We were able to enter about 20 minutes before the show started and push the kids strollers right up to the rail. It worked out great and the view was fantastic. Easy exit too as it's a narrow roped off section which they drop at the end of the show.

I'm usually solo, so keep that in mind, but I rarely show up more than 30 minutes early and I always get a decent spot. If you're willing to roll the dice, and aren't insistent on being in the front row, it's worth a shot. I'd rather be riding rides than sitting on the ground for an hour or more.

Any one been to both shows same night? Do they make you leave the section?
where did you line up if you were there only for the second show?
We know where we want to be we were there last year and It was a perfect view I hope to get there again. What time does the line start for the second show and where at?

Is there a way to find out if there are still WOC fp's available before entering the park? Thanks!

When I lasted checked (early December), both the App and Ask Otto listed the show times for that day, but they didn't seem to have any FP information available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter