Word of warning if ordering online with Hobby Lobby

LOL, I guess my curiosity has always ended at the door. I've never bothered to look up why they do it the way they do. :)

It's really not a big deal why he doesn't. He doesn't because of inventory purposes (Hobby Lobby keeps no back stock). Here is a bit of info on it (found by a simple Google search)

Green’s detractors speculate that his Christian beliefs are behind the decision. They theorize that Green sees barcodes as the “mark of the beast” referred to in the book of Revelation in the Bible. Not surprisingly, a Google search on this topic returned hundreds of personal blogs, but no published articles.

So what’s really behind the decision? The decision partially stems from Hobby Lobby’s core value of emphasizing people over profits. Green never wants to send a message to his employees that conveys, “Instead of using you, I am going to use the computer to replenish your stores.” In his book, More Than a Hobby, Green insists that barcodes just don’t pay their way. Green maintains that employees know what’s on shelves and can better help customers if they take inventory the old-fashioned way, by counting. “The computer won’t know if products are broken or stolen”, he says. “It blithely goes on telling the staff they have such-and-such, when in fact they don’t.”

Wow, thanks for the info. I had no idea they would not accept returns of items bought online in the store. They usually have the same merchandise in store that you can find online. This is the first time I have run across a retailer that will not accept online returns in the store. I have made online returns at several brick and mortar places. Thanks for the heads up, as that is definitely something that will make me think twice about ordering online there. When I have to pay local sales tax because a store I am buying from online has a store in my area, I want the benefit of being able to return the item locally.

deleted. I don't want to comment on company or OPs actions

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter