WOOHOO 1st kid free trip!!!

Discussion in 'Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers' started by LWatson, Sep 15, 2012.

1. LWatson

LWatson I Still Do!!!!

Hubby and I have decided to take our 10yr anniversary trip a few months early to avoid peak season and heat!!! We are headed to Disney Feb 13-16th!!!!! Yes, a really short trip, but it's just a quick getaway to kind of do an early celebration/valentines day trip. DH is military and is getting out on a medboard so this is probably our ONLY chance to do so. I'm so excited. We have 2ADRs already, and just need to reserve our room at SOG. I am still in shock. We have only ever gotten like 3hrs at EPCOT alone, so to have 4days in the parks w/o kids will be way different. We can finally ride things together. We both are ready for this!!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. PHLtoMCO

PHLtoMCO Disboards helps me cut back on Facebook.

Congratulations on your upcoming anniversary and trip!! I too am doing my first kid-free trip in 2 weeks. (4 nights/5days) Staying at BCV. :goodvibes

4. anjalee6

anjalee6 DIS Veteran

Good for you! We are doing the same thing. Heading to Disney November 2-5 for our 10 year anniversary. We honeymooned in Disney 10 years ago so we are heading back without the kiddos. It's a very strange feeling to plan a trip without the kids being the main focus.

5. LWatson

LWatson I Still Do!!!!

Thanks everyone.

I have changed one of our ADRs. I'm glad that it's easier to get ADRs as a couple...or it seems that way. I do wish Le Cellier was available for lunch/dinner, but we will live. I have to remember we deff weren't the only people thinking "Hey that would be romantic for Valentines day."

I did just realize we are going at the start of President's Day weekend, so I'm nervous about MK on friday the 15th, and DHS on saturday the 16th, but hey it's just 2 of us so if we have to we can do single rider lines....right.

6. Leota

Leota DIS Veteran

Congrats on your upcoming Couples Trip! We fell in love with WDW all over again when DS grew up & we started doing Disney different & Disney Couples only. We discovered a whole new World. :lovestruc

No more commando Park attacks (unless we felt like it), kicking back in the sun, relaxing, cuddling, spending the time however we felt like it...... Long, leisurely meals, lounge hopping, afternoons at the Cabana Bar & Grill (Swolphin pool bar, most excellent!)..... to be honest - the Parks were definitely part of it, but usually only til lunchtime & then maybe for Wishes or Illuminations. :cloud9

Have you guys thought about doing one of the Tours? That's a nice special adult experience. Also, even if you guys aren't drinkers (and we're really not, 2 drinks is pretty much our limit) it's fun to do a night Lounge Hopping instead of a regular dinner. Most of the lounges have some really yummy noshes & we make a traveling dinner out of it. The lounges are a nice, adult hideaway in WDW.

Enjoy!!

7. LWatson

LWatson I Still Do!!!!

We actually are the commando ones at the parks not the kids...lol. We are really excited though to take the time to really enjoy EPCOT and DHS w/o having to ride swap!!!!! Kind of excited to try French food, and drink around the world...etc. IDK if we will spend all day at MK or not yet. I am just giddy thinking about it.

8. ALFranklin

ALFranklin Mouseketeer

My husband and I just got back from a kid-free Disney trip and it was AMAZING! :thumbsup2 We are a blended family with 3 kids. He has 2 and I have 1. We got married last September in a destination wedding and couldn't afford a honeymoon too. :confused3 So, when we got our tax return this past spring we made plans for a disneymoon/anniversary. The last 3 trips I made to WDW were as a single mom with my little boy and I was so excited to have an adults-only trip. :cool1: We were able to go at our own pace and do the things that were more grown-up without worrying about doing things for the kids. It may sound selfish, but it was totally ideal. ::yes:: You and your husband are going to have the most wonderful time! Good for you for taking this time for yourselves! Congrats on 10 years and I hope your trip is the best ever! :flower3:

9. srauchbauer

srauchbauer DIS Veteran

DH and myself are doing the same thing celebrating our 10 anniversary and reconnecting in January. Planning on doing the Keys to the Kingdom tour.

10. RI Disney Star

RI Disney Star Mouseketeer

Hubby and I are doing the same thing. Although our kids are grown, it's the first time on any vacation without them. Certainly will be different, but we still are big kids inside. Looking forward to going.:yay:

Enjoy your trip!

11. t_daniels

t_daniels <font color=deeppink>They'll NEVER be replaced<br>

You'll love it!!

12. MamaJessie

MamaJessie DIS Veteran

Happy Anniversary everyone!

We are planning a trip for our ten year too, but I still have two years to go :(
    I am looking forward to going to the restaurants we never try, staying up late and trying some drinks!! Oh and not stopping at every bathroom across WDW ;)