'Wonder'ing to Alaska 9-night Cruise 7/24/17

Hi! We will be joining you! I am super excited to be heading to Alaska! I have wanted to go for years and the fact that this one is 9 nights just makes it all the better. It will be my husband, myself, and our 4 kids who will be 15,14,10 & 10 by then. Looking forward to passing the time with you and meeting you onboard.

Howdy!
I can't wait to go back to Alaska! I am super excited about this cruise. It will be my dh, me and dd(22). I have already started researching the new port (Icy Straight Point) and Glacier Bay I want to hit up all the things I didn't get to last time. I loved Alaska so much!!!
Can't wait to chat with you all!
Lynn

We're in as of now. I say that only because I think I'm still in shock about the price. I am also looking at Princess but have to confess I think this is the BEST RT itinerary that I've seen--coming from the East Coast airfare is high on the open jaws (is that the right term?)--so I really can see us trying to make this happen, even if it means moving down a category or two as more rooms open up as holds expire. Hubbard Glacier, Tracy Arm AND opportunities to fly over Glacier Bay on a RT are pretty rare, aren't they? So excited!!!!

Me, DH, DS (10 by then) and DD (7 by then). We just got off our first Disney cruise-SWDAS during Easter break. This will be my 13th cruise, DH's 4th and our kids' 2nd. DH has done Alaska before (with another woman--before we met--HA!). He really wants us all to experience it and Vancouver!

Looking forward to planning with all of you!!

Hi! We will be joining you! I am super excited to be heading to Alaska! I have wanted to go for years and the fact that this one is 9 nights just makes it all the better. It will be my husband, myself, and our 4 kids who will be 15,14,10 & 10 by then. Looking forward to passing the time with you and meeting you onboard.

Are your to be 10 year-olds boys or girls?

Hey all, we're booked for this one, despite the sticker shock. My DH really wanted to do this cruise. This will be our 2nd Wonder cruise to Alaska. We were on the 9 night in 2014 to Sitka and loved it.

However, it all depends on DD's (16) band camp schedule next summer. Fingers crossed!

Shout out to Tom, good to see you over here again. I loved your name tags!

There you are! [connecting DIS screennames to FB friends LOL]

We will be joining you! Second trip to Alaska, but first cruise there. It will be me, my mom (Grammy), and ds(15). Excited for new itinerary!

Hi all! This will be our first trip to Alaska and 2nd Disney Cruise. My state room will be me, DH and DSs 8 & 9 at that time. We're traveling with the whole family of 17 though. Normally we all camp together annually. This will be a nice camping substitution.

Will this be the birthplace of an FE group, or does that not happen in Alaska?
Yes, if there's a DISboards Fish Extender group set up, it would start here. Other sites may also have FE groups, but they are not DISboards connected.

I would love to be part of an FE!

It's a little early to start setting up a group just yet. Typically 6-8 months out is a good time to get things going. Before that, unfortunately, you'll find people who, when flush with the "I've just booked a Disney cruise" excitement, will say "I want to participate" and then you never hear from them again. This could be because of changing circumstances or change of heart and they cancel the cruise. Or they figure out there's a little more involved with it than they thought. Then you're left with a FE list full of holes (people no longer around, and un-contactable).

Until then, you can use this thread to discuss all the other things involved with taking your cruise.

I'll be there with my wife and daughter (I'm guessing that's DIS board for dw and dd???) who will be 12 by then. Good to hear Tom will be there; would be excited to meet him (but maybe I'll meet him on my ABD SoCal backstage magic trip ;)). My daughter's first trip to Alaska (wife and I have been there before) but first time to Hubbard (which is the reason I chose this cruise). Anybody know if starboard or port is the better side for Alaska trips?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter