"Wondering" if We'll Be On the Wonder November 16, 2013

Excursions. We are doing Jewel Runway Bay Beach excursion in Jamaica with the company Jamaicaforaday.com.
In Grand Cayman we are just getting a cab to the beach for the day.
In Cozumel we booked Nachi Cocum because it looks like there will be quite a few ships in port, and we have been there before and love it.

We haven't made any final decisions on excursions but our current state of mind is probably just doing a Disney excursion to the Mayan ruins in Cozumel.

Grand Cayman we'll probably just walk around town and then taxi/bus to 7 mile beach. We also want to see Hell. Just to say we went straight to Hell :rolleyes1.

Jamaica - we're looking into a private tour but not quite sure yet what we want to see....

Hello Everyone!!
We just booked our first Disney Cruise... me, My husband, daughter (5 at the time) and son (almost one year at the time) will all be there.

Anyone else cruising with infants? I am a little nervous. Our daughter was 3 yo the last time we cruised so I have no experience with that.

Looking forward to getting to know some people before the cruise. For those participating in the Fish Extenders... how does it all work? Is there a separate group? Please let me know.

Joing the FB group now....:)

Thanks!!

DH and I decided to move our trip up a month due to his job, so we won't be going on the voyage afterall. I hope everyone has a great time! :goodvibes

Also, Is there a FE Leader/Organizer? And a separate forum? My very first cruise I organized a FE, I was worried because I was new to all of this. But it went well. So if no one wants the responsibilities, I can handle it :)

DH and I decided to move our trip up a month due to his job, so we won't be going on the voyage afterall. I hope everyone has a great time! :goodvibes

Oh darn...but great for you guys...You now have 30 days less to wait :) Have a fantastic time!

Also, Is there a FE Leader/Organizer? And a separate forum? My very first cruise I organized a FE, I was worried because I was new to all of this. But it went well. So if no one wants the responsibilities, I can handle it :)

Welcome aboard! There is a facebook group as well...I think there's a link on page 2 or 3...? I'm not sure if everyone in this group is also on Facebook. Or whether we make sure everything gets cross-posted or <please insert other suggestions here> LOL

This is our first time on a cruise. Work in Galveston at Shriners Burn Hospital for children. SOOOOOOOO excited. My husband and I will be celebrating our 10th anniversary on the 22nd. We are also bringing our soon to be 18 year old so mama does not have to worry what she is doing. Of course she thinks she is Arielle in disguise so little chance to keep her home.
Cannot wait.:wizard:

FIVE MONTHS TODAY

Just in case anyone wasn't counting :rotfl:

Welcome to what could be the world's quietest Disgroup ;). What a great way to celebrate your anniversary. Dh and I still haven't been on a honeymoon. Well, I guess the correct thing to say would be every day is a honeymoon with my dh...But on a cruise with just my dh would be even better :hug:

Darn, he doesn't read the disboards so I just wasted that compliment.

I'm so counting!! I have been trying to keep extra busy to help the time fly by. We are remodeling the kids rooms and I just got done painting the new beds we built. What is everybody else doing to stay busy??

I'm so counting!! I have been trying to keep extra busy to help the time fly by. We are remodeling the kids rooms and I just got done painting the new beds we built. What is everybody else doing to stay busy??

Doing? What, you mean besides slowly losing my grip on reality!? :rotfl2:

Luckily (?) this is the busiest season at work so not too much down time during the day (says the woman who is posting this message from her work computer :confused3).

Next week is the last week of school for the kiddos so will be busy doing (hopefully) fun stuff through the summer. The September to November will be the hardest part, I bet. Although it'll be nice once the Wonder is in Galveston again and hopefully people start posting some Navigators to drool over!

We still haven't told the kids. DH is leaning towards the 100 day mark to tell them...but we haven't finalized the *how* yet! We have great fun coming up with different scenarios. I may just get exasperated one of these days when I'm trying to get them out of bed in the morning and yell 'by the way, we're cruising in November'...and see if that lights a fire under them :rolleyes2.

Oh yeah, and somebody went into my closet and sprinkled some very un-pixie dust because all of my summer clothes seem to have shrunk over the winter. Hmm...how could that be?

I agree it's fun to figure out how to tell them. I created a scavenger hunt. The morning we leave we are going to let them do the scavenger hunt. Our boys are 6 and 4 and I can't listen to "isit time yet" for 5 months lol plus our oldest will make himself sick being so excited, and he will agonize over every detail. I am actually looking forward to September because fall soccer will keep us über busy till the 1st week of November. Only 150 more days.....

I agree it's fun to figure out how to tell them. I created a scavenger hunt. The morning we leave we are going to let them do the scavenger hunt. Our boys are 6 and 4 and I can't listen to "isit time yet" for 5 months lol plus our oldest will make himself sick being so excited, and he will agonize over every detail. I am actually looking forward to September because fall soccer will keep us über busy till the 1st week of November. Only 150 more days.....

Oooh...a scavenger hunt would be cool! We're thinking of telling them some time in August (around about the 100 day mark) so we could even set up an outdoor hunt..Hmm...

When we went to Disneyland for the first time, we told them the morning we left. That was AWESOME! Although stupidly I videotaped the reveal and their excitement, then I turned off the camcorder, and then my eldest (9 at the time) asked 'are you guys just kidding?' and without thinking, my dh said 'yes'....Oh my...It was elation to devastation in less than a nanosecond! Poor dh had to then explain that he was just kidding about just kidding and yes, we really really really were going to Disneyland :lmao:

Our soon to be 18 year old Rachael, was involved in all of the planning. She is disappointed because while she is a senior in high school because of her Sept. birthday she will not be allowed to hang out in the teen clubs. Rumors are that they have college age gatherings scheduled. sure hope so. But she is great with little kids having 12 nieces and nephews, plus she does not know she is really almost grown! We are all so excited. Family wants to go to Margaritaville in Falmouth so they can have a cheeseburger in paradise. I just want to have this trip paid off so I can enjoy the planning.

Hello all! We are going on the 11/16 sailing of the Wonder, celebrating our 35th anniversary. Our 12 year old son will be with us, and some great friends (couple) are also going. We are HOPING to surprise our son, but it's going to be very hard not to talk about it during for the next few months! Soooooo excited!

Hello! I am TJSkinner's daughter Rachael. She has been talking so much about the thread I just had to join in to find things out for myself. As she said I am about to be 18 and am worried about finding stuff to do on the cruise. I read somewhere about a college celebration or something they do, but I don't think there will be a lot of college students on a cruise in November! But I am still hoping for the best.

Rachael, I'm not 100% sure on this, but I think you can still hang out with the Vibe group even though you're 18. As long as you're in high school, I think they let you in.
I'm sure you'll have lots of fun, regardless. There's a lot to do for all age groups.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!