Wonderful DVC discounts at the Disneyland Resort.

mikelan6

World Traveler, Usually Optimistic
I just returned from a few days at the Disneyland Resort and have to say how thankful I am for the DVC discount. I received a discount at every dining and shopping location I presented the card (except for Crystal Arts / Arribas Brothers). 10% added up to quite a good discount in some places.

When I compare the Disneyland discounts to the discounts we get at WDW, it's pathetic. At WDW, the DVC card is hardly accepted. I never could understand how a WDW restaurant chose which discount they would accept. Either they should give a discount to all, or to none.

Many of the venues are not owned by Disney, restaurants, shops, even kiosks may be privately owned and any discounts are negotiated yearly.

:earsboy: Bill

Just be glad you didn't encounter "Paul from West Covina" at the main street shop. Apparently he felt DW was trying to fool him with the digital membership card. "That's just a piece of paper, ma'am" LOL. Fortunately a quick call to member services cleared up the confusion quickly.

You're right, though. At DL, just about every retailer and food place in the park (except the kiosks) gave 10%. It's probably to encourage west coasters about Aulani, if I had to guess, but still nice to get something. There's also most likely a lot less DVCers on the west coast and at DL resort considering where the vast majority of the properties are located. We stayed at embassy suites even having points available since it was just easier and cheaper.

I just returned from a few days at the Disneyland Resort and have to say how thankful I am for the DVC discount. I received a discount at every dining and shopping location I presented the card (except for Crystal Arts / Arribas Brothers). 10% added up to quite a good discount in some places.

When I compare the Disneyland discounts to the discounts we get at WDW, it's pathetic. At WDW, the DVC card is hardly accepted. I never could understand how a WDW restaurant chose which discount they would accept. Either they should give a discount to all, or to none.

On the flip side, there's only a $20 AP discount at DL vs $100 at WDW.

The 10% food & merchandise discount at DL is the same as they give AP holders.

In addition, it seemed most DL merchants would ask, "do you have an AP?"
Which was always a great reminder and made an easy, "no, but I do have a DVC member card"

It's amazing how something so little made me feel more valued at DL than I often feel at WDW.

We just return d home from a week at the park and we took full advantage of the DVC discount. I ought my wife several pandora charms and was able to get the additional 10% discount which added up quite nicely

DLR is discount friendly. I have been a cm for 18 years and can tell you when I go to WDW I only get discount on merchandise and table service restaurants during certain times (where they add 18% gratuity and bad service because they know they are getting a tip anyways.) and at resort hotel quick service,whereas here I get my discount at all food locations minus the odv carts. WDW CMs tell me yeah well at least we have great discounts on hotels here then out in California which I guess is ok if your not a DVC member.

On the flip side, there's only a $20 AP discount at DL vs $100 at WDW.

The 10% food & merchandise discount at DL is the same as they give AP holders

This is true for the lower AP's but for the higher AP's it's 15% for food & 20% for merchandise. We had both the higher end AP's for a while BEFORE they changed the names of them recently but I believe the discounts remain the same. :flower3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter