1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Wonder out of Miami

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by Mtkgal, Dec 19, 2012.

1. Melissa S

Melissa S DIS Veteran

Can anyone confirm if there was express check off at MIA? We did it NYC and loved it. We had breakfast at the buffet and were off the boat by 7am and DH was on time for work. Although in March we won't have the pressure of being at work that day, it was nice not having to wait for luggage and try to make it through the crowds.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. ZoeBell

ZoeBell Mouseketeer

Yes they had it, BUT because of the weather we didn't get to Miami until around 8:00. Nobody was cleared to leave the ship until maybe 8:30-8:45ish.

4. neg58

neg58 DIS Veteran

Yes, there were people who toted their own luggage off at 7:15. One thing that is very different than Port Canaveral is that the porter are not as plentiful and not as helpful. In PC, we were asked 10 times in the luggage room if we needed help, and not once in Miami. I had a pocketful of $$1, and no takers. I also thought the customs people were a little slower in Miami.

Nancy

5. liz4820

liz4820 Earning My Ears

hi just wondering if there's a specific order they let you off to the islands in? Does it get really crazy when you're getting off in Cast Away cay? I have 3 kids and just want to know what to expect.

6. ZoeBell

ZoeBell Mouseketeer

We didn't go to CC. We went to Grand Cayman and Cozumel. In Grand Cayman you need to go to the BV theatre and get a tender ticket. The tender were leaving with hardly anyone on them. We were in the theatre about 8:30 and waited with about 60 for the next tender. All said about 100 because we're on the tender. The whole process from the time we went to the theatre till we hit land was about 30 minutes.

In Cozumel you left whenever you wanted too. Just walked right off.

7. cwdefouw

cwdefouw DVC Member since 1999

Thanks for this very good description. Now I know exactly what to expect.

8. neg58

neg58 DIS Veteran

Except that I screwed up - the supervisor's desk is the first on the RIGHT. All the check in windows are on the RIGHT as you walk in from security.

Sorry.

Nancy

9. RedxPanda

RedxPanda DIS Veteran

When we visited CC on the Magic last year, debark was quick, not what I would consider crazy. The ship docks at CC, so just wait for the all ashore announcement and walk off in line with everyone else. Getting back on is even easier... as they don't have to check you nearly as closely because you are on their island not a foreign port.

10. Gracies Moms

Gracies Moms Mouseketeer

For those of you that sailed out of Miami - Did anyone mail anything to the port ahead of time? Any issues? Have any info?

We're thinking we MIGHT have to ship our FE gifts ahead of time.

Thanks!