Wonder or Dream

catflorida

Registered
If you were sailing one bedroom concierge, which would you choose. The Dream with the concierge lounge or the Wonder because it is a smaller ship. No children, so Remy on the Dream is a consideration. Same basic itinerary to the Bahamas. Thank you!

I would do dream. I have never sail concierge. However we will be in January. Everything I have read really talks about how the lounge makes the experience much better.

I haven't done the Wonder yet, but with the same itinerary, I would do the Dream. Based on my research, it's a more appealing ship to me.

Depends on how much you think you would use the lounge. We used it a lot on our cruises on the Fantasy...had breakfast in there, often had lunch and/or late afternoon snacks in there, popped in frequently for a cappuccino or to replenish our supply of soda or water, and took advantage of both free happy hours each day. We also love the social aspect of the lounge...getting to know the concierge hosts and bartender and the other passengers.

You should also consider if you would make use of the concierge sundeck, which the classic ships do not have. And obviously, as you mentioned, if you want to go to Remy, that pretty much makes the decision for you.

We did Alaska on the Wonder and it was great, but we definitely missed the Lounge. If you do wind up going on the Wonder, I particularly love the 1-bedroom suites with the alternate layouts and the triple-wide verandahs (8032, 8034, 8532, 8534).

I am in 8532 on the Wonder for April 2016, on a four night. I will be on the Dream this May and on the Magic in January. I wanted to try all the ships but I am wondering if I will miss Remy and the lounge on the Dream. If I change ships it will be from a four night Wonder to a three night Dream. We live in South Florida. The Miami Port is less than an hour away and Port Canaveral only about 2 1/2, so doing 3 night cruises is easy. I am really having a hard time deciding this.

I am in 8532 on the Wonder for April 2016, on a four night. I will be on the Dream this May and on the Magic in January. I wanted to try all the ships but I am wondering if I will miss Remy and the lounge on the Dream. If I change ships it will be from a four night Wonder to a three night Dream. We live in South Florida. The Miami Port is less than an hour away and Port Canaveral only about 2 1/2, so doing 3 night cruises is easy. I am really having a hard time deciding this.

Even though I love the Concierge Lounge, I wouldn't change for such a short cruise. I personally think the extra day of cruising makes up for the lack of a Lounge.

8532 is a great room. We had it for Alaska last summer. The triple-wide verandah is AWESOME.

IMG_0176.JPG

We have sailed the Wonder several times and have loved it however, I'd choose the Dream. The Wonder still seems to get the accolades from the travel industry along with the newer ships. We've yet to sail the Magic, are doing so in May, but in order we like the Fantasy, the Dream, the Wonder and we'll see where the Magic fits in. Good luck with your choice. Either way, you can't go wrong. We travel as a family so Palo and Remy aren't something we do, sorry to say but with older teens we want to have every moment with them now. If you do the Wonder and want to something a little more special, book a great day at the spa with a Palo brunch. Happy sailing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter