wonder on our local news today

tigger53

"It all started with a mouse!"
there i was sitting at work eating my lunch and watching gloom and doom on our local news station WPVI when suddenly i see a disney ship. karen rogers the reporter was on the wonder down by the mickey pool doing a live report and letting locals from our area say hi, then she went up on deck 10 and showed the clear waters where they were docked, since this is tuesday i figured them to be in castaway cay but i couldn't tell for sure if it was or if they were in nassau. the shot was very brief . this sure made my day. the people i work with couldn't understand why i was so excited, they're not to disney friendly.:confused:

tigger,
I am also in Philly. I watch WPVI all the time. On Thanksgiving they will show the ship again.

O.k., here's the crazy quesiton, why?

I remember watching WPVI the day Karen Rogers (who fills in for the weather person a lot) told her co-anchors that she and her family were going on the Disney cruise. They teased her about getting the "tough" assignments and she laughed. WPVI (Philadelphia's local ABC affiliate) is owned by Disney, but still not sure about the nature of her assignment. Karen also does Disney World reports on Thanksgiving and Christmas, I believe. Sign me up for her job!!

We're from the Philly area as well and we just left the Wonder on Sunday morning. :mad: But as we were getting off, DH pointed out professional camera equipment being loaded below - he figured some kind of show was being filmed. Now I wonder (ha!) if it was WPVI getting on.

Once again, small world!

thanks for the info! Glad you locals are able to get these special reports!

I saw that report too!! I think Ch.6 gave away a free cruise to a family, so she went along to report on it. Lucky girl.

Actually, my wife and I were at the AK 2 years ago, when my wife Jenine spotted Karen Rogers on a bridge. We saw the cameras, so I went back and made some comment, can't remember what, but they invited us to do an interview with them. They took us over to Dinoland, where they filmed us for the Thanksgiving day parade to be aired in Philly. My wife did all the talking and I only got to wave, but it was still cool.

BTW-Karen was such a nice lady. She was pregnant and the temps were like 95 degrees, so she must REALLY be a nice woman! ;)

I'm hoping to catch her again today on the 12 pm news!:hyper:

the wonder was on again today broadcasting live from the day at sea. karen rogers had on some lucky people who had won their cruise thru boscov. i heard more talk that alot of the ships segments will be aired on the thanksgiving day parade show.

I own an entertainment company and I was working at LOVE PARK in Center City Philadelphia yesterday (hired by ABC). They were broadcasting live and then switched over to Karen Rogers on the Wonder. It's a pre-Thanksgiving Day parade promotion and like someone else said, ABC is owned by Disney. The funny thing is, it was a high of 42 yesterday and we were FROZEN in the park because there was no sun. When Dave Roberts was on the mic he was explaining that Karen Rogers was SO SORRY THAT SHE COULDN'T BE THERE. It was painful watching her on the Wonder! They are collecting clips for the parade. We would have rather worked on the WONDER, but my husband got a hug from Cecily, so he couldn't be happier!

ug, I missed this topic, and the broadcast

In this house, ABC and NBC, one of the two are almost ALWAYS on

Now, every time I see her on TV, Im going to be angry that she can be in the Bahamas during this blasted weather :smooth: pirate:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter