Wonder May 28, 2006

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Meets' started by Petenboo04, Jan 4, 2006.

1. Petenboo04

Petenboo04 Earning My Ears

Hi everyone! Not sure what happened to our original post, must have been away too long. Hope to hear from all who will be on this cruise. My DD 18, will be 19 by that time and I are very excited and can't wait. Will be with two newbies to cruising. Hope to chat with all soon.
    Laurel

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Cinderelli

Cinderelli DIS Veteran

Great to see someone else sailing on this date. We've been booked since last April. I get on these boards frequently, but have never seen any posts for this date. We've never cruised before, so we are newbies, too. We actually just got our package from DCL today, stating the amount due by 3/15 and listing the excursions, etc. I was so excited, I had to get on the DisBoards and low and behold, saww this post.

I would love to see a link to the previous thread. Or, we can start a new one.

It will be myself (40 something), DH (40 something), DD12, DS10 and DD9. We are really looking forward to it, and hopefully can meet up with some other Disers onboard.

Laurel - I see you are from Fl, too. How cool.

Thanks for the post!

Lissa

4. Petenboo04

I had originally started a link a few months ago, but it has been awhile with the holidays since me or the two other disers have been on it, so it might have been removed. Hope they find this new one. It would be great if we could all meet up on the cruise. This will be our third Wonder cruise and my friend, she is 40 something and her DD15, first. Hope we can keep this going until our wonderful cruise.

We are from Fort Myers. Where are you located?

5. mikerry

mikerry Mouseketeer

Hi! I'm so glad you started a new thread. I even emailed the web folks to ask where we went!

My DH (40 something), myself (40 something) and DD 10 and DD 8 will be cruisin' with you folks on May 29th.
    Hope we can get together to meet!

Kerry

6. Cinderelli

Cinderelli DIS Veteran

Laurel - We're from Tampa. Ft Myers is lovely. My in-laws used to vacation down there. Very pretty area. Hopefully we can meet up while on the cruise. It will be so much fun with all of the new cruisers (your friend & daughter are new, right?).

Kerry - you have dd's around my youngest age. She just turned 9 on Christmas Eve. My oldest dd will be 12 in just a few weeks, so she's not much older. Looking forward to meeting everyone. It's our first cruise. The kids are sooooooooooooo excited. They are really looking forward to trying the Kid's Clubs. I hope they enjoy the activities.

Looking forward to hearing more from everyone as our countdown gets closer and closer.

Lissa

7. Petenboo04

Hey Kerry, glad you found the new thread. Hope all is well with you and your family. Hope your holidays were great.

Hopefully more people will find us and we can get a meet going for the cruise. If not, hope to meet up with you and Lissa.

My friend Mary and her daughter Morgan are new to cruising and getting very excited, as are all of us. Can't believe it is right around the corner.

Hope this thread stays active til then. Talk to both of you soon.
    Laurel

8. mikerry

mikerry Mouseketeer

HI Lauren & Lissa,
    It sounds like we are all in the same "boat" (pun intended) - all about "40 something" and lots of kids in the tween age group and up to teen. I look forward to trying to keep our thread alive! :cool1:

Kerry

9. Petenboo04

Hey Kerry! I am so very excited about the cruise. Just went back to weight watchers today to try and lose about 35 pounds before May 28. I will be 39 on January 18 and since separating with my husband last week need something to keep me focused. Talk to you soon.

10. Cinderelli

Cinderelli DIS Veteran

Laurel - I hear you on the weight thing. I want to loose about 15 pounds before the cruise. I'm sure it will come back on in the 4 days we're on the boat, tee hee! It's those last 10-15 that are the toughest. I just can't seem to get rid of them. Good Luck to you. Best wishes on hanging tough on the separation thing, too. I haven't been thru it, but I'm sure it's VERY rough. Keep focused. Maybe the cruise is just what you need :sunny: .

A Very Happy Birthday to you :wizard: .

Looking forward to keeping the thread alive!

Lissa

11. wannabecruiser

wannabecruiser Mouseketeer

We will be cruisin too!!! Me 40ish, DS 12 Sis-in-law 40ish niece 24!!! I see a lot of kids the same age as my son, I am so glad to finally see other people have posted for this date!!! I can not wait, We all are first time cruisers. I have been reading these boards for a year now to get ready for the cruise!!! I can't wait!!!!!!!!!

One more thing.............. :cool1:

HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO!!!!!!!!!!!!! :banana:
    Denver bound!

12. Petenboo04

Thanks Lissa. The cruise is definitely one thing that is keeping me focused. The separation is rough, but not as bad as I thought it was going to be. I am enjoying my newfound independence :sunny: Good Luck to you on the weight thing! Those last 10-15 are a killer :goodvibes Thanks for the B-Day wish. Turning 39 is not making me very happy :eek:

We will be heading to Cape Canaveral the Friday before the cruise. Is anyone else heading up early?

Welcome Wannabecruiser :banana: I have done the same thing with the boards. It is definitely very helpful with all the planning. Hope we can all meet up on the cruise or maybe on Saturday if others go up early.

13. mikerry

mikerry Mouseketeer

Hi Everyone!
    We are doing the Land/Sea package so we will be at the Animal Kingdom Lodge until Sunday morning. Then I guess we get to ride the Disney bus to the Port. :scared1:

I'm glad there are so many kids in the same age group among us! :goodvibes Our girls are getting excited (already) and always asking to see our ticker and how much longer we have to wait!

Best to you, Laurel during this time. It's tough but can be the best thing you ever did (was for me 15 years ago!). Take care and sorry about the typo I did on your name in a previous post. (I've got a girlfriend named Lauren so must have been doing "auto-type". :confused3 )
    Kerry

14. Cinderelli

Cinderelli DIS Veteran

wannabecruiser - we are HUGE Steelers fans! My DH is originally from Rochester, which is north of Pittsburgh. We all about had a heart attack and 1/2 on Sunday. Can't wait til this week. GO STEELERS! Glad to hear you are cruising with us. My son will be almost 11 when we go. Hope we can meet up with everyone.

Lissa

15. Petenboo04

Just wanted to wish everyone a happy week and give our thread a bump back to page 1 :tigger: Hope to hear from all of you :wave2:

16. wannabecruiser

Glad to see other Steelers fans will be cruisin too!!! Hopefully our sons will bump into each other and become friends!!!
    Oh Yeah one more thing.....................
    I GOTTA FEELING PITTSBURGH GOIN TO THE SUPER BOWL!!!!!

17. Cinderelli

Cinderelli DIS Veteran

Wannebecruiser,

We couldn't resist. We're heading over to the DIS (staying off-site) this weekend. My DH was ready to book tickets to Detroit, but I convinced him that watching the game at the Happiest Place on Earth would be just as good (and a whole lot cheaper). We're taking family from PA with us, so it will be a reunion/Super Bowl Party. Go Steelers!!!!!

Lissa

18. Petenboo04

Hope you have a great weekend Lissa!! :sunny: Wish I was going to Orlando this weekend. It seems every time I am there I just feel so much better.

I can't believe our cruise is in less than five months :yay: I wasn't very good my first two weeks of dieting, with my birthday and us being in Orlando, but have lost three pounds this past week :woohoo: , 47 more to go :rolleyes2

Hope everyone has a great weekend and hope to hear from all of you :wizard:

19. Petenboo04

Just wanted to congratulate all of you Steeler fans :woohoo: Hope everyone had a great weekend :sunny: Hope to hear from all of you soon.

Would like to know if everyone would like to arrange a meet sometime on the cruise?

20. wannabecruiser

What a weekend, now since our Steelers won the Big One.....I am all ready to cruise!!! I think everyone may recongize me I will be the one taking pictures of me and my terrible towel all over the place!!!! The same towel I have had for about 20 years now!!! But I am also thinking I may just leave it at home where it has always been and get the newest one to take on the cruise...........the won that says SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!!!!

I am so excited for this cruise it has been a long time planning, and now it will be here quicker than we all realize.

21. Petenboo04

I am very excited and just wanted to share, had my second weigh in at Weight Watchers and have lost another 3.2 pounds, only 44 more to go before the cruise :thumbsup2 Not sure if it will happen but am staying optimistic :teeth: Maybe I'll be lucky and will have some fairy dust behind me :wizard:

Hope all is well with everyone :wave2: Hope to hear :listen: more from everyone!!

Laurel