Wonder(lots of pics)-8 people, 4 nights and 2 trips to CC–July 27-31 (complete w/WDW)

I love the Picture of Minnie Mouse!!! :) so cute in her little sailor dress!

I agree! I was surprised when I saw the pic that I was able to catch her "mid-air."

Super awesome. What time does that start? Do they set up chairs in the atrium then? Though I never have been on the ship, isn;t that a small area to have a show, or do not many people come?
I definatley want to, seeing your photos.
So did you stay one extra night in FL before flying out? I am actually thinking about that. DD will be lacking sleep and I was thinking if we jsut got a room that day and slept and relaxed, the plane ride might be more pleasant. Our trip to WDW in March, she was so overtired and had gotten sick one day, and she was having totla meltdowns at the aipr port and plane til lwe took off and hten she fell asleep. It was so embarrassing and at the same time I felt for her too. I know DH wil lwant to get home ASAP, but I think a day of nothing will do us all good before jumping back into life.

The show starts at about 10:00 pm. No chairs...just standing and people are leaning over the railings from the deck above the Atrium also. Lots of people are there and it is pretty crowded, but VERY organized (as you would expect Disney to be). We didn't stay an extra night, but did get the day room at the Hyatt after the cruise. I'm hoping to have my final update with all of that info up before the weekend is over.

BTW..Who is the girl with Peter Pan?

She is from the show Enchanted Dreams. We didn't see it (it was on the last night), but they introduced her as being from that show.

thanks for sharing

You're welcome! :goodvibes Thanks for reading and posting!

Love the latest update - don't know how I managed to miss it before now. We didn't catch the 'Till we meet again' event last cruise so will make sure to see it next time.

I am so sad your trip (and report) is nearly over :sad1:

Only 6 days until our trip. You have been so helpful! We just hope Hannah doesn't come anywhere near us! So, can you carry your own luggage off? I am getting hungry thinking of the good food available. Thanks for the great report...anyone else leaving on the 7th? Ann Allen

Only 6 days until our trip. You have been so helpful! We just hope Hannah doesn't come anywhere near us! So, can you carry your own luggage off? I am getting hungry thinking of the good food available. Thanks for the great report...anyone else leaving on the 7th? Ann Allen

I am so glad that I could help you. My prayers are with you to avoid Hannah. You can carry your own luggage off - but we put it out the night before and let DCL deal with it. We used online check in and didn't see it again until we went to baggage claim when we landed at home. It was wonderful.

Have a great trip!

Our final morning:

Rina and Lizzietish had an 11:45 flight out of MCO and Nana and Bubba had a 12:15 flight, so the four of them got up early and made it to our set breakfast time at 6:45 a.m. with our servers in Parrot Cay. Our flight for the four of us was not until 5:00 p.m., so we decided to not rush the girls, and try to get to breakfast at 6:45.

The other four were our wakeup call and came in to say goodbye to the girls and then they were off to breakfast. We slowly woke up and made it to Beach Blanket Buffet right before 8:00 a.m. It was a nice breakfast, but a little sad because we had all of our carryons and knew we would have to go straight to disembark after breakfast.

That is what happened…..breakfast, disembark, through customs and straight onto a DCL bus back to MCO. It was a very fast experience and we had no problems. We had used onboard check in for our flight, so no need to get our luggage – it was on its way to our home airport (we hoped!).

Once settled on the DCL bus, they again had some fun videos and we all sat back and relaxed.

DD2 and DH took advantage of the quiet time, after a VERY long, busy and FUN week:

goodbye.jpg

We arrived at MCO and we headed straight back to the Hyatt. We had reserved a day room and were looking forward to relaxing a little more before getting on our flight. We got to MCO at about 10:00 a.m. and our flight wasn’t until 5:00 p.m., so it was perfect. We checked into our room, and the girls played, watched some TV and DH rested.

This is much better than sitting in the airport terminal for 6 hours:

lauradisney08208-1.jpg

I took advantage of the quiet time to “shop” in the terminal. The girls had some spending money left, so we went down to the Disney stores and also checked out the Del Sol in the terminal. We also bought some last minute gifts for friends back home. At about 1:00 we all headed down to the food court to get lunch (a nice leisurely lunch without our carryons). Then we returned to the room for a couple more hours.

We checked out at about 3:30 p.m. (I had been watching the security lines from our balcony of our room – and noticed the lines were pretty short, so we took advantage of that time) and got through security in under 10 minutes.

We hung out at our gate, bought some dinner food for the flight and then boarded. Had an uneventful flight, landed at home, got our luggage, retrieved our car from long term parking and were in our home in Virginia by 9:30 p.m.

The trip that I had spent the last 13 months planning was over, and Disney Depression set in.

So what did I do?

1. I immediately started working on our Disney Scrapbook (I use Creative Memories digital scrapbooking) and had it complete and in my hands within the week.

disneyscrap001.jpg

disneyscrap002.jpg

disneyscrap003.jpg

disneyscrap004.jpg

2. I started planning our next Disney trip – not a cruise, but our first MNSSHP in Oct. 09

And 3. I am anxiously waiting for 2010 dates to be announced – maybe a summer ’10 7 night?

:teacher: School starts tomorrow for all four of us – DD1 will be in third grade, DD2 will be in first grade, I will be teaching my 19th class of fourth graders, and DH will be teaching fifth grade. We’ve basically got elementary school covered this year.

Thanks so much for reading and “going” on this trip with us. It’s been fun!

I’ll leave you with some random pics from the 4 days at WDW and WL before we boarded the Wonder:

DisneyPhotoImage51.jpg

disney08234.jpg

disney08138.jpg

DisneyPhotoImage73.jpg

DisneyPhotoImage71.jpg

disney08479.jpg

disney08024.jpg

lauradisney08075.jpg

Again, thanks for "playing!" All questions or comments are welcome, I would love to continue to "talk" about our trip with anyone who wants to. :goodvibes

Your trip report and pictures have been great. My DH and I have enjoyed reading it so much! We leave in 40 days for our second Wonder cruise and your report has been so entertaining. We can't wait to go!

Love your scrapbook!! I have done some scrapbooking but have found it so time consuming I have not done anything in years. The digital scrapbooking has always intrigued me and the Creating Memories one you did is beautiful! I may have to give it a try.

Thanks again for your time in putting this trip report together!!

Laura

Great review. I wish I was with you. I know what you mean about depression. I have it after each WDW trip. I still haven't done a scarpbook from our March trip, so maybe I should get started. I haven't printed all my photopass pics, so I guess I'll get them ordered and start.
I sure hope I can talk DH in doing this cruise. You made it look so fun and wonderful.
How much was the day room at the Hyatt?
Do you think the Disney buss is worth the price? I am debating on just getting a car, but it would be nice not to have to worry and kick back and relax too.

Thank you so much for sharing your adventures with us! I really enjoyed reading it. And your scrapbooks are so professional! :thumbsup2

What a great TR!! I loved all the pics! Both the ones you took and the cm on the ship.
I also have the Disney CM digital scrapbooking kit. I have not done my May trip yet but hope to soon so I can give a book to the grandparents for Christmas-they took us on the cruise.
The Til We Meet Again party looked great-we skipped it since our girls were young and exhausted-not for our next cruise though.
Great,great report!

I love the photo book. It looks great.
You all look like you had such a great time. It makes me wish it was next year already.

I have really enjoyed your TR! Your daughters are adorable!

You have done a fabulous job on your TR! I have loved every min of reading it. And your girls are truely beautiful. Loved all the pics! :)

Thank you so much for your report...it makes me SO excited for our upcoming cruise...not that I wasn't already!! :thumbsup2

Love your scrapbook...I have heard about them...I might have to give it a whurl...I always wanted to make bookes for my DDs and that would be the way to do it!

Just wanted to say what a great trip report :thumbsup2 I am in the early planning stages for our 2010 holiday and wondering if we could tag a 3/4 night cruise onto it. After seeing your photo's I definitely want to set sail :)

Thanks for posting such an entertaining report :goodvibes

Loved the report! Could you tell how you made that scrapbook? I loved it! I have never done scrapbooking, but I might like digital ones.
Thanks!

Your photos reminded me of our trips when our girls were little. We are going this year and they are teens. It just isn't the same at all. Enjoy those magical trips with your little ones. They are precious!

DJ

Your trip report and pictures have been great. My DH and I have enjoyed reading it so much! We leave in 40 days for our second Wonder cruise and your report has been so entertaining. We can't wait to go!

Love your scrapbook!! I have done some scrapbooking but have found it so time consuming I have not done anything in years. The digital scrapbooking has always intrigued me and the Creating Memories one you did is beautiful! I may have to give it a try.

Thanks again for your time in putting this trip report together!!

Laura

You're welcome! It's been a lot of fun to write. The digital scrapbooking is great! It is so easy and there is no mess.;)

Great review. I wish I was with you. I know what you mean about depression. I have it after each WDW trip. I still haven't done a scarpbook from our March trip, so maybe I should get started. I haven't printed all my photopass pics, so I guess I'll get them ordered and start.
I sure hope I can talk DH in doing this cruise. You made it look so fun and wonderful.
How much was the day room at the Hyatt?
Do you think the Disney buss is worth the price? I am debating on just getting a car, but it would be nice not to have to worry and kick back and relax too.

Thanks for the kind words. The day room at the Hyatt was about $100.00 including all extra taxes and fees. It was worth it to not have to sit in the terminal for 6 hours.

I think the DCL buses are worth it, just for the convenience. They may be a bit more expensive, but to be able to relax and get excited was worth it.

Thank you so much for sharing your adventures with us! I really enjoyed reading it. And your scrapbooks are so professional! :thumbsup2

Thanks!

What a great TR!! I loved all the pics! Both the ones you took and the cm on the ship.
I also have the Disney CM digital scrapbooking kit. I have not done my May trip yet but hope to soon so I can give a book to the grandparents for Christmas-they took us on the cruise.
The Til We Meet Again party looked great-we skipped it since our girls were young and exhausted-not for our next cruise though.
Great,great report!

Thanks! We almost skipped the Till We Meet Again, but decided to skip the show that evening instead and rest up for the "final goodbye!"

I love the photo book. It looks great.
You all look like you had such a great time. It makes me wish it was next year already.

It was a great time. I wish we were going back soon!

I have really enjoyed your TR! Your daughters are adorable!

Thanks so much! We had a great time.

You have done a fabulous job on your TR! I have loved every min of reading it. And your girls are truely beautiful. Loved all the pics! :)

Thanks! We probably took close to 800 pics from DCL and WDW.

Thank you so much for a wonderful trip report. It makes me want to go right now.

Thanks!

Thank you so much for your report...it makes me SO excited for our upcoming cruise...not that I wasn't already!! :thumbsup2

Love your scrapbook...I have heard about them...I might have to give it a whurl...I always wanted to make bookes for my DDs and that would be the way to do it!

Thanks! The scrapbooking is great. It is so easy and there is no mess to clean up afterward. Just click save and exit the program.

Just wanted to say what a great trip report :thumbsup2 I am in the early planning stages for our 2010 holiday and wondering if we could tag a 3/4 night cruise onto it. After seeing your photo's I definitely want to set sail :)

Thanks for posting such an entertaining report :goodvibes

Thanks! It was a lot of fun to write.

Loved the report! Could you tell how you made that scrapbook? I loved it! I have never done scrapbooking, but I might like digital ones.
Thanks!

Your photos reminded me of our trips when our girls were little. We are going this year and they are teens. It just isn't the same at all. Enjoy those magical trips with your little ones. They are precious!

DJ

Thanks! I definitely am taking advantage of the girls being young right now, they love WDW and had a great time on the cruise.

The scrapbooking is through Creative Memories, you would have to find a consultant to help you with the program. Prior to using this, I used to make my books through shutterfly.com It is very easy and is all online. You need to upload your pictures to the site and then create a photo book.

Your report was awesome..I do suggest you catch Disney Dreams if you get to go again...it was awesome!!! We didn't go to the "goodbye" party as we just were too tired and I guess weren't sure how it worked...we showed up at 11..the time our navigator said and it was all meet and greet with photo ops...so we will try to do it next time...cause surely there will be a next time!LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!