Wonder June 22nd, 2015: 7 night Alaska (6/22/15)

disney4lif said:
After nine years of waiting for the perfect time, we finally booked our first Disney Cruise!! Alaska here we come! We're a family of 5 with 3 little ones. My darling daughter is 9 (I started saving Disney Dollars when she was born), my son 8 and my youngest daughter will be 6 at the time of cruising. Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Welcome! Our DD will be six when we cruise too :-)

I am not on Facebook, so if there are any updates for this group there, could someone let me know? Thanks!

momof34man said:
I am not on Facebook, so if there are any updates for this group there, could someone let me know? Thanks!

No worries...announcements, sign-ups, etc are all duplicated so that everyone can be included! Especially check out the first post this thread for updates to group info. It's just quiet here because we're still a ways out. Only 230 more days though...woot woot!

Yeah - only 230 days! I have our flights booked and our hotel booked for the night before in Vancouver. Does anyone else have a hotel booked for the night before? We fly in at Noon on the 21st. I am thinking of visiting the Vancouver Aquarium. Does anyone else have any ideas for that day? Anyone interested in meeting up before we get on the cruise?

Dopey4Life said:
Yeah - only 230 days! I have our flights booked and our hotel booked for the night before in Vancouver. Does anyone else have a hotel booked for the night before? We fly in at Noon on the 21st. I am thinking of visiting the Vancouver Aquarium. Does anyone else have any ideas for that day? Anyone interested in meeting up before we get on the cruise?

We're flying in early in the afternoon on the 20th. Tentatively I'm planning on exploring Stanley Park that day (either rent bikes or do the carriage tour), and then doing Capilano suspension bridge and Grouse Mountain the next day (weather permitting). We thought about the aquarium, but there were so many other things we wanted to do that it just didn't fit in.

We might try to do fly over Canada before boarding, since it's just right there at Canada Place. I know it's similar to Soaring at Epcot, but dd was too short to ride last time we were there and I think she'd love it.

We'd love to meet up with you guys, but it sounds like we're headed in different directions the day prior. Maybe we should schedule a meet up for anyone who is interested once on board? Maybe prior to the muster drill?

The cruise is part of the presents. We are up to meeting after the muster drill. I'm having a hard time finding anything Disney Alaska. I was hoping to find clipart of the totem poles. Has anyone started on their magnets yet?

After reading over 35 threads about this cruise, I have began to make plans. We have booked our excursion for Ketchikan - float plane to the Misty Fjords. I have been emailing back and forth for our other two excursions. I will finalize those soon. We are going to Seattle before the cruise, and I have booked a condo near Pike Place Market for two nights. Finally I booked our hotel for three nights in Vancouver. We will be staying at the Renaissance Vancouver Harbourside Hotel. It is very near to the cruise terminal, and at $134 a night I decided to book it. Planning for three families and ten people is a challenge that takes lots of research. I still have to arrange our flights and transportation, but I am not too worried about those pieces.

Bad news, my DH was unable to get his vacation time in March, 2015 approved.
Good news, he got three weeks in June approved instead!:yay: Alaska, here we come! I moved our funds from our March Fantasy sailing to the June 22, Alaska sailing about a week ago. We are veteran DCL cruisers, but have never cruised Alaska and are super excited.
We are me (Kristi), my husband (Kerry) and our two sons who will be 12 and 13 when we sail.
We love FEs and private Mixology classes, so I will be sending PMs shortly. We're looking forward to meeting everyone.

Kristi

Welcome! Glad you're here :)

Bad news, my DH was unable to get his vacation time in March, 2015 approved.
Good news, he got three weeks in June approved instead!:yay: Alaska, here we come! I moved our funds from our March Fantasy sailing to the June 22, Alaska sailing about a week ago. We are veteran DCL cruisers, but have never cruised Alaska and are super excited.
We are me (Kristi), my husband (Kerry) and our two sons who will be 12 and 13 when we sail.
We love FEs and private Mixology classes, so I will be sending PMs shortly. We're looking forward to meeting everyone.

Kristi

Unfortunately, posts have been removed from a number of Cruise Meets threads including this one.

PLEASE review the Cruise Meet Policy regarding Cruise Meet and Fish Extender programs. - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3353477

Links to Cruise Meet discussion/Fish Extenders other than those on the DIS may not be posted or offered by any other means (PM, email, "search" directions, etc.).

Cruise Meet threads are doing just fine still managing meet and FE discussions right here on the DIS as they have since FE began (also here on the DIS).

FE organizers generally need to know how many people (adults/children) are participating in each cabin with child ages for age appropriate gift giving. Other information you would like to share such as names, allergies, favorite characters, etc. is up to you. Other personal information is not really necessary. Those organizing FEs typically ask for the information to be posted in the meet thread or sent to them via PM. If no one comes forward to organize a FE for this cruise, perhaps someone can start that right in this thread.

DISboards Fish-Extender Basics

Enjoy!

Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

My family is so excited to go on this cruise! It will be our first Disney Cruise so it will be our first time doing a fish extender exchange. We're very excited!

My family is so excited to go on this cruise! It will be our first Disney Cruise so it will be our first time doing a fish extender exchange. We're very excited!

Welcome! I too am excited. I have done months of research, so now I am just in wait mode until it is time to confirm our reservations. Alaska just looks beautiful!

A few days ago we went to our local outlet mall. They have The North Face store there. Great prices! So if you are in need of some fleece or a light rain coat and have one in your area, I highly recommend it. I am sure we will be going back before the cruise as only two of our four family members were there to shop.

We are a group of 15 in 5 cabins. Me-Monika, DH- Josh and our 4 kids (at time of the cruise will be Ilana-9 yo, Adam-7 yo, Ellie & Rose- 4 yo twins); 3 grandparents; my sister and her SO; DH's brother, wife and their 2 kids (8 yo and 6 yo).

First cruise for our family of 6 and first Disney Cruise! We are very excited! Looking forward to any tips from those of you who have cruised DCL!

Monika

Welcome! Alaska AND Disney- super exciting for your first family cruise!

We are a group of 15 in 5 cabins. Me-Monika, DH- Josh and our 4 kids (at time of the cruise will be Ilana-9 yo, Adam-7 yo, Ellie & Rose- 4 yo twins); 3 grandparents; my sister and her SO; DH's brother, wife and their 2 kids (8 yo and 6 yo).

First cruise for our family of 6 and first Disney Cruise! We are very excited! Looking forward to any tips from those of you who have cruised DCL!

Monika

Updated to add Meet & Greet Info

Welcome Alaska Cruisers!

ROLL CALL
mollyclairesmom: Katie & Brandon, DD Molly (6)
Luv2Sleep: Mom and DS (8)
LJC1861: Linda & Lisa
Dopey4Life: the Russ Family - Nicole & Dave - 35, DD Madison - 6
Dreamertz: Michelle & David, DS Evan-17yr and DS Ryan-13yr
Momof34man: DW, DH, DS 19, DS 16 and father-in-law
Disneyfun1: Art & Lisa, DD Meghan (19)
Sharksfinatic17: 10 of us in three rooms. Our party consists of my parents, my family of four (DD19 and DD17 at the time of sailing) , and my brother and his family (four as well -nephew will be 13 and niece will be 11)
Kholtdis: Ryan and Kristina, Hailey(9), Hunter(7), Anders(3)
cincrowell: Staci and Grandma Mary, Emily(4)
cindyella: Cindy and John, Kristen(17)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

MEET AND GREET
Come say hello and get to know each other! We'll meet at 3pm on the deck 7 aft overlook (aka secret deck - go all the way aft on deck 7, then turn toward the inside of the ship; the door to the aft overlook is located in a small setback behind the stairs). In case of inclement weather, we'll move to the Promenade Lounge instead.

FISH EXTENDER EXCHANGE
Let's keep it fun and simple-- I won’t specify any themes or assigned delivery days. It will be up to you whether you want to do one gift per cabin or individual gifts for everyone in each cabin. If our numbers start getting larger, we will split up into smaller groups to keep it manageable for everyone.

To give everyone time to prepare, the deadline to join the FE Exchange will be FRIDAY, MAY 1ST, 2015. I will then send messages to all participants on Saturday, May 2nd 2015, with all the details of the FE group(s).

To join the FE Exchange, please send me a “Private Message” with the following information:
*Cabin Number
*Names of everyone in your cabin
*Ages of children
*Any allergy or other special considerations

FE PARTICIPANTS
mollyclairesmom
speechbridge
tinker toy
Dopey4Life
LJC1861
Familygonewild
jaimeadk
Kacey467
Dreamertz
Momof34man
Disneyfun1
Dquintero
Disney4lif
Vacationaddicts
Kholtdis
Cindyella
Cincrowell

PRIVATE MIXOLOGY
We're arranging a private mixology session for our group, tentatively scheduled for the first sea day at 2PM. The cost will be $15/pp, subject to change by DCL.

To sign up, please send me a PM with the following info:
* Cabin Number
* Name(s)
* Number of participants (21+ only)
* Email address (for final confirmation only)

If you are new to the DIS Boards:
*You will need ten posts before you can send a Private Message.
*Easiest way to send a PM: click on the recipient's name in the upper left-hand side of a post and then click on "Send (name) a Private Message".
*Alternate way to send a PM: Click on "User CP" on the far left side in the light blue bar near the top of the page, then scroll down to "Send New Message" on the left.

We are coming too! Although we booked months ago I just got around to signing us up here. We have 11 of us - my family of four (DS 17 and DS 13), my sister's family of four (DS 22, DD 17), my dad and my in-laws (sorry - I'm not good with abbreviations!). We can't wait. None of us are the creative FE type but we are happy to be a part of it all!

Deb

We are coming too! Although we booked months ago I just got around to signing us up here. We have 11 of us - my family of four (DS 17 and DS 13), my sister's family of four (DS 22, DD 17), my dad and my in-laws (sorry - I'm not good with abbreviations!). We can't wait. None of us are the creative FE type but we are happy to be a part of it all!

Deb

We are a group of ten with a DD 19, DD 17, DNephew 13, and DNiece 11, Somewhat similiar ages. This is our third Disney cruise. I can't wait to see Alaska!

Our 1st Disney cruise. We are from New Jersey. We ( hubby & I ) will be traveling with our 4 kids 9-8-6-5 yrs. and with my mom. Would love to participate in FE group. We are very new at all this but all of us are super excited.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter