Wonder getting REPO'ed to Vancouver!: May 20th, 2013 Official Thread!

Good Morning everyone

My husband found this cruise recently and we are looking into diving in.
Have you all had your PIF date already?

I am trying to figure out what staterooms are still available.

PIF date is March 6th for this cruise. I hope you will be able to join us.

Corinna

I found where you can see the activities - so if you click on cruise activites through planning center you get there. But if you try to first click your cruise through "my reservation" then it won't show it. Before though it would allow you to put shore excursions on a wish list, prior to being able to book. I don't see that option now, but I might be missing it.:confused3

we are from SF so feel free to ask away any questions, and if I can help out at all with reservations just let me know.

Hey calmom, questions for you:
1. I am interested in visiting the Disney Museum, Alcatraz, and see highlight of landmarks around town while we are at SF, do you thing we need to rent a car for the day?

2. Do you recommand any interesting place to eat near by the pier? By interesting I mean things that's unique to SF, things that we won't get on board the ship during the cruise.

We are from Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada.

1. I am interested in visiting the Disney Museum, Alcatraz, and see highlight of landmarks around town while we are at SF, do you thing we need to rent a car for the day?

2. Do you recommand any interesting place to eat near by the pier? By interesting I mean things that's unique to SF, things that we won't get on board the ship during the cruise.

Now who you asked, but I can give you my opinions.

Driving and parking can be a nightmare in the city, I wouldn't rent a car for the sights you want to see that are in the city. Public transport will be the way to go.
You can catch the tour boat to Alcatraz up the street from where the ship will dock.
Link to the Disney Family Museum website with transportation options: http://www.waltdisney.com/transportation

Lots of seafood places at Fisherman's Wharf. My preference is Boudin Bakery for their clam chowder in their famous sourdough bread bowl.

Almost time to check in and make Polo reservation! WooHOOO!! Do we have any Platinum or Gold Castaway members that have already done this?

Now who you asked, but I can give you my opinions.

Driving and parking can be a nightmare in the city, I wouldn't rent a car for the sights you want to see that are in the city. Public transport will be the way to go.
You can catch the tour boat to Alcatraz up the street from where the ship will dock.
Link to the Disney Family Museum website with transportation options: http://www.waltdisney.com/transportation

Lots of seafood places at Fisherman's Wharf. My preference is Boudin Bakery for their clam chowder in their famous sourdough bread bowl.

Isn't Boudin Bakery in DCA? :laughing:
Thanks for your advise JillJill.

Almost time to check in and make Polo reservation! WooHOOO!! Do we have any Platinum or Gold Castaway members that have already done this?
Yup, I have. But I won't be playing Polo on the ship. :rotfl2: :headache: :lmao:

Isn't Boudin Bakery in DCA? :laughing:
Thanks for your advise JillJill.
I'll be visiting it there as well. :cloud9:

:furious: PALO!!!! :(

Anyway, do we have to pick a port arrival time like we have to for PC? :confused3

Whew....you are going to Palo and not playing Polo. :flower3:

Yes, you still pick a port arrival time.

After reseearching both and trying to decide , this one jumped up in price and now the May 27 to Alska is actually cheaper because of the airfare.

See some of you on that one.

JillJill gave some great suggestions. I agree that public transportation is great, especially easy to get to Alcatraz (although visiting there could take a couple hours minimum, so be sure to plan accordingly). Not sure about Walt Disney Museum, we always have driven and there is lots of parking on the street there, but if the buses/shuttles come frequently then you should be okay. Just wouldn't want to be stuck there, as there is really nothing that is a quick walk from there, pretty isolated in the Presido.

With the restaurant, what type of price range are you looking at? That will determine some recommendations, as pretty much everything by the pier is expensive, almost irregardless of the quality. If you have time to go a little away from the pier, you will have more options. Slanted Door is a very popular spot, great food.

We have booked our excursions now. We went with Shoretrips for the two excursions we are doing together. We will do the Napa Wine Train on the first day at San Francisco and a Zodiac Whale Watching tour in Victoria. Graham has booked a cycling tour through a UK company for the second day in San Francisco and I am planning to visit the Disney Family Museum. Now we just need to figure out what to do in Vancouver on the change over day.

Corinna

We have booked our excursions now. We went with Shoretrips for the two excursions we are doing together. We will do the Napa Wine Train on the first day at San Francisco and a Zodiac Whale Watching tour in Victoria. Graham has booked a cycling tour through a UK company for the second day in San Francisco and I am planning to visit the Disney Family Museum. Now we just need to figure out what to do in Vancouver on the change over day.

Corinna

Are you going to visit the Museum on your own or thru DCL? If on your own we'll need to talk.

The one thing we'll do in Vancouver is laundry. How exciting............
Not sure if we'll get off the ship or not that day. We'll have to see how disembarking/embarking goes.

We're visiting the Museum on our own on the first day (May 22nd). Just trying to figure out the best way of getting there. Suggestions?

Are you going to visit the Museum on your own or thru DCL? If on your own we'll need to talk.

The one thing we'll do in Vancouver is laundry. How exciting............
Not sure if we'll get off the ship or not that day. We'll have to see how disembarking/embarking goes.

Definitely on my own. I have heard the prices that DCL charges for this are totally over the top. We will probably do laundry the last night of this cruise or during the sail away party of the Alaska cruise.

Corinna

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter