Wonder 10/01/2015 3-night Baja

We are on it! It will be the second leg of our very first B2B - this leg will get us to Gold! Woo hoo!

I just booked this cruise. The problem is that I didn't check with hubby first! Hopefully he will be ok with it. My kids will have to miss 2 days of school and with our oldest starting middle school, it makes me very nervous! I would have loved to do the 5 night but missing a whole week of school would have killed us!

I reserved a balcony room! We usually get 2 ocean view rooms but this time it was less expensive to get the family verandah room. Having that 3rd kid really messed up cruising! Ha..ha! We will be a bit squished with 5 of us in the room but since it's only 3 nights it won't be too bad.

I'm hoping two family friends will reserve too. My son will be 11 and most likely won't go to the Edge by himself. My other son will be 10 & my daughter 7. Fingers crossed that I don't have to cancel!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Also wanted to book the 5 night but didn't want to pull the kids out of school that long. As it is we'll send them to school for the first couple classes on Oct 1, pick them up and head straight to the port. One of the advantages of living in the port city.

Also wanted to book the 5 night but didn't want to pull the kids out of school that long. As it is we'll send them to school for the first couple classes on Oct 1, pick them up and head straight to the port. One of the advantages of living in the port city.

Yes, I thought about letting the oldest go to school til maybe 9:30 then heading down to SD. We live in Ventura County so it's about a three hour drive on a good traffic day. Considered taking the train but it takes about 4 hours and is pricey for the 5 of us.

My oldest will be starting high school in August of next year, so even though we really wanted to do a 5-night, and she'd be willing to miss a week of school, I'm not comfortable with pulling her out for that long. We're in LA, so I think she'll go to her first couple of classes and then we'll head down to SD around 11:00. Though I really want to get there early and try for a port upgrade.

I'm so excited! I've really been wanting to go on another cruise but I hate flying, and adding four LA-Orlando plane tickets really makes it out of range for us. So glad they're coming back to LA! :dance3:

I'll be looking for pre-cruise email penpals for my girls. They'll be 9 and 14 when we cruise. We did this last time and the kids both had so much fun with their new friends. And that meant that they stayed in the clubs more and Mom and Dad got to spend a lot of time up at Quiet Cove! Oldest still emails with one friend she met on our last cruise. If you have a (at cruise time) 7-10 year old or a 14-15 year old girl going on this cruise who would like to make a cruise friend, please PM me.

We are on this cruise :cool1: First leg of a B2B, decided 5 days wasn't enough. So, eight should be just right.

It's myself (Gary) and DW (Robyn) and DD who is now 5 but will have just turned 7 when we go on the cruise.

Looking forward to meeting everyone!

:beach: I have added your thread to the cruise meet list pixiedust:
Have a great Cruise!

We are on this cruise :cool1: First leg of a B2B, decided 5 days wasn't enough. So, eight should be just right.

It's myself (Gary) and DW (Robyn) and DD who is now 5 but will have just turned 7 when we go on the cruise.

Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Hi Gary! Welcome!

Your username looks familiar. Were you on the 04/2011 LA-Vancouver Repo or the 09/2012 CA Coastal Pixar cruise?

We are on this cruise :cool1: First leg of a B2B, decided 5 days wasn't enough. So, eight should be just right. It's myself (Gary) and DW (Robyn) and DD who is now 5 but will have just turned 7 when we go on the cruise. Looking forward to meeting everyone!

My daughter will be 7.5 when we sail. My boys will be 10 & almost 12 year old. That sounds crazy since they are 6, 8 & 10 now!

My daughter (11 at cruise) and I will be cruising. We're so excited the Wonder is back in California! Our first two cruises were on the Wonder out of California, and it will be nice to save on airfare. We will be traveling with 2 other families with girls, 7 and 9, and a boy, 7. Can't wait! Thinking about booking the 3 nighter in May as well.

My daughter will be 7.5 when we sail. My boys will be 10 & almost 12 year old. That sounds crazy since they are 6, 8 & 10 now!

Right?! My oldest will be 14! She's only 12 right now. 14 seems so far away, but it's really just right around the corner.

Hi Gary! Welcome!

Your username looks familiar. Were you on the 04/2011 LA-Vancouver Repo or the 09/2012 CA Coastal Pixar cruise?

We did the Pixar cruise in Sept 2012. It's a small world, I believe that on the second portion of our B2B there is also someone who was on the Pixar cruise...

I booked this for my DS and myself. This is our first Disney Cruise. I thought it was perfect since we live in San Diego and no airfare to factor in!! Plus, I've cruised a couple of time before on other lines and didn't really enjoy it but I really want to try a Disney cruise and this is perfect! Now the long countdown begins.

We just booked this cruise. We have never been on a cruise. The kids are excited. Can't wait to find a fish extender group. We are cruising with our 5 kids ! Girls 16 and 2 and Boys 9, 5 and 4. Plus Nana is coming too. We are local so I thought this would be a great first cruise to get our feet wet. Anyone have any tips to share???

So excited for this cruise. It will be my second Disney Cruise and the rest of my families first Disney Cruise. Hoping to find a fish extender group for this cruise. I also have my parents coming with us. I'm so excited!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter