Won Wyndham Cypress Palms on Skyauction -- was Skyauction bidding extensions

robinb

DIS veteran
I'm trying to understand how bidding on Skyauction works. I seem to remember reading that some people had their bidding extended a long time but I'm on my iPad and it's hard to search.

It says:

The auction closing time will be extended by 3 minutes whenever a new bid is submitted within the last 3 minutes of the end of the auction, up to a maximum of 1 hour.

So, if an auction is due to end at 12:00 noon it might be extended as long as 1 hour until 1:00 pm? It won't go past then? I want to bid on an auction but I can't have it go past 24 hours after the official end.

I finally found the thread. It appears that some auction was extended by SkyAuction for an extra 5 hours before it ended. That's OK by me. It just can't go more than 24 hours. So, I bid on it and (of course) someone else has bid against me *sigh*. I'm keeping my fingers crossed I'll get the auction.

I only once went in to "overtime" but it wasn't long. I've also had one I lost because I wasn't home watching when it closed. It wasn't long after I got an email offering me the same deal for the closing bid price. Good luck!!

I put in an autobid. On eBay I usually snipe but there is no such tool for SkyAuction.

We're at the LBV Palace for $425 for 5 nights (with breakfast) so if I don't get it I won't be too unhappy even if I end up paying more.

Ugh. Was outbid and sat at my computer ready to snipe and I forgot my password to confirm my bid! What bozo. Not a big deal, it got bid up to almost as much as I can buy it from eBay so I would pay maybe $25 more on eBay.

Skyauction will sometimes have more than one auction for the same place and dates. Last year, I got outbid three times for a week I wanted. For the fourth identical posting, I was finally able to win for less than the others paid since the other people interested in the same dates had already purchased their week. Keep checking to see if the same auction pops up in a day or two.

Thanks. This is VERY last minute. Like next Sunday, last minute LOL. I think I just won a week at Wyndham Cypress Palms for $222 with all fees :). I lost a week at Silver Lake earlier in the day.

Yup. I won it :). Not too bad if I do say so myself. Now off to cancel the Buena Vista Palace.

Thanks. This is VERY last minute. Like next Sunday, last minute LOL. I think I just won a week at Wyndham Cypress Palms for $222 with all fees :). I lost a week at Silver Lake earlier in the day.

Yup. I won it :). Not too bad if I do say so myself. Now off to cancel the Buena Vista Palace.

Nice. Always been tempted to bid there. Have you stayed there before?

No, I have not stayed there before. It gets mixed reviews like any place. I would have preferred Silver Lake but Wyndham Cypress was a good second choice. Plus, I'm saving $200 over Buena Vista Palace which will pay for breakfast and a nice dinner. I requested a balcony so we'll see if I get it.

No, I have not stayed there before. It gets mixed reviews like any place. I would have preferred Silver Lake but Wyndham Cypress was a good second choice. Plus, I'm saving $200 over Buena Vista Palace which will pay for breakfast and a nice dinner. I requested a balcony so we'll see if I get it.

Do come back after your trip and let us know your thoughts on Cypress Palms. Pictures would be great too, if you don't mind taking some :flower3: . We have a week booked at WCP in October (in a two bedroom villa) and it will be our first stay at that property, so all info is appreciated.

Do come back after your trip and let us know your thoughts on Cypress Palms. Pictures would be great too, if you don't mind taking some :flower3: . We have a week booked at WCP in October (in a two bedroom villa) and it will be our first stay at that property, so all info is appreciated.
Will do! From what I've read the buildings are pretty close together and there are some high pressure tactics to get you to sign up for a presentation.

FWIW, my auction was extended twice. I had a lower autobid in and two people outbid me so I waited until the last minute, but I put in a autobid of $202 and the other person quit at $201. Score!

Last edited:
Will do! From what I've read the buildings are pretty close together and there are some high pressure tactics to get you to sign up for a presentation.

Good to know....we shall be ready :thumbsup2.

I have no worries about the high pressure tactics, anyway.....we survived Westgate, so anyone else will be a piece of cake :rotfl2:.

I have no worries about the high pressure tactics, anyway.....we survived Westgate, so anyone else will be a piece of cake :rotfl2:.
Word. Westgate was one of the first presentations we ever attended. We also attended the DVC presentation the same trip. You would have thought that we would have forked over our money then and there just because they were nice to us. Nope. We went home and bought a resale, LOL.

The worst presentation I went to was at the Hilton Grand Waikoloa for some HHonors points and $100 to spend in one of their pricey restaurants. We told the salescritter that we owned DVC and that my DH had tons of HHonors points and that we didn't need or want to buy a another timeshare. She would not take "no" for an answer. She finally grabbed a photo of her cute son and told us we were literally taking the food out of his mouth by not buying. I was so angry. I told her to get her manager in here right away because we wanted to leave. She left us sitting there for another 30 minutes that passive aggressive little witch.

I love cypress palms. Stayed there two weeks in April. My tips: they didn't input my reservation in the computer last time. Sometimes Skyauction does not transfer details to the resort until the day of check in. If you are not in the system, your name will be on a long printout of all reservations. Ask to see the list if this happens to you and search carefully for your name.

Only one building has not been remodeled (I think it is building 9). Make sure you get a remodeled room.

I love the large one bedroom deluxe and two bedroom units. I would not be happy with the smaller one bedroom since it lacks a jacuzzi tub and balcony. The windows overlook the walkway and there is not great privacy. Check to see if your reservation is for a room with a full or partial kitchen. This will tell you which unit you received.

We did the timeshare tour and received a free week in RCI's system that can only be booked no more than 30 days out. It was unpleasant as usual, but the free week made it worth the trouble for us.

The free wifi works great every time. We saw a roach on the hall floor. It may have come in under the front door.

It isn't perfect, but for the money, I think it is great. I used to love Silver Lake, but they have a policy that you can only exchange/stay at the resort through resortcerts once every 4 years and they say they enforce it. I'd hate to get turned away since I do stay there on occasion.

Have fun!

I love cypress palms. Stayed there two weeks in April. My tips: they didn't input my reservation in the computer last time. Sometimes Skyauction does not transfer details to the resort until the day of check in. If you are not in the system, your name will be on a long printout of all reservations. Ask to see the list if this happens to you and search carefully for your name.

Only one building has not been remodeled (I think it is building 9). Make sure you get a remodeled room.

I love the large one bedroom deluxe and two bedroom units. I would not be happy with the smaller one bedroom since it lacks a jacuzzi tub and balcony. The windows overlook the walkway and there is not great privacy. Check to see if your reservation is for a room with a full or partial kitchen. This will tell you which unit you received.

We did the timeshare tour and received a free week in RCI's system that can only be booked no more than 30 days out. It was unpleasant as usual, but the free week made it worth the trouble for us.

The free wifi works great every time. We saw a roach on the hall floor. It may have come in under the front door.

It isn't perfect, but for the money, I think it is great. I used to love Silver Lake, but they have a policy that you can only exchange/stay at the resort through resortcerts once every 4 years and they say they enforce it. I'd hate to get turned away since I do stay there on occasion.

Have fun!
Thanks for the good info and encouragement. My reservation specifically says: "1 Bedroom Suite Full Kitchen" but I don't think that guarantees us a deluxe 1BR. I'm keeping my fingers crossed! I just hope SkyAuction doesn't share how much I paid for the week or they'll put me in s standard 1BR for sure.

With a 1 bedroom suite full kitchen, you should be getting the deluxe single. That will have a balcony. The other 1 bedrooms only have partial kitchens.

I just bought a week at Cypress Palms, 1 bedroom suite with full kitchen, from 'magicalholidays' on ebay. The receipt was from skyauction. I'm really hoping we get the 1 bedroom deluxe with the balcony. That would be a treat! This is a last minute trip in a couple of weeks. I'll report back:flower1:

I just bought a week at Cypress Palms, 1 bedroom suite with full kitchen, from 'magicalholidays' on ebay. The receipt was from skyauction. I'm really hoping we get the 1 bedroom deluxe with the balcony. That would be a treat! This is a last minute trip in a couple of weeks. I'll report back:flower1:
That's interesting that magicalholidays is really SkyAuction (or, at least they are buying from SkyAuction). I was looking at them too. They were very prompt in getting back to me.

Be ready for the "parking pass" scam to get you to sign up for a timeshare tour. They were nice at the parking pass desk but I was pretty persistent with my "no thank you".

Good advice! I have no interest in a timeshare tour. My husband will not be with me when I check-in so hopefully they will leave me alone! :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter