Women's triathlon in May, how will it affect the MK that day?

sweetp267

Mouseketeer
I have looked at all relevant websites for the women's triathlon on May 16 and going by Danskin's description of the route, the running or final leg will be a run THROUGH and around the MK. How will that not affect the park? The park hours for that day are until 8pm I believe. IMO they would have to block off alot of space in the park to do this properly. Does anyone know anything other than what I have read on Disney's WWOS site and Danskin's site? If this is what I imagine it to be, I will NOT be anywhere near the MK that day.

I wouldn't worry about it. The race starts at 6:30 in the morning, and these are not "Ironman" distances. The 1200 participants will be done long before most of the park crowds arrive... probably before the MK is open beyond Main Street.

If you want to do MK early that day, go for it. And if you happen to see these women run by while you're standing along Main Street waiting for the park to open, give them a big hand. After months of training, they've just finished a 400-yard swim, a 10-mile bike ride, and are "almost home" to the finish line, in support of breast cancer research.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter