women's formal attire

dizneykids

DCL Fire Cruise Survivor<br><font color=purple>Doe
okay, i've just spent the better part of my evening searching for a thread on this topic, but haven't found much to help me. so, please forgive me if this has been discussed to death!

i'm the jeans and t-shirt type, so i'm kinda clueless as to what to wear. i went to the mall tonight and found everything from short "little black dresses" to formal christmas dresses (on sale, of course, but don't think they're appropriate!). we are on the march 9-16 cruise. on formal nights, do women wear long, elegant gowns (sequins, etc.) or nice pant suits or just normal nice dresses?

PLEASE HELP! :confused:

What is your hubby wearing? I have cruised wearing long black skirt with nice sweater sets, as well as a formal gown. I saw sequined dresses, long and short and I have seen nice Sunday dresses.
If you hubby is wearing a tux- I would try to go formal- you can go to Dillards (if you have one ) because they always have a rack 75% or a consignment shop.
If your DH is wearing a suit I think it would be fine to wear something not as dressy.
The main thing is to enjoy yourself and if you really don't want to dress dressly I would try Topsiders. From what I have heard it is good.

i expected a fight from him, but i think he is going with the spirit of a more formal cruise and has agreed to rent one to wear.

i went to foleys and jcpenney last night, guess i'll go look at dillards today. thanks for giving me some direction!

You will see everything on women from dressy pantsuits to elegant ball gowns on formal night. Feel free to wear whatever in that range makes you comfortable! I typically wear one of a few black short cocktail dresses I have and fit in just fine. There are plenty of women who wear long dresses too.

Enjoy! :)

dizneykids,
I think you both will look fabulous!!!!! I too found a fancy dress 50% off after Christmas and couldn't resist buying it to wear on the Cruise. We are doing the 4-day and Iwill wear it to Palo's.

think i'll combine what i already have with one new gown....i don't have many opportunities to really dress up anymore!

now...any recommendations for excursions with a 3yo?

You will see a variety of everything on your cruise. On our 7-day Magic cruise last January I took a long red dress and a black dressy pants outfit. Hubby took his dark suit and two shirts. On our next cruise (1/03) I'll leave the red dress home and just take the pants outfit, I felt much more comfortable in that and I can "change the look a bit" with different jewelry, a scarf, etc. You only wear your formal clothes a few hours, and I don't think anyone is going to care if I wear the same outfit twice. :D Actually, before our cruise I did buy a couple long sequined gowns, but after a week or so of thinking about it I decided they were just "too much" so took them back and bought the less glitzy things instead and felt more comfortable in them. But whatever you decide, have a great time!!

I wore "after five" (read: not a gown) dresses on the formal nights. I found one at Dillard's and the other at Lord and Taylor. Both were on sale!

On the 4 day Wonder Cruise: Is there no formal night? I realize that Palo's and Triton's is coat for the men. No tuxes at all on the cruise?
...Ken
p.s. I realize this is the Women's formal thread, but the search function is down and I didn't feel like starting a new thread for what has probably been answered before. Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!