Wolfgang Puck Express???

Discussion in 'Disney Dining Plan' started by Mickey1976, May 8, 2009.

1. Mickey1976

Mickey1976 Mouseketeer

I'm just checking out the menu on allears and it looks fabulous to us! Just wondering if this restaurant counts as a CS meal or TS meal? I think I saw CS somewhere. That being said, you can't make ressie's, correct? TIA!!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. MelanieC

MelanieC <font color=blue>BL II - Blue Team<br><font color=

It is definately CS and correct, you can't make ressie's :)

4. jcemom

jcemom Official Tag Fairy Assistant

It's a CS, but as close to a TS as you can get without doing actual TS. We love WPE. We have had wonderful service there, better than many TS restaurants. :goodvibes

5. Winue

Winue Mouseketeer

Just went there on wednesday. it was FANTASTIC!!! the food was great, and it was most definately the best CS meal we had, and yes, it was better than most TS meals we had!!!

6. Canadian Girl 77

Canadian Girl 77 Hoping for some pixie dust

CS but feels like a TS. We left a tip.

7. Mickey1976

Mickey1976 Mouseketeer

Awesome, thanks so much for the information!!! We're using 2TS credits to eat at Narcoossee's for our 5 year anniversary so figured on our "down" day to DTD, we'd eat dinner at a CS and this place looks fabulous! How are the lines?

8. W21981Brick

W21981Brick Mouseketeer

Just was there for the first time last Saturday. It was great, the food and service. The wait really was not bad- mabey 20 minutes of a line (we were just ouside the door when we got in line). The menu was big enough, and for being on the QS it was another great option!

9. Good Ol Gal

Good Ol Gal <font color=navy>A Longhorn living in Buckeye Coun

when looking at their menu, do you get to pick an appetizer, main dish, dessert & drink?

It doesn't look like there are "combo" meals there??

10. pavil

pavil I want to be an Imagineer

Like others have said it's great meal, almost like a TS for CS price. It's not as filling as a full blown TS dinner but we usually go there for lunch anyway and it very tasty. Highly recommended. We haven't tried to do it as a dinner spot.

11. pavil

You are thinking the old dinner plan. For TS dinners you get Drink, Entree and Dessert. For CS, you get a combo meal or Drink, Side, Entree and Dessert.
    We got a Salad and Pizza with a big cookie. All were very good I had some sort of veggie pizza and it was great.

12. Good Ol Gal

Good Ol Gal <font color=navy>A Longhorn living in Buckeye Coun

so since they don't have combo meals, you can pick a dish with a side/salad/soup?

13. W21981Brick

W21981Brick Mouseketeer

I had a salad w/ pasta, a drink and a dessert. Hubby had one of the sandwiches w/ chips drink and dessert. Very filling and good too.

14. pavil

Yes plus you get a dessert. If I remember correctly it's a big cookie or brownie at WGE.

15. jcemom

We did not get any sides with our meal unless they are specifically mentioned on the menu. For example, the rotisserie chicken comes with your choice of sides, or my mom's pasta came with salad. If it doesn't mention a side or salad (like a pizza) then it doesn't come with one.

For dessert we were given a choice of: two cookies in a package, a brownie, creme brulee, or frozen yogurt. Kids get the same choices as adults.

16. WAHMto5

WAHMto5 DIS Veteran

Our favorite place in DTD;)

17. pavil

Hmm I remember getting a Salad with the Pizza's we had, maybe my memory is wrong. it was 3 1/2 years ago.

18. DaddyTo2Girls

DaddyTo2Girls Earning My Ears

WPE was the best CS meal we had all week. We will definitely be going there next time we visit.

19. Dizneydaz

Dizneydaz DIS Veteran

We ate there twice last Sept. First time was for lunch about 11:30. We were at DisneyQuest and walked over. It's very close. It was a rainy weekday and there was no line. We really liked it. :goodvibes

The pizzas are good. We shared 2 that day (3 of us). We chose Key Lime Pie for dessert. It was so good we went back later in the trip for a late lunch and again there was no wait. Had Pizza, Fettucini, BBQ chicken salad-good but a little spicy and kid's pizza. Key lime pie for adults and giant cookie for kid. Serve yourself drinks (refills)

We will definitely be eating there again in Sept.

Here's some pix to whet your appetite!

[​IMG]
    Four Cheese Pizza

[​IMG]
    Fettucini

[​IMG]
    Kid's pizza, cookie in background.

[​IMG]
    Pepperoni and mushroom

[​IMG]
    BBQ Chicken Salad

[​IMG]
    Key Lime Pie

[​IMG]
    Outside

[​IMG]
    Inside ordering area-some tables. Also outside covered eating area.

20. jsrj21

jsrj21 Frathouse

My family and I enjoyed WPE at Downtown Disney. Last year when we were there, we went 4 times in a week. We had lunch and dinner there and we were really satisfied. I love the rotisserie chicken and the creme brulee. We have had the spaghetti and meatballs, caesar salad, and some pasta with bolognese...all excellent. I know that there are several of his restaurants on property but we went to one in particular. There is a review on the Dis that really criticizes the WP (the one by Bongos restaurant.)

I also fell in love with Cooke's of Dublin on our last trip. This is what i absolutely love about our trips; no matter how many times we go, we always find something new somewhere. Whether food or attraction, it's always a pleasant surprise.

Happy eating!

21. jcemom

Maybe they've changed it? We were there in January and didn't get salads with our pizza. My mom did get a salad with her pasta dish. Or maybe we should have asked? I do know they weren't offered to those of us who ordered pizza, and it was offered to my mom when she ordered the pasta. :confused3