Woah, what? Q from everything about Disney Tickets thread

mrsannb

Mooska meeska
So we've been to Disney a bazillion times.
But I was reading the thread that is pinned at the top about the Disney tickets and it blew my mind. It sounded too good to be true. :)
What I think it said is with the 10 day MYW and more no expiration you could, if you wanted, do a different park/attraction for 20 days, 10 with the main parks, and 10 with waterparks/minor parks?

For our upcoming trip we will want 3-4 days in the main parks and 3-4 trips to the waterparks or Disney quest. No more than one park per day.
So can I get that with just a 3 or 4 day pass versus a 6 or 8 day MYW w/ waterparks and more?
Do I have to add the no expiration or the park hopper for it to work like the 10 day scenario that included those two options?

I may just buy us all the 10 day no expiration and save them...need to look at the pricing...

You're right, it sounds too good to be true, but that is what it says.

I went and read for myself and on post #11 it seems to indicate that. Judging from the first statement of the post, it would be true on 3 day tickets as well.

Not sure if the information is correct, but I agree that is what the post seems to say.

The ticket sticky info is very accurate. You can definitely rely on it. I don't think you need the no expiration and it is a pretty pricey option.

We purchased the 10 day NE water park and more ticket and use it for 3 years for the main parks and since we only plan to do a water park or Disney Quest once every year, that ticket will last us for that option until our DS is a teenager!

But I was reading the thread that is pinned at the top about the Disney tickets and it blew my mind. It sounded too good to be true. :)
What I think it said is with the 10 day MYW and more no expiration you could, if you wanted, do a different park/attraction for 20 days, 10 with the main parks, and 10 with waterparks/minor parks?

For our upcoming trip we will want 3-4 days in the main parks and 3-4 trips to the waterparks or Disney quest. No more than one park per day.
So can I get that with just a 3 or 4 day pass versus a 6 or 8 day MYW w/ waterparks and more?
Do I have to add the no expiration or the park hopper for it to work like the 10 day scenario that included those two options?

I may just buy us all the 10 day no expiration and save them...need to look at the pricing...

Yup, the sticky is all accurate. It is maintained by a DIS memeber who works in ticketing at WDW.

For your situation, here are 2 options:

Option 1: Buy a 3 or 4 day ticket with WP&M. That will give you 3 or 4 major park days (MK, EPCOT, DHS, AK) and 3 or 4 WP&M entries (water parks, Disney Quest, etc). If you buy without hopper option, you can only go to the major parks one day at a time, no hopping. But, the WP&M option is not treated as Day entries, it is just entries for those, so you can use them all in a sinle day if you wanted. All options on this ticket would have to be used within 14 days of first use (unless you purchase NE option, which would be a waste for this ticket, imo).

Option 2: Buy a 10 day ticket with WP&M, and no expiry. This would give you 10 major park days and 10 WP&M entries. The intent with this ticket would be to use it over 3 separate trips, split as you want, becasue you have the NE option. This gives you a total of 20 options to use up over multiple trips. If you add the hopper option, which would only be about another $35 or so per ticket, you would be able to hop between the major parks. Hopper is not required to visit more than one minor park per day.

To give another answer to your question: If you want to go to WDW and spend four days at the theme parks (MK, AK, DHS, EP) and four days at the water parks or other places (DisneyQuest, miniature golf, Wide World of Sports) you only need to buy a four-day pass, and then add the water parks and more (WPM) option for $60.

The WPM option gets you one entry to the "other" parks for every day on your multi-day pass. You pay only $60 whether you are going for two days or ten days.

Park hopper and non expiration are add-ons that do not affect the WPM option. They can be used with it or not used with it. The park hopper, though, does become much cheaper (less than half price) if you also buy the WPM option (and vice versa). The non expiration gets more expensive depending on how many days you purchase.

On our upcoming vacation, we are doing four days at the theme parks, and two days where we hit water parks during the day and DisneyQuest at night. For those eight entries, we only need a four-day park pass with WPM option.

We will use our third waterpark day this June and we only have one unused day left on our ten day non exoiring tickets. We generally only do one waterpark day per trip. Our kids will likely be graduated from college and still have a couple of days left. And all that for slightly over $50 - or less than that if you have PHs already.

I think everyone's answered your questions already. I just wanted to add that buying 10-day NE tickets to use over multiple trips can save you a lot of money, but only in some circumstances. It could also end up costing you more money. I bought 10-day NE tickets recently, and I started a thread that outlines my rationale: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2984630

The basic rule of thumb is that you will have to use your NE ticket over 3 different trips for it to be valuable. If just two trips, then you are better off not bothering with the NE option (and just buying separate tickets for each trip).

As an aside: the rumor is that WDW will be doing away with the NE option altogether (although it's still available now). If this is true, then it verifies the fact that, in some situations, the NE option can save you lots and lots of money (I calculated that it ended up saving me almost $1000!).

Note the longer the ticket the less adding days becomes (I think its $10 a day after 5 days). Getting a couple of extra days to the base ticket might be cheaper than adding hopper option and give you flexibility to hit a major park in the evening of a day you did a waterpark or something during the day.

For instance:
You could get 4 day WPFM tickets and on one of your non-major park days do Typhoon Lagoon during the day, and just hang at the resort or something in the evening.
-or-
For $10 more per person you could go to a major park that evening for a few hours with a 5 day WPFM ticket. Even if you only go in for 2 hours its still a better value than even just doing a movie in DTD.

It is TRUE! Thanks to Cheshire for keeping it up to date. There is talk that the Non expire option is going away so if that is your final choice, you may want to get the tickets sooner rather than later. However, it doesn't sound like you need the NE ticket, only the WP&M option for your trip (unless you plan to use it over several trips). We still have 4 park days and 6 WP days on ours from a couple of years ago.

I am going to go against everyone else here and tell you no. The 10 MYW ticket does NOT have the water parks included. You need to purchase the 10 day MYW WITH water parks and more and the no expiration option. From your post, I think you think that the 10 day pass automatically has the waterparks included.

worm761 said:
I am going to go against everyone else here and tell you no. The 10 MYW ticket does NOT have the water parks included. You need to purchase the 10 day MYW WITH water parks and more and the no expiration option. From your post, I think you think that the 10 day pass automatically has the waterparks included.

I think the OP means for the "and more" to be the WPF&M option but you're right, that is a critical point of the question.

Note the longer the ticket the less adding days becomes (I think its $10 a day after 5 days). Getting a couple of extra days to the base ticket might be cheaper than adding hopper option and give you flexibility to hit a major park in the evening of a day you did a waterpark or something during the day.

For instance:
You could get 4 day WPFM tickets and on one of your non-major park days do Typhoon Lagoon during the day, and just hang at the resort or something in the evening.
-or-
For $10 more per person you could go to a major park that evening for a few hours with a 5 day WPFM ticket. Even if you only go in for 2 hours its still a better value than even just doing a movie in DTD.

This is a good suggestion. But, warning: if you don't have the hopper then you can't go to two different theme parks in one day, even if you would like to use an extra theme park day to do so. (That's a common confusion.)

I think the OP means for the "and more" to be the WPF&M option but you're right, that is a critical point of the question.

Correct. I didn't remember exactly what the ticket was called. I meant the WPF&M.

This is a good suggestion. But, warning: if you don't have the hopper then you can't go to two different theme parks in one day, even if you would like to use an extra theme park day to do so. (That's a common confusion.)

Good point, but to be more clear it is two different major theme parks (MK, AK, DHS, and EP), you can do as I suggest and use it the same day as a water/minor park.

Ok I'm doing calculations...this is for 3 adults and 2 kids

3 Day WPF&M $1558

4 Day WPF&M $1631
4 day WPF&M w/ park hopper $1748

5 day WPF&M $1692
5 day WPF&M w/ park hopper $1810

6 day WPF&M $1746
6 day WPF&M w/ park hopper $1863
6 day WPF&M no exp $2624
6 day WPF&M no exp w/ park hopper $2741

7 day WPF&M no exp $2811
8 day WPF&M no exp $2997
9 day WPF&M no exp $3277
10 day WPF&M no exp $3423
10 day WPF&M no exp w/ park hopper $3540

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter