Wll rental car company hold our boosterseats?

mulderxcoltrane

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone,

We'll be renting a car from budget to get us to and from Port Canaveral next month.

I'd thought I'd heard once that some rental companies will store your personal carseats while you're at sea.

Is this true?

A. Call Budget and document names / title / authority regarding answer.
B. Seriously consider using Budget's carseats so you don't have to hassle with this.

ededmd said:
A. Call Budget and document names / title / authority regarding answer.
B. Seriously consider using Budget's carseats so you don't have to hassle with this.

We rented from budget last 2 cruises and both times we used their boosters. They didn't charge for these. If I had a very small child we would have wanted our own car seat, but the boosters were fine and we felt DS was perfectly safe both times. He was 4 and 5 (big for his age, but not huge!)

Unless the policy has changed, Budget will hold your seats for you. Normally they will rent their seats for $12 per day, but some packages include them at no extra charge.

As above, there is no way to install car seats on a DCL bus, and they are not legally required on a bus.

Please don't rent carseats, its very very dangerous to do so (its the same as buying a used carseat - you have no idea what its history is)

OP - I would just bring them with you. Boosters are not THAT hard to carry, and you can stash them under the bed or something on board. Then if you need them for a taxi ride or something you have them on hand. And you don't have to worry about them getting misplaced.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter