WL Views?

owl0306

Mouseketeer
Debating on which view to pick. It is only a $15 price difference between each view. Would you do standard, woods or courtyard? Which views did you like best?

Debating on which view to pick. It is only a $15 price difference between each view. Would you do standard, woods or courtyard? Which views did you like best?

For me it is worth upgrading to at least a woods view. I have had a standard view at the WL and there is nothing pleasant about viewing a loading dock or service area like I had with a standard view. My last visit we were in room #7049 and had an excellent view of the courtyard; we were upgraded from a woods view to courtyard. We loved and enjoyed the view daily from the balcony. The only drawback we had is that concierge has a private balcony.

IMG_0406.jpg

i like that view! I was even interested in the interior courtyard views. I think def not standard.

On our last stay at the Wilderness we had a woods view. It actually overlooked the Villas pool and we could also see the lake from our room. Do not remember the room but it was on the Villa side of the lodge. Nice and quiet at night.

At that price, I think it's worth the upgrade. We usually try to get a courtyard view and it's been worth it every time. Not sure if WL is still trying to pass off the "other" courtyard view, but be wary of this when booking. The "other" courtyard view is essentially a woods view with part of the WL Villas and part of the main hotel forming a "courtyard". The real courtyard view is shown in the photo above. If going for courtyard (and doing it over the phone), make sure it's the one that views the pool, like above.

We book what we can stand, not hoping for better.... Sometimes we like the courtyard view, if the price is right, but it has to be courtyard main pool, lower floors north wing....

We've been in the service area, really not that bad, again if the price is cheap, otter pond is decent too if you want quiet... But overall, we like watching the main pool and the afternoon parties!

grimley1968 said:
At that price, I think it's worth the upgrade. We usually try to get a courtyard view and it's been worth it every time. Not sure if WL is still trying to pass off the "other" courtyard view, but be wary of this when booking. The "other" courtyard view is essentially a woods view with part of the WL Villas and part of the main hotel forming a "courtyard". The real courtyard view is shown in the photo above. If going for courtyard (and doing it over the phone), make sure it's the one that views the pool, like above.

Thanks for the heads up. I check in next week and want to make sure I get what I paid for

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!